Experiences and strategy with mythic hunter ring

Hi,

I play rogue as main and wizard as hireling.

I recently created my first mythic item, the hunter ring on the wizard. I expected shrines to spawn 1-3 epic monsters when I had the wizard hireling in the game and I played with rogue as the main. Only… nothing happens. However if I play wizard as the main and rogue as the hireling, the shrines do spawn the 1-3 epic monsters.

Do mythics only work on the main character? Or is it a bug? If it works as intended, I think the codex could be updated to better explain this “feature”. Those mythics are very expensive to craft and it’s annoying not knowing the full implications until after you crafted an item.

I had considered crafting 2x hunter ring, one for main and hireling, and I could accept if spawning 2-6 epics was unintended, however, you could just have a cap of 3 epics, which would still allow the hireling to have the ring.

As a 1.8 player, I find it next to impossible to aim for the crystal items, which seems easily available to the 1.7 players. As such, I see no other alternative than to shoot for the eternal items and hope you get lucky. My strategy is this:
Launch lvl 200 map at highest playable difficulty (i can do EP7), rush to the shrine, spawn epics, kill epics, return to main screen and repeat until you have killed 499 epics and 9 legends. Then open a highlevel legend map and kill the shrine epic there and kill the mythic monster.
To avoid accidentally killing epic nr 500 in the lvl 200 map, I rush past the shrine and just kill enslaver/ember when at 496-498. The goal is to control just killing nr 499 and not be dependent on a cartographer, which is often frozen due to the stupid bug. The shrine guardians are never frozen, so you can always get nr 500 in the legend map.

To speed up the process in getting to the 499 epics in the lvl 200 map, I have tried getting main character killed after killing the epics, instead of returning to main screen, since that way you can restart map and get a new one. It can speed up the farming process, however sometimes my hireling protects me from the monsters, and it ends up taking longer than just going to main screen.

Any tips or advice to the above?

Every item only works on the character that it is equipped on, why would you even think otherwise ?

Not a bug, and codex does not need editing.

Hunter ring only work when you’re equipping it on your main character. So in this case, it’s intended :smile:

About tip/advice on hunting CS/MS, I suggest you run on floor 100-150 Mythic 3 with maximum Item Quantity (capped at 200%) + having a hireling (this will add 100% to your Item Quantity). Because on lower floors, you can kill enemies way faster which will help a lot. Also, challenge maps have higher drop rate than normal ones. And another good news for you is that on patch 1.8.1 you can buy high level CS/MS from the Merchant which makes gold a bit less useless.

About killing epic enemies stuff, I recommend equipping Hunter ring and run around low level floors, activate the shrine, kill those epic enemies and quickly jump to another floor and repeat the procedure. As you’re about to finish the feat, jump to floor 300+ to kill the mythic enemy to ensure your item’s level is high. By this, I think you can farm about 100-150 epic enemies every 30 minutes.

[quote=“JesteR”]Every item only works on the character that it is equipped on, why would you even think otherwise ?

Not a bug, and codex does not need editing.[/quote]
I was under the impression that some formulas like gold find, luck and item drop rate worked across characters so e.g. it didn’t matter if main or hireling kills a monster. Are you saying that if I have max item drop rate on the hireling and 0% on the main, I will gain more items, if the hireling did all the kills than if the main did all the kills? This post seems to hint that the item drop rate works on the average of both characters:

If the gold find, luck and item drop rate formulas work on an average of both characters, I would expect the hunter ring to work the same, since to me the phrasing “Shrines will always spawn 1-3 Shrine Guardian” falls into the same category of “map affecting” affixes as gold find, luck and item drop rate. Unfortunately, none of these formulas are in the codex, which leads to ambiguous conclusions.

If I’m completely wrong here, I apologise. Just a new player trying to figure out how the game works.

No need to apologise. Nobody perfect :smile:

[quote=“zzvilzz”]
Hunter ring only work when you’re equipping it on your main character. So in this case, it’s intended :smile:[/quote]

It works on who ever activates the Shrine. I put it on my my Hireling and let it activate the Shine once. Very difficult to do since the AI is uncontrollable.

1 Like

The only affixes that would affect you while on a hireling are those 3 you mentioned, luck, gold find and item drop. They are indeed averaged between the two plus an extra 100% ID for having a hireling. Every kill is treated as if you killed it.

All other affixes are then separate. You are the one activating the shrine, not him. You don’t get his Hunter mythic just the same as you dont get his +weapon damage if he were to have one.

any proofs?

any proofs?[/quote]
Steiger said that :smile:

any proofs?[/quote]

Look at map description… They all give Item Quantity, Luck, Goldfind and Exp bonus. The higher the map and rarer the map the higher the bonus. Sadly Legend and Eternal maps are capped at 1000% bonus of each while Epic can go much higher at higher levels.

i always thought that it’s about the chest reward not about the loot from monsters.
if a random monster is capable of dropping 1-2 items lets say. 1000+ item q-ty shoud make that monster to drop 10-20 items… isnt it?

Yes, those stats are for end chest only.

Hunter ring only work when you’re equipping it on your main character. So in this case, it’s intended :smile:

About tip/advice on hunting CS/MS, I suggest you run on floor 100-150 Mythic 3 with maximum Item Quantity (capped at 200%) + having a hireling (this will add 100% to your Item Quantity). Because on lower floors, you can kill enemies way faster which will help a lot. Also, challenge maps have higher drop rate than normal ones. And another good news for you is that on patch 1.8.1 you can buy high level CS/MS from the Merchant which makes gold a bit less useless.

About killing epic enemies stuff, I recommend equipping Hunter ring and run around low level floors, activate the shrine, kill those epic enemies and quickly jump to another floor and repeat the procedure. As you’re about to finish the feat, jump to floor 300+ to kill the mythic enemy to ensure your item’s level is high. By this, I think you can farm about 100-150 epic enemies every 30 minutes.[/quote]
item quantily is item drop or some thing else??? and does my hireling need item quantily (or item drop) max 200% for insert 100% item
quantily like u said when i having hireling

[quote=“yohkunsama”]item quantily is item drop or some thing else??? and does my hireling need item quantily (or item drop) max 200% for insert 100% item
quantily like u said when i having hireling[/quote]

• Item quantity = item drop
  • If you have a hireling with you, you already got 100% boost in item quantity
  • If you have a hireling with you, the item quantity stat will be the average of your item quantity and your hireling’s. Example: Main character have 200% item quantity, hireling have 100% item quantity => average is (200%+100%)/2+100%=250%