[Gameplay Video] Spectral throw Warrior!

Hihi just wanna share a video of my toss warrior… :imp:

Just to show you guys you dont need Super item to play. This video shows a warrior with all legend can do well even at floor 260+ EP8 :smile:

This build will prolly be what im going to use atm and slowly upgrade the dmg and def… ideally to be able to go up to floor 500… without getting one shot. :frowning: =(

Enjoy

Video Link : youtube.com/watch?v=dbYoJlcICgc

1 Like

I hate you for having a Nadroji :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly though many of the extraordinarily effective builds for EP8 floor 250+ use (or require) a Nadroji piece (or luck with adding a legendary affix with crystals, or luck with getting the right MS) in order to triple your set bonuses.

This creates a bit of a wall for players who want to really develop their character: you end up stuck with how far your gear can take you without +2 set bonuses and then farm endlessly until you get a Nadroji (or the right crystal or MS) which then opens up the final tier.

Not saying this is “wrong” or anything, just saying that showing a build that essentially requires a Nadroji to function viably isn’t really proving that you don’t need uber gear… Sure, it isn’t Diieter’s Gyroscopic Slug that would take we mere mortals years to accrue the CS/MS needed to roll those items up, but the increase in power from a Nadroji amulet or ring or the affix from CS/MS (let alone two) is literally unrivaled by the relative power of ANY other affix. (Of course, that’s why it’s so rare!)

One thought I had was (if the new hero points system is going to allow respec’ing) to allow players to spend a LOT of hero points to unlock +1-2 set bonuses using that system (or use points to increase specific sets, if you want to make it more specialized in terms of a point sink). That way, newer players can still get this benefit even before they get lucky and find the nadroji/CS/MS and then eventually spec out of it (freeing those points up for the other major bonuses they had to forego)… meanwhile players that already have those affixes at their disposal hit the ground running and can start out putting the points in the myriad cool things it sounds like they’ll be useable on. My thought here is based solely on Diieter’s off-hand remarks about how the system works so it may not fit if I am misunderstanding).

[quote=“Zierham”]I hate you for having a Nadroji :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly though many of the extraordinarily effective builds for EP8 floor 250+ use (or require) a Nadroji piece (or luck with adding a legendary affix with crystals, or luck with getting the right MS) in order to triple your set bonuses.

This creates a bit of a wall for players who want to really develop their character: you end up stuck with how far your gear can take you without +2 set bonuses and then farm endlessly until you get a Nadroji (or the right crystal or MS) which then opens up the final tier.

Not saying this is “wrong” or anything, just saying that showing a build that essentially requires a Nadroji to function viably isn’t really proving that you don’t need uber gear… Sure, it isn’t Diieter’s Gyroscopic Slug that would take we mere mortals years to accrue the CS/MS needed to roll those items up, but the increase in power from a Nadroji amulet or ring or the affix from CS/MS (let alone two) is literally unrivaled by the relative power of ANY other affix. (Of course, that’s why it’s so rare!)

One thought I had was (if the new hero points system is going to allow respec’ing) to allow players to spend a LOT of hero points to unlock +1-2 set bonuses using that system (or use points to increase specific sets, if you want to make it more specialized in terms of a point sink). That way, newer players can still get this benefit even before they get lucky and find the nadroji/CS/MS and then eventually spec out of it (freeing those points up for the other major bonuses they had to forego)… meanwhile players that already have those affixes at their disposal hit the ground running and can start out putting the points in the myriad cool things it sounds like they’ll be useable on. My thought here is based solely on Diieter’s off-hand remarks about how the system works so it may not fit if I am misunderstanding).[/quote]

really? i was doing over floor 200 even without that neck thou… but its fairly easy to get around 120+ floor onwards

ON the side note. apart for lv 300 legend ring theres little to do at higher floor. dont be too hard on yourself.

i deal 2 million dmg at floor 1 to floor 200 and kill the mob withiin 5 sec is no different from i deal 200 million dmg at floor 500-1000. to kill the mob in 5sec

Unlimited Floor function is there for players to push their limit. Its not to Limit the fun of playing at lower lv. :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s impossible to do Floor 200+ with easy to find gear – just saying that farming EP8 (with that speed, especially) is going to essentially requiring stacking the benefits of multiple pieces of multiple sets. I am still seeking a Nadroji or the like, but am getting by on EP1 (can go up to 4 pretty easily) with purely legendary gear with only minor modifications through Crystals and can do EP8 Ignis (and sub 200 floors) totally safely (if not always the fastest… Ignis is fast at least!).

Also not saying that farming a Nadroji (or the crystals to combine up to Ruby, or the mythstones to combine up to Elixer) is hard, just a matter of time and luck. Just saying they’re rare enough that most folks won’t find them while they are even remotely still considered “newer” players!

It’s a great guide though, and it’s awesome to see Living Force in action after you had mentioned it in Bunny’s thread. I actually took a moment to equip a neck with it to screw around yesterday and realized you are (of course) totally correct about the guaranteed pierce on the way out – I apparently had misremembered (or not seen it properly) when screwing around with it a while back.

Edit for your second post while I was typing this one: Yeah that’s very true as well - I would kind of love to see some super-rare stuff from very high floors to provide continued advancement once you are in the 400+ range (kind of like how Cataclysm is 300+)… problem is that it’d have to be separate from the current affixes system otherwise there’s no need to do Floor 800 for the Staff of Slaughter when you could just take a Floor 100 Staff of Banging and use the right Crystals to get the same modifiers.

[quote=“Zierham”]Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s impossible to do Floor 200+ with easy to find gear – just saying that farming EP8 (with that speed, especially) is going to essentially requiring stacking the benefits of multiple pieces of multiple sets. I am still seeking a Nadroji or the like, but am getting by on EP1 (can go up to 4 pretty easily) with purely legendary gear with only minor modifications through Crystals and can do EP8 Ignis (and sub 200 floors) totally safely (if not always the fastest… Ignis is fast at least!).

Also not saying that farming a Nadroji (or the crystals to combine up to Ruby, or the mythstones to combine up to Elixer) is hard, just a matter of time and luck. Just saying they’re rare enough that most folks won’t find them while they are even remotely still considered “newer” players!

It’s a great guide though, and it’s awesome to see Living Force in action after you had mentioned it in Bunny’s thread. I actually took a moment to equip a neck with it to screw around yesterday and realized you are (of course) totally correct about the guaranteed pierce on the way out – I apparently had misremembered (or not seen it properly) when screwing around with it a while back.[/quote]

its cool hehe. yea living force up your dmg by 2 times. 3 times if u using comet… (first shot hit. come back hit. explode hits.) why im using hammer is to push mob away if they get close range.

[quote=“Zierham”]I hate you for having a Nadroji :stuck_out_tongue:

One thought I had was (if the new hero points system is going to allow respec’ing) to allow players to spend a LOT of hero points to unlock +1-2 set bonuses using that system (or use points to increase specific sets, if you want to make it more specialized in terms of a point sink). That way, newer players can still get this benefit even before they get lucky and find the nadroji/CS/MS and then eventually spec out of it (freeing those points up for the other major bonuses they had to forego)… meanwhile players that already have those affixes at their disposal hit the ground running and can start out putting the points in the myriad cool things it sounds like they’ll be useable on. My thought here is based solely on Diieter’s off-hand remarks about how the system works so it may not fit if I am misunderstanding).[/quote]

Well, tbh “setnumbers+4” is used by every single top player, I wouldn’t even think about a build without using these 2 affixes :laughing:

Also, I think this build has potential, toss warrior are used from the very start of DQ! that’s the most common build, and from what I see in this video I understand why, it’s cleary good! I think that with every maxxed affixes + crystal affixes and some modifications it would become an overpowered build so far! (Except you’ve to stand still to throw toss, that’s a bit annoying for me, but could be nice against bosses)

About the Heroic Points, you would be able to respec as much as you want, for now the price is 20M for 20 pts (insane ya! that’s why w’re not trying every perks for now :laughing: but it’s gonna be decrease, phew!) and the system is just… amazing!
That’s gonna increase massivly the DPS of everyone, and also, everyone is able to get HeroPoints by farming (not only luck factor), so that’s an essential feature! Actually, with this, I think the game is much complete than before so far!

The complaint I have with Living Force (not with the mechanic itself, just why I don’t “like” it for Comet) is that the explosion doesn’t happen when it first passes through the enemy. This delays the damage to the 18 friends that he brought with him meaning I might actually take enough damage to not be able to leech it back (didn’t test it enough to see if this was actually a problem) but it also means that if just a couple of explosions (say half a second of using the ability) would have killed a pack of regular mobs I am not stuck waiting for the comets to get out to their max distance, and come back and explode before his friends all die. Rather than your strategy of knocking them away if they get close, I instead tend to let monsters crowd around me so that my point-blank Comets are hitting a bunch of mobs at once, while also letting Electrified (and wrath, since I havent rerolled it yet) do some work. Obviously that may very well not work at EP8 with enemies doing more damage, and I do tend to die if I am facetanking a multi-shot boss like Cartographer and he lands multiple bolts on me at once. I also like the ability to clear ahead of myself somewhat – especially on maps with reduced leech since I can’t heal back to full just from damage and it gives me time to pop a potion before the swarm arrives to finish me off.

@ Diieter - Yeah that’s exactly what I mean about +set numbers being the single best affix by far, just means there is a huge jump in power between players who have +2 (let alone +4) and those who don’t… again, not a bad thing, but it does create a much more granularized (I’d even say tiered) system of player power that makes guides and difficulty feedback largely only relevant to others in the same tier.

Well that’s a bit normal that there is a gap between players which are farming a lot (for nadroji for example) the hardcore players, and the casual ones :smile:

Nadroji won’t be the most powerful item for ever, working on new items to egalize it :smile:

Thanks for posting the video!

[quote=“Zierham”]The complaint I have with Living Force (not with the mechanic itself, just why I don’t “like” it for Comet) is that the explosion doesn’t happen when it first passes through the enemy. This delays the damage to the 18 friends that he brought with him meaning I might actually take enough damage to not be able to leech it back (didn’t test it enough to see if this was actually a problem) but it also means that if just a couple of explosions (say half a second of using the ability) would have killed a pack of regular mobs I am not stuck waiting for the comets to get out to their max distance, and come back and explode before his friends all die. Rather than your strategy of knocking them away if they get close, I instead tend to let monsters crowd around me so that my point-blank Comets are hitting a bunch of mobs at once, while also letting Electrified (and wrath, since I havent rerolled it yet) do some work. Obviously that may very well not work at EP8 with enemies doing more damage, and I do tend to die if I am facetanking a multi-shot boss like Cartographer and he lands multiple bolts on me at once. I also like the ability to clear ahead of myself somewhat – especially on maps with reduced leech since I can’t heal back to full just from damage and it gives me time to pop a potion before the swarm arrives to finish me off.

@ Diieter - Yeah that’s exactly what I mean about +set numbers being the single best affix by far, just means there is a huge jump in power between players who have +2 (let alone +4) and those who don’t… again, not a bad thing, but it does create a much more granularized (I’d even say tiered) system of player power that makes guides and difficulty feedback largely only relevant to others in the same tier.[/quote]
A tip for u is that monster at the end of living force. Meaning standing at the point wherby the axe is rolling to come back takes extra dmgs [emoji16]

Think out of the box on what skill can make them go away from u [emoji6]

1 Like

My pleasure!

[quote=“Zierham”]
@ Diieter - Yeah that’s exactly what I mean about +set numbers being the single best affix by far, just means there is a huge jump in power between players who have +2 (let alone +4) and those who don’t… again, not a bad thing, but it does create a much more granularized (I’d even say tiered) system of player power that makes guides and difficulty feedback largely only relevant to others in the same tier.[/quote]

This is something we’re aware of. Having an affix that makes using sets really viable can be a wall between success and struggling. In 1.7, we’re hoping to create a way to target items with certain affixes ( like being able to find nadroji more reliably ). It won’t make finding these items overly easy, but just “more guaranteed/less random” if you put the work towards farming specific enemy types.

In every games yiou’re gonna have wanted affixes or items which are “better” than the others. That’s normal. That’s also why Nadroji is rare!
I don’t see any problem here, even more when it’s a hack n slash which mean “a lot of farm” :stuck_out_tongue:

Also 2 new items will be released at 1.7 which will be as good as nadroji, so technically Nadroji won’t be the only one overmegawanted item :smile:

Hmm yeah but your a warrior which means you die very rare . Btw nice video[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RoyalFairy , Rogue Level 99