[DISCUSSION] Pet Ideas

Maybe pets that have specific abilities themselves. For example, there are plenty of good ideas floating around, perhaps make something like the following:

X pet ability is banking.
Y pet ability would be to assist in combat.
Z pet ability would be to assist in barrels, chests, and looting.

Possibly multiple pet slots per character? Pay per unlock? For instance pet 1 costs 100,000 coins to unlock, pet 2 upwards of 1,000,000, and pet 3 in-app purchasing?(with option to purchase all 3 in-app purchasing for a slight bit more?)

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

What about pet progression? How should they grow (or should they) through game play?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would suggest a lvl system for the pet if u take that suggestion from theleethaxx.
Like combat pet gets stronger bank pet gets more storage and loot pet gives you extra luck.

[quote=“tdaniel”]What about pet progression? How should they grow (or should they) through game play?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk[/quote]

yes, with different way to grow them, and all choice for the pet will be permanent

Pet lvl up: the pet can share exp with the character (share 30% from your earning exp).
Pet’s equipment: the equipment can give the pet talent.
Pet type: healing, combat, support…
Skills: you can let the pet can learn skill which will be randomly used.
Pet’s evolution: I think this’ll be great. A small lizard can evolve into a dragon :smile:
Griffin for wind, dragon for fire, leviathan for ice, fennir for poison.

• Different sorts of attacks - piercing (clawing, biting), elements (poison breath, etc.)
  • Visible growth or evolution - change in appearance or size or coloring or markings. Also, maybe the ability to choose from a selection of skins and assign your pet a specific skin. For example, you can make your dragon red or green or black or whatever, so it’s more customized to your ideas of what makes a dragon cool looking. If you get bored of your red dragon, you can make it black instead.
  • Pet functions can be toggled - for example, maybe can toggle on/off actions such as looting gold or drops, attacking mobs, breaking barrels. I personally would prefer this to having a specific type of pet performing only a specific function. My rationale is this: Perhaps the dragon pet attacks mobs, and I think the dragon looks cool, but I want a pet that loots drops. Why should I be stuck with the lame sparkly pony or whatever that only loots drops instead? Give me the ability to toggle my cool dragon to what I want it to do.
  • Maybe some of this would cost in-game gold… Pay 10,000 gold to give your dragon a different color or to toggle its function. But being able to do it for free would be better. :smiley:
  • Mountable pets - you know they would rock!
  • I am personally not in favor of pets stealing from your experience to level up, so maybe there’s another way to approach that.

Pet evolution sounds really good to me, pretty cool to place that in this game! This game keeps on adding more diverse content for diverse players so everyone can find something they like in this game. That’s why with very patch you guys send out it just keeps getting better and better

Loving these ideas so far!

[quote=“Aricius_Merlinus”]* Different sorts of attacks - piercing (clawing, biting), elements (poison breath, etc.)

• Visible growth or evolution - change in appearance or size or coloring or markings. Also, maybe the ability to choose from a selection of skins and assign your pet a specific skin. For example, you can make your dragon red or green or black or whatever, so it’s more customized to your ideas of what makes a dragon cool looking. If you get bored of your red dragon, you can make it black instead.
  • Pet functions can be toggled - for example, maybe can toggle on/off actions such as looting gold or drops, attacking mobs, breaking barrels. I personally would prefer this to having a specific type of pet performing only a specific function. My rationale is this: Perhaps the dragon pet attacks mobs, and I think the dragon looks cool, but I want a pet that loots drops. Why should I be stuck with the lame sparkly pony or whatever that only loots drops instead? Give me the ability to toggle my cool dragon to what I want it to do.
  • Maybe some of this would cost in-game gold… Pay 10,000 gold to give your dragon a different color or to toggle its function. But being able to do it for free would be better. :smiley:
  • Mountable pets - you know they would rock!
  • I am personally not in favor of pets stealing from your experience to level up, so maybe there’s another way to approach that.[/quote]
    I like this. All of this.
    That being said, 10k sounds entirely too low. I would make it based on max floor reached like re-roll.

