Download

How come I can no longer download my character?

To avoid upload/download exploit

1.6 feature

What do you mean Diieter??

Because in the past you could spent (let’s say) 15million gold on enchanting/re-rolling. If you weren’t lucky, you just downloaded your old data (the one that has that 15million gold) and try to enchant again. :smiley:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

It’s for a few reasons:

[ul][li]The download is only disabled when the data you have is either the same or newer than the server’s data. There is no other normal reason to download over your account in this state.[/li]
[li]We’ve received many customer support emails for players who were confused by the upload/download concept, who downloaded blank data onto their device, essentially clearing their save data. Disabling download when it’s not appropriate is a step towards preventing these actions.[/li]
[li]We have a lot of players using Download to get around the randomness of enchanting, by downloading over their account when they don’t get the result they are happy with. We always called this an exploit, but didn’t ban players for it ( it was our fault to begin with ). We decided that we would not disable download unless we had a different system for enchanting. [/li]
[li]If there’s ever an issue where you need to download your account again to resolve a bug, you can always Clear Data->Download or contact Support. [/li][/ul]

[quote=“SteigerBox”]It’s for a few reasons:

[ul][li]The download is only disabled when the data you have is either the same or newer than the server’s data. There is no other normal reason to download over your account in this state.[/li]
[li]We’ve received many customer support emails for players who were confused by the upload/download concept, who downloaded blank data onto their device, essentially clearing their save data. Disabling download when it’s not appropriate is a step towards preventing these actions.[/li]
[li]We have a lot of players using Download to get around the randomness of enchanting, by downloading over their account when they don’t get the result they are happy with. We always called this an exploit, but didn’t ban players for it ( it was our fault to begin with ). We decided that we would not disable download unless we had a different system for enchanting. [/li]
[li]If there’s ever an issue where you need to download your account again to resolve a bug, you can always Clear Data->Download or contact Support. [/li][/ul][/quote]
[emoji106]

Thanks for the informations Centra and Steiger…

[quote=“SteigerBox”]It’s for a few reasons:

[ul]
[li]If there’s ever an issue where you need to download your account again to resolve a bug, you can always Clear Data->Download or contact Support. [/li][/ul][/quote]

Because the cheaters will already have thought of this: This won’t stop the downloading exploite. Those that want to “reload” thier character after failing an attempt will simple clear thier data and download again.

I would suggest implementing a timed “lockout” on the downloads. So a person could only download once a month or something simulae.

Won’t stop it, but will make it more inconvenient for the cheaters.

Evolve or Die

It wouldn’t stop but be honnest, who would ever spend more than 3 minutes to do 1 single try (erasing data, downloading back, trying, erasing data, etc) :laughing:

for me D/U is kind of cheating… but i havent tried it yet…

[quote=“ryimscaith”][quote=“SteigerBox”]It’s for a few reasons:

[ul]

Because the cheaters will already have thought of this: This won’t stop the downloading exploite. Those that want to “reload” thier character after failing an attempt will simple clear thier data and download again.

I would suggest implementing a timed “lockout” on the downloads. So a person could only download once a month or something simulae.

Evolve or Die[/quote]

Of course, and there’s other ways around it as well. For players really looking to exploit, this is just a hurdle, but for everyone else we hope it’s enough incentive to play normally :smile:

Being an offline game, there’s only so much we can do to prevent cheating. It’s up to us to consider if spending a lot of development time on anti-cheat is worth it vs putting that time into content and bug fixing, for everyone else who doesnt cheat.

[emoji106]

[quote=“SteigerBox”][quote=“ryimscaith”][quote=“SteigerBox”]It’s for a few reasons:

[ul]

Evolve or Die[/quote]

Of course, and there’s other ways around it as well. For players really looking to exploit, this is just a hurdle, but for everyone else we hope it’s enough incentive to play normally :smile:

Being an offline game, there’s only so much we can do to prevent cheating. It’s up to us to consider if spending a lot of development time on anti-cheat is worth it vs putting that time into content and bug fixing, for everyone else who doesnt cheat.[/quote]
[emoji106]