Feature Suggestion--Hireling Update

I would like to see the Hireling replaced with a “Party Mode”

Rather than paying your gold to bring one follower into your have, i believe an awesome alternative would be to have s check box to enter “Party Mode.” This would allow you to bring any number of party members with you, at the cost of multiplying the stats of your currently selected EP by the number in your selected party.

For instance, EP8 modifies enemy hp by 100000%

Entering party mode and selecting two additional characters would multiply that by 3, for 300000% enemy HP.

This would include your luck and gold find as well.

Would prevent giving weak characters free exp runs, increasing the games longevity
Would make legendary items easier to attain (though through difficult combat!)
Would add playability BEYOND the current end game

Sounds fun!
Maybe when the online aspect of the game goes live we could hire our friends characters to help us :smiley:

That would be ideal!

Also, a party now would open up the opportunity for a healer style class, like a cleric.

[quote=“Harahell”]Sounds fun!
Maybe when the online aspect of the game goes live we could hire our friends characters to help us :smiley:[/quote]

That’s actually already planned! :smile:

We hope to have new content along with it that encourages you to make friends and play with w/ their characters. More on this once we get closer to 1.7, but please share any features you’d like to see with this system.

Niceeeeeee xD

Idk how u planning to make the online aspect of the game, i may suggest a village/town where u connect with others players to make trades, have a few test-dolls around to show of some dmg to others… Stuff like that [emoji106]

[quote=“Harahell”]Niceeeeeee xD

Idk how u planning to make the online aspect of the game, i may suggest a village/town where u connect with others players to make trades, have a few test-dolls around to show of some dmg to others… Stuff like that [emoji106][/quote]

I wouldnt say what we’re doing in 1.7 is “online” like most people think, which would be online multiplayer with friends playing with each other in the same game. To achieve this, it would be 6-9 to rewrite most of the game. Basically take how long the Rogue took us, and triple it.

Instead, we’re planning on making DQ as social as possible, through adding friends and hiring their characters, trading, events, potentially some sort of chat, etc. These systems we can achieve much much quicker, and I think will give almost as much incentive to have friends playing with your characters and you playing with theirs.

I recommend DQ to all my friends already :smiley:

A email system to give stuff to ur friends maybe could work to start :wink:
Oh and thanks once again to give us such a great game! Keep up the good work!

[quote=“Harahell”]I recommend DQ to all my friends already :smiley:

A email system to give stuff to ur friends maybe could work to start :wink:
Oh and thanks once again to give us such a great game! Keep up the good work![/quote]

Absolutely :smile: Thank you guys for playing and for the feedback!

[quote=“Aspirer”]That would be ideal!

Also, a party now would open up the opportunity for a healer style class, like a cleric.[/quote]

Please stop that ! Its far too early in the morning for me to be getting all excited and daring to dream of a healer class :mrgreen:

I find that dq doesnt need any new classes. I can heal myself enough with 6% hp leech.

Are you gonna implement an auctionhouse?
Like where you can see items and can send offers of items?
For example you see a nadrojis ring and decide that you want it and so you offer a cataclysm for it and if the other guy accepts, you trade?

[quote]Rather than paying your gold to bring one follower into your have, i believe an awesome alternative would be to have s check box to enter “Party Mode.” This would allow you to bring any number of party members with you, at the cost of multiplying the stats of your currently selected EP by the number in your selected party.

Entering party mode and selecting two additional characters would multiply that by 3, for 300000% enemy HP.

This would include your luck and gold find as well. [/quote]

So actually you want DQ to become Diablo 3 :wink:

But you brought an interesting idea, EP’s difficulty should be increased if we have a hired character x2 for 1 hired char, and x3 for 2 hired char (which will be possible in the future if i’m right, which can be complicated for “low devices” to handle this)

Idk how u planning to make the online aspect of the game, i may suggest a village/town where u connect with others players to make trades, have a few test-dolls around to show of some dmg to others… Stuff like that [emoji106][/quote]

Already suggested it but Steiger told me it would take too much time to recode the game this way and I doubt players would wait something like 5 months :confused:

But don’t worry, already talked with him about “guilds” “guilds headquarters” “town” and things…

Also, 1.7 will be a social patch, which is including : friendlist, chat, events, etc
Instead of playing “online” in real time with a friend, you will be able to add someone in your friendlist and hire him (so better being friend with the top players), which is a good compromise!

Beyond the current endgame? you find the endgame difficulty too low? hm… every EP got buffed a lot (especially EP8 which is very difficult now for casuals), but don’t remember if that’s from 1.5 or 1.6 (current beta patch) , but if you’re finding the buffed ep8, please tell us, so we can think about increasing it once more =)

Planned for 1.7

Yap, also a system to give stuff by liking the fb page is already planned too

I really doubt we could have a cleric in DQ one day, because everyone can already heal himself alone (also mp/hp leech will be reworked, not by % values but more like +X/per hit, because even with 0.1% leech you can heal yourself for tons of HP)

But I think a “support” class would be possible, so the hired character would buff stats “+X% dmg” or “+X% mvt spd” on main character.
But tbh I would rather see a brand new class which could make DQ apart from the others games, mages/warriors/archers are the “basics”, now I think DQ need something new or not seen in every single game (personnal PoV)

Exactly what I explained above, thanks for having the same PoV than me :smile:

Players will be able to trade, but I doubt it will be an AH since it’s the kind of things which ruined D3
Problem with AH is that the cash shoppers will get a ton of gold and buy the items they want to resell them more expensive, then controlling the DQ economy, that’s not really the way of thinking of Shinybox :confused:

I think the trading system will be only between players who are linked by a friendlist, also Steiger talked about making trades by the new website (which will be awesome and get new functions, like “legend contest propositions” made on the site, without by forum)

Anyway, it’s all going in 1.7 which is still in brainstorming, so better focus on the remaining things of the 1.6 before thinking about 1.7 :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean ah were you actually trade items for other items.

[quote=“Diieter”][quote]Rather than paying your gold to bring one follower into your have, i believe an awesome alternative would be to have s check box to enter “Party Mode.” This would allow you to bring any number of party members with you, at the cost of multiplying the stats of your currently selected EP by the number in your selected party.

This would include your luck and gold find as well. [/quote]

So actually you want DQ to become Diablo 3 :wink:

But you brought an interesting idea, EP’s difficulty should be increased if we have a hired character x2 for 1 hired char, and x3 for 2 hired char (which will be possible in the future if i’m right, which can be complicated for “low devices” to handle this)

Already suggested it but Steiger told me it would take too much time to recode the game this way and I doubt players would wait something like 5 months :confused:

But don’t worry, already talked with him about “guilds” “guilds headquarters” “town” and things…

Also, 1.7 will be a social patch, which is including : friendlist, chat, events, etc
Instead of playing “online” in real time with a friend, you will be able to add someone in your friendlist and hire him (so better being friend with the top players), which is a good compromise!

Beyond the current endgame? you find the endgame difficulty too low? hm… every EP got buffed a lot (especially EP8 which is very difficult now for casuals), but don’t remember if that’s from 1.5 or 1.6 (current beta patch) , but if you’re finding the buffed ep8, please tell us, so we can think about increasing it once more =)

Planned for 1.7

Yap, also a system to give stuff by liking the fb page is already planned too

I really doubt we could have a cleric in DQ one day, because everyone can already heal himself alone (also mp/hp leech will be reworked, not by % values but more like +X/per hit, because even with 0.1% leech you can heal yourself for tons of HP)

But I think a “support” class would be possible, so the hired character would buff stats “+X% dmg” or “+X% mvt spd” on main character.
But tbh I would rather see a brand new class which could make DQ apart from the others games, mages/warriors/archers are the “basics”, now I think DQ need something new or not seen in every single game (personnal PoV)

Exactly what I explained above, thanks for having the same PoV than me :smile:

Players will be able to trade, but I doubt it will be an AH since it’s the kind of things which ruined D3
Problem with AH is that the cash shoppers will get a ton of gold and buy the items they want to resell them more expensive, then controlling the DQ economy, that’s not really the way of thinking of Shinybox :confused:

I think the trading system will be only between players who are linked by a friendlist, also Steiger talked about making trades by the new website (which will be awesome and get new functions, like “legend contest propositions” made on the site, without by forum)

Anyway, it’s all going in 1.7 which is still in brainstorming, so better focus on the remaining things of the 1.6 before thinking about 1.7 :p[/quote]

1. that’s in no way d3. D3 was all around piss poor. It sold SOLELY on the prestige of D2. My party mode suggestion would in no way take away character customization (which d3 had essentially none of), nor was i suggesting multiplayer party mode (d3 has no party mode in single player, save 3 even LESS customizable mercenaries)

In all, this game would need a 180 to lower itself to D3 level…

1. i personally feel town centers and such are too much salt and pepper… finish preparing the meat and potatoes before adding the spices

2. by cleric, i was just trying to name off a standard archetype. I much prefer an all-around support class with a healing option.

And i love the “unique” class idea. I suggested in my rogue review to remove his traps, and give that to a dedicated trap/tower/sentry based character (and further alternating to make this class note feasible.)

1. as i said above, i think d3 was doomed from release. Lol

Anyway, thanks for the considerations and input!