What about some neutral monsters who are already spawned when you are on the floor and we can catch them to be our pet ? And, of course, the monsters will attack them (the neutral monsters).

(around 5 neutral monsters per floor)

Active mode: the pet will run around you and attack monsters on his own
Passive mode: the pet will not attack monster unless you or your pet get attacked.
I think this will be useful in some cases :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 7

^This. At this point it sounds like our community likes the ideas of WoW hunters. Lol
Let me see how this sounds all put together…
Neutral NPC’s that spawn randomly on floors(sorry buddy but 5 per floor sounds too much), for this example lets say there can be a maximum of one per floor, spawning at a random location, but it only has a percentage chance to spawn.(effected by mp level)
You have an option to attempt to capture it.
If attempting to capture it you have a percentage chance to capture it based on luck and the neutral NPC’s level.
Once captured you get a chance to “examine” its ability(or abilities).
After examining its abilities you have the page for pets(added into the page for your player info maybe?) At which point you can toggle what you use it for.
Killing enemies while it is in use gains it experience and each level gains it 1 “training point” which you can use to raise its combat stats, helper stats, or bank slots depending upon its profession.
At levels 1-19 it has one form, 20-39 another with a new “accessory” slot, 40-59 two armour slots, 60-79 a final evolved form and three slots, and 80-99 a fourth slot, and at 100 becomes a legendary with a 5th slot and a chance to become a different “heightened” form for a period of time, giving boosted combat stats for that time.
Pet accessories would give stats much like that of player item stats, with the exception of course of having bonuses for inventory slots, as well as bonuses for the helper abilities.

Sound good? Yeah I certainly like it. Say, do you guys have a poll installed? I think were gonna need one.

Ok ok folks hold the applause. I have an announcement to make. Firstly, this would take months to build. Secondly, releasing it in parts sounds redundant. And lastly, I don’t think they(the developers) have the guts.
Prove me wrong?(please?)

Sorry guys I got carried away. But it does sound mighty good to me. Guess I missed my calling as a game dev?

Cheers folks. I’m out.

Edit: just noticed the post before mine. I was replying to the one prior to that, just took me a while. But hey I like his idea too. Lets add it in there…

On the pet screen you would see currently selected pet's stats and equipment, other pet slots, and the pet equipped to said slots if applicable.
Empty pet slots would have the option to buy pet slot, with a maximum of six pet slots.
When equipping a follower(max of four followers at a time), it will ask you if you wish for it to be active or inactive.
Active pets would be outlined in one color, inactive in another, and non-equipped in another.
Highlighting a pet would show its stats and equipment, with the option of changing accessories, removing accessories, and of course selling the pet and regaining its experience in gold.

All great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

I never play WoW.

I say 5 because we have to save the neutral monsters from the monsters for catch them after.

I never play WoW.

I say 5 because we have to save the neutral monsters from the monsters for catch them after.[/quote]
I assume these neutral NPC’s can’t be effected by player damages then? Otherwise, if you have to save it and you run in hack and slashing, it winds up dead.

Hey guys, I think pet is a little bit old school. Why don’t we try something new? Let’s call them Guardians.

A few idea about guardian’s type:
+Fire: deal massive area damage to all nearby monster.
+Ice: heal an amount of your HP over time.
+Wind: boost up your stats like attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, etc…
+Poison: stand in front of you with a large shield & block monster’s attack.

Haha agree on not renaming pets, although thats what they are.

Familar for wizard? Companion for warrior? Companion for both?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pets-
Zombie
Bat
Lich
Vampire
Chimira
Tomcat
Panther/Jaguar
Alligator
Imp
Raptor
Unicorn
Wolf
Tiger
Giant Turtle
Scorpion
Golems - Ice Fire etc maybe element could change with primary weapon element.
Dragon is a must
Baby Dragon - aka cute version.
Reaper - A personal favorite and id love to see one in a game as a pet.
Maybe a creature like the ones from Pitch Black!!?

Personally id like to see afew (scary) creatures as well as cute.

I’m all about unicorns. UNICORNS FTW!!!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Oh yes Unicorn is everyones dream! N dragons too!