Feedback on 1.8

I know it’s been available for a while now and this is probably not useful to anyone; but I wanted to take my time and not just go with a knee jerk reaction.

So originally I was excited about the feat changes. I still like the decrease in amount of bosses needed to get the drop; though I would have preferred it remain 100 and get an eternal rather than 20 for a regular legend. I also understand the problems presented by allowing crystals to be duplicated using the old feat and agree that it needed to be toned down. As someone who didn’t stock up on obsidian crystals prior to the patch I must say; you went too far. As a test; the day after I installed the patch I completed my mythic enemy feat and got my first eternal. I also intentionally spent all of the crystals above ilevel 50 and made sure I had no crystal type that I could convert up without using my last one (so no more than 2 of each crystal from the first 10 types). As luck has no effect on crystal rarity I went with a set up of 170% item find and started farming crystals. I am using the hunter mythic ring effect.

The expirement is to see whether eternal or obsidian crystals are harder to get and the answer is the crystal by more than double. I have gotten one and a half mythic enemies to spawn (still working on getting the epic enemies for the second one) but have only achieved converting crystals up to ilevel 75 from converting and one ilevel 85 from the crystal feat. I clear all levels completely. Every enemy killed, every breakable broken and every crystal purchased from the merchant. I have not used more than 5-8 crystals in any way apart from converting them to higher tiers. Getting higher tier crystals is simply too much investment.

To date I have never had a crystal higher than ilevel 60 drop (that’s since crystals were introduced, not just since 1.8). The problem is that it requires over 800k ilevel 1 crystals to reach obsidian and even with the reduction in crystals needed to complete the feat being reduced from 1k to 600; the sheer amount of crystals needed compared with the amount gained needs to be adjusted.

I have certain luck when it comes to drops. Specifically, bad luck. I have had to make every single piece of gear I use from the ground up. I don’t get eternal or crystal drops. I didn’t even know crystal affixes could even come naturally on a piece of gear until I read about it in a thread. I’ve gotten three legend items feats sinces 1.8 and not a single eternal or crystal legend. The 8 crystal items I have were all from obsidian crystals. The problem I have is that even when a legends drop they don’t have the stats I’m looking for; the crystal system is great in that I can now take those items and turn them into something I actually want. But this change has ruined my ability to do so.

Can we get an option to revert the update? I can’t progress until I get gear that is actually an upgrade and there is not point in hoping for an upgrade to drop. It’s bad eneough that I will be forced to use multiple obsidian crystals to get an affix I want without allowing me a chance to get the obsidian crystals required to get those chances.

I understand the mythstones having this limitation; you get exactly what you want by using a mythstone. Of course; you often have to use a high level crystal to get a socket on a piece of gear in order to use a mythstone, which is annoying in and of itself. I’m drowning in mythstones I can’t use and can’t get rid of without spending gold; but I can’t get enough high level crystals to allow for any upgrades to my gear.

The crystal and mythstone system is great; I appreciate being able to create gear that is exactly what I want; but I have to be able to actually utilize the system for it to be a factor. Since 1.8 it hasn’t been accessible to use. Now it’s just another pointless system that takes my inventory space and uses up all my gold.

Eternal gear is enough of an upgrade over gear I can make that it will retain its value without the removal of a way to get high tier crystals in any meaningful amount. The affix doubling and quality increase is far and away better than anything available to player created gear; it’s unnecessary to further disadvantage the crystal system with the current feat change.

Tl:dr version: the 1.8 change to the crystal use feat had removed crystals from being a viable option for progression.

your concerns has been answered

read. 71 post.

Thank you.

My apologies; did not see that and was somewhat unsure of searching for it as I wasn’t looking for information.

Thank you for providing the link so I could read up on it.

One question though: I thought the item quantity cap was 200% but Stieger said, in that thread, that it was 300% and having a hireling gave an additional 100%. Which is kind of upsetting as I had previously asked how bringing a hireling effected luck/item quantity etc and was told that it did not effect anything. I’m going to take Stieger’s word for it of course but I changed my hirelings gear selection around to drop luck. Wish I hadn’t have done that but at least it wasn’t anything important or that I spent much time/resources on.

Again; thank you.

Ok, I can’t find the edit button for the post I just made but I found another thread asking the same thing; my bad. Should have searched before asking.

[quote=“Tpollett”]My apologies; did not see that and was somewhat unsure of searching for it as I wasn’t looking for information.

Thank you for providing the link so I could read up on it.

One question though: I thought the item quantity cap was 200% but Stieger said, in that thread, that it was 300% and having a hireling gave an additional 100%. Which is kind of upsetting as I had previously asked how bringing a hireling effected luck/item quantity etc and was told that it did not effect anything. I’m going to take Stieger’s word for it of course but I changed my hirelings gear selection around to drop luck. Wish I hadn’t have done that but at least it wasn’t anything important or that I spent much time/resources on.

Again; thank you.[/quote]
This one? If yes, just let me know, and I’m gonna delete it. :smile:

That would be the one I was referring to but at this point I see no reason the entire thread can’t be removed as it doesn’t contain any new information and just clutters the board.

So do you want me to delete the whole thread? Can do it in just a second :wink: