[FAQ] Things related to the Battle Arena

What do u mean with updated.? 1.9 already released.??[/quote]

Not yet :smile:[/quote]

:cry: my bag are full with lagend map and eternal junk… lol… barely to throw them for another loot. cant wait to see the new update.

Update OP = update original post, not the game :laughing:

[quote=“cronos1234”]
:cry: my bag are full with lagend map and eternal junk… lol… barely to throw them for another loot. cant wait to see the new update.[/quote]
Same lol XD Used a few legend maps already to give way for more inventory lol

Ahh my bad. lol, only know op=overpower

Update #4 is now available :smile:

If I use effective in the arena, would ignore resist provide me with any increased damage or benefit?

Ignore Resist will overwrite Effective ring in both PvP & PvE. So it’s a bad idea if you want to replace Effective ring by Ignore Resist. AFAIK, Ignore Resist will gives you 1.0 DMG multiplier while Effective ring gives you 1.2 (or 1.25, hmmm).

[quote=“zzvilzz”] —
[/quote]
@zzvilzz i think u need update the thread,
First thing i want it in here is,
Gladiator set unlock phrase.
I didt remember well, but as o remember
Common league: necklace
Magic league: Ring
Rare league cap
epic league: robe
Lagend league: trophy
mythic league: Offhand weapon
Eternal league: Mainhand Weapon.
(those unlock are intended as what Steiger said in other thread, its not like when u play closed beta withis all can drop randomly from chest) u can ask steiger the correct item lineup because im not 100% sure about it.

Second is maybe about player in eternal league. as i am the first in open beta that reach eternal league. some player might be confuse about my set being ??? (unseen/hiden)

natures?

Ignore Resist will overwrite Effective ring in both PvP & PvE. So it’s a bad idea if you want to replace Effective ring by Ignore Resist. AFAIK, Ignore Resist will gives you 1.0 DMG multiplier while Effective ring gives you 1.2 (or 1.25, hmmm).[/quote]

Effective and Ignore resist do absolutely different things. They work together just fine but neither work in pvp. Players have no elemental weaknesses and different resist mechanics as monsters.

Effective makes your dmg calculated as if they were weak to that element. So lets say you hit a fire monster. Any DMG you deal will be calculated as if you hit them with Ice. If they resist Ice or better yet are immune to Ice, your DMG will be reduced to the point of 0 DMG if they are immune.

Monster weakness:
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

Ignore resists makes your attacks ignore the monster’s natural resistance (50% of their element), Greatly resist affix (75% reduction of stated element) and Immunity (100% reduction). Players have a very different resist mechanic. Just like how monsters do not have Armour, they do not have Resist the same way players do.

Monster resist:
[attachment=3]image.jpg[/attachment]

Player resist:
[attachment=2]image.jpg[/attachment]

1 Like

Clogon, thank you so much for the detailed reply. But just to clarify, you said neither work in PVP correct? However, you did show resists as part of the players damage reduction formula. I apologize for not quite understanding!

Players use a very different resistance mechanic than monsters. Ignore resist only ignores a Monster’s resistance affixes.

Thanks for clarifying. I was about to ask Steiger the same thing. Will update my post soon with some new changes in the way MMR works.

Update #5 is now available :smile:

Patch notes?

Nothing much, just fixing some bugs :smile:

Does armor affect Battle Arena?

Obviously, that’s a yes

Thanks. Wanted to be sure about it. :laughing:
I thought resist had a effect but it doesn’t so I wanted to clarify armor.

How do stat points affect pvp. Are they just scaled down to lv 20… or not used… or?