Graphic problems? Help. :o

I downloaded Dungeon Quest and it was working perfectly. Then, I closed the game and started to do something. But, when I played the game again… The graphics/color during the game was i think corrupted? When I don’t move my character the color of the game is yellow and when I move the color is green. The screen before playing the game is normal but during the game, the problem shows.

Helppppppp! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

What’s your device?
Alread tried to delete/reinstall the game?

Forgot to mention that. Sorry. :astonished:

I’m using Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 (Rooted)
Firmware version is: 2.3.5
I tried reinstalling the game but its still the same. At first, it was working perfