Got about 30 hours in the new patch so far

Few things…

1. Glad the bow got reworked a little. It’s better now but still doesn’t seem like it can compete with the pistols. Case in point; I have a 27k dps pistol and I’m not even able to rework(crystals) any bow to perform the same damage on the battlefield. Damage is much lower and mana use is much higher. Please keep at it!

2. Crystals. 30 hours of playing and I’ve only been able to loot up to teir 12(out of 20) on both crystals and mythstones. Also that is with only looting x1 of teirs 10 through 12. At first I thought this was intentional and maybe you had to combine to get the higher teirs. So a made a back up and started combining, lol. Way to much money, takes too long (why no mass combine?), and honestly it didn’t really get me anywhere. I think I might have been able to see the teir 14, not sure.

Was this your intention? I have looted 300-400 lower crystals but have never had/seen a Jasper teir 15. Current lvl is 94 with 1.3M dps and for 200 cleared. Can you please shed some light on how to go about getting higher crystals to drop.

1. Any plans on adding more IAP to your game? I would love to spend some money but I’ve bought everything I want and would like to see some new stuff added. I could just buy stuff I’d never use, for support, but I might as well ask for new stuff first.

Agreed if they want too make a little money off of me im ha0py to spend a little for it…just make it utility and not pay to win…WE HATE THAT CRAP!

We have tweaked the drop rate of the crystals in patch 1.6.1 and 1.6.2. We will continue to tweak it until we find a great sweet spot that doesn’t take ages but also doesn’t give you a lol 100 item right off the bat :smile:

Iam on floor 412. I have played for 14 hour and highest crystal what I get is citrine…:stuck_out_tongue: Little boring…

I stand corrected we did NOT adjust drop rates in those patches

Hey Rhokk, thank you very much for the feedback and support!

[quote=“Rhokk222”]

1. Glad the bow got reworked a little. It’s better now but still doesn’t seem like it can compete with the pistols. Case in point; I have a 27k dps pistol and I’m not even able to rework(crystals) any bow to perform the same damage on the battlefield. Damage is much lower and mana use is much higher. Please keep at it![/quote]
    It’s tough to compete with Pistols, they are a bit over powered. :smile:

We’ll be making another pass on skills while developing the Hero System for patch 1.7, so will look at additional ways of improving the other Rogue skills.

[quote=“Rhokk222”]
2. Crystals. 30 hours of playing and I’ve only been able to loot up to teir 12(out of 20) on both crystals and mythstones. Also that is with only looting x1 of teirs 10 through 12. At first I thought this was intentional and maybe you had to combine to get the higher teirs. So a made a back up and started combining, lol. Way to much money, takes too long (why no mass combine?), and honestly it didn’t really get me anywhere. I think I might have been able to see the teir 14, not sure. [/quote]
Pricing for Crystal conversion may have been a bit harsh, so that’s definitely something we can look at.

[quote=“Rhokk222”]
Was this your intention? I have looted 300-400 lower crystals but have never had/seen a Jasper teir 15. Current lvl is 94 with 1.3M dps and for 200 cleared. Can you please shed some light on how to go about getting higher crystals to drop. [/quote]
The intention with Crystals is to give a long term item progression for players. The reason Jasper is so high is that we wanted players to prioritize finding items with sockets already, and the later Crystals we feel are rightfully extremely rare, as they potentially add a lot of power to items. See Dieter’s builds in the guide section to see the insane potential.

To be successful in climbing floors 1-200, you don’t need these Crystals ( as many players are able to climb past 200 with just Legend items alone ). Past that, once you start hitting 300+, hopefully around that time you’ll start collecting more and more rare Crystals which could help you take on the hardest challenges that DQ has to give. That represents a lot of time invested, but for the players that enjoy playing a lot, we like to give them something to look forward to :smile:

[quote=“Rhokk222”]
3. Any plans on adding more IAP to your game? I would love to spend some money but I’ve bought everything I want and would like to see some new stuff added. I could just buy stuff I’d never use, for support, but I might as well ask for new stuff first.[/quote]
Absolutely, but not sure what patch new IAPs will be added. Let us know what you’d like to see, will make sure our artists get the feedback!

[quote=“Rhokk222”]
3. Any plans on adding more IAP to your game? I would love to spend some money but I’ve bought everything I want and would like to see some new stuff added. I could just buy stuff I’d never use, for support, but I might as well ask for new stuff first.[/quote]
Absolutely, but not sure what patch new IAPs will be added. Let us know what you’d like to see, will make sure our artists get the feedback![/quote]

DQ has always been great with not adding IAPs that are game changing, like extra stat boosting items or stronger equipments and that is why I have continued to support DQ by purchasing things like extra slots and the special because they’re really for aesthetics and a bit of extra fun with six characters, but mainly to support you guys cause I love the game and where it’s heading. Maybe you guys can add in an option to change how a character looks physically later, like facial features, body type, etc., I would love to make my character feel more unique to me, not just defined by the build I use alone. And maybe compliment that with some purchasable avatar outfits, offering some with gold and some with IAP. It’d be awesome to feel like I have a truly unique character to me and not get bored looking at the same outfit for hours on end as I play, farm, attempt higher floors, theory craft and enchant new gears (that’s a lottt of time). Pretty awesome if I can make a fully suited male rogue that uses the pistol and make him look like the Matrix or something :stuck_out_tongue:, but allowed to change it whenever since changing appearances has absolutely no affect on how the game is played, all aesthetics.

Maybe, instead of setting up each talent with certain looks for the gears, like a Spiritimancer talent ONLY has those skeletal themed clothing, make the gear’s appearances random and maybe add more options, then players can not only look forward to farming CS/MS but also different core outfits with the option to purchase avatar outfits! More content present at as “option” but has no major affect on the game will only increase DQ’s fanbase by making it more appealing to more players but also continue to polish this wonderful game.

To the original post, I agree with you that prices for CS/MS is quite steep as converting low level CS/MS can add up and higher ones pretty pricey; I think if anything the drop rate is more harsh than the pricing of conversion, fact is:
For the highest tiered CS/MS, it would require 524,288 of the base CS/MS and convert them up to one highest tiered CS/MS.
math: if getting 1 Obsidian requires 2 Amethyst, and 1 Amethyst requires 2 Ruby, and 1 Ruby requires 1 Garnet, 1 Obsdian would then basically require 4 Rubies or 8 Garnets, so it’s an exponential increase in the amount of base CS/MS needed when counting backwards, by the time you consider how many Calcite is needed for 1 Obsidian, the math comes out to be 2^19!!!
THAT IS IF, IF, you have farmed up enough gold to convert all those AND THEN spend the time converting them one by one, the time required to farm up not exceeds for the old enchantment system of rerolling, probably, BUT you also still need time to enchant your gear with it and rerolling it for the right affix with the perfect stat.

The math is harsh because I’ve been unfair and comparing converting the lowest tier to the highest tier without considering other tiers dropping in that time. Thus I’ll use the OP’s observation, the highest he’s found after 30 hours of gameplay is 1 from tiers 10, 11 and 12.
math: to get an obsidian from using those tier 10, 11 and 12’s that the OP found, he would need: 256 tier 12 [2^8], 512 tier 11 [2^9], 1024 tier 10 [2^10]. Now, finding one tier 12 took the OP 30 hours, meaning in order to find 256, theoretically it’d require 256 x 30 = 7680 hours, or 320 days. But that’s not consider how much tier 10, 11, and below, which decreases that 320 day match dramatically.

These number seem very exaggerated and they are, because a lot of things aren’t being considered like if the player is using Item Drop/Luck gear to boost their chances greatly. But using the base stats of OP, which seems like they finished all the original challenges, they should have at least 100% luck from the challenges. And with 1.3m DPS I’m assuming they’re don’t have any Luck affixes on their gear. But let’s assume they maxed out with 650% Luck and 200% Item Drop. 200% Item Drop mean in those 30 hours the OP would’ve found 3 tier 10, 11, and 12. 650% luck (just logically thinking calculating this) would in tern change some of the lower tier dropped found into higher tiered ones so I’m going to assume hopefully didn’t underestimate too much that the numbers might come out to be 20-25 tier 10, 17-23 tier 11 and 13-18 tier 12 with some more higher tiers and some more lower tiers. With the time required to get higher tiered CS/MS increases dramatically. But this is with max Item Drop AND Luck, unfortunately the majority of the community doesn’t have access to these kind of numbers yet, especially since you the material stones to get there to begin with.

From personal experience with my 0% Item Drop and about 250% Luck I’ve gotten to tier 18 ish as my highest CS drop and 19 as my highest MS drop. This is after playing about 20-25 hours. So yes the numbers very exaggerated when considering all other factors but they aren’t unrealistic as a basis for how much time and play is required, especially when you consider that most end-game builds will have at least one crystal stat on each item with one set ability, a few legendary affixes, and a few epic affixes and some high tiered MS like +All Set/Skill/Talent per item, that’s 6 Obsidians, 6 Amethysts, 6+ Rubies, 6+ Topaz, 6+ Elixir MS. And that’s to build up one character of the normal three that each player would probably like to own and try out.

I’m not complaining, just giving out the numbers, although they’re really all estimates, but based on logic and actual real in-game numbers. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy playing and don’t the struggle to find and convert higher tiered CS/MS doesn’t really bother me too much, just means I have to spend more time farming which isn’t that bad now. I’m still having fun and at the end of the day, that’s most important to me and the staff has done a fabulous job in providing me this fun. And even without me making this long post about ONE aspect of the game, though major, just means how much I’ve dived into the game and how much time I’m spending on it. And the DQ staff has always been excellent with listening and consider the voice of the community and as Steiger has pointed out himself, everything is being considered right now for the next patch, with bundle converting, making CS/MS unsellable, higher drop rates, etc. I just wanted to make this post to point out the numbers to those that don’t immerse into the game this much and theory craft, at least they can get some idea of the numbers at work.

Grind on friends! Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry I mentioned the wrong tier numbers when I said my highest CS being 18 and highest MS being 19. Head was a little boggled at the time I wrote that post but my highest was tier 12 as well for CS and tier 15 for MS (randomly got that one on floor 120 ish with around 300% luck).

You make all really good points tyteaz, and we’re still reading player opinion on the new systems and figuring out how we can make things even better. It’s hard from anecdotal evidence to make decisions on loot models ( especially with the amount of randomization ).

There’s a feeling of if something’s in the game, the player should have a reasonable chance to get it. When you math out conversion rates, things become grim, especially after a long play session where you haven’t seen anything rare. On our side, we’ve done loot sims to calculate what’s reasonable ( from our point of view ) and we didn’t expect that people would be finding Obsidian’s in their first 2 weeks. Now, player’s expectation and our expectation could be different here, so we need to do a better job of setting expectations, and giving players better opportunities to farm what they are interested in.

I think we’ll address things in the following ways:
[ul][li]Reduce costs of conversions.[/li]
[li]Introduce map mods that increase the rarity of crystals or mythstones found. [/li]
[li]Introduce a bit more variation in MS/CS drop rarity that matches how far floor wise the player has progressed. [/li]
[li]Potentially add more ways for players to target what they want to farm or gain MS/CS as reward[/li][/ul]

We’re about half way through progress on the next patch ( 1.7 ) so some of these changes may end up there. Some, if widely anticipated, may come earlier. Continue to let us know what you guys think, and we’ll continue to try to improve our systems ( while not giving away too much too fast ).

Hey I appreciate all of your comments. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a forum with such great users (devs responding and thanking, players so kind and informative, etc). Everything about this game is simply outstanding and so far ahead of other mobile games.

Thanks SteigerBox for looking into the bow thing a little more. I really REALLY want to use bows but the current state of things will just set me back too much.

If I’m reading correctly, floors 300+ are the requirement for the higher teirs of crystals to start dropping? Can any players that have maps that high confirm getting higher teirs? I know tyteaz stated that he had some luck in this area. However pradimilk is on 412 and is right there on the same teir as me.

Btw, thank you tyteaz for your post. You went into more depth than I did but your message was totally in line with what I was experiencing. I run with no luck % as my gear is offensive based. It’s all modified legends and every stat line is totally needed for 1.3M dps. No room for luck, so I rely on the harder difficulty (6-8) for my luck. Even then, things take forever to kill, if I can even kill them without dying.

As far as IAPs, you guys would’ve already made money off of adding extra bag space. Kind of like how you did with character slots. I would love to spend money on the luck or exp IAP but I can’t for the life of me. I’ve learned throughout my years on the app store that apps having expendable IAP are money grabs. After being burned a few times, I do not buy those anymore. Now I have tried your luck IAP once to see if paying $.99 is worth it but I didn’t notice a difference then. Your game is great, I don’t mind supporting you but I don’t feel good about expendable IAPs. Rework this somehow and you will appeal to my (and possibly others) mind and money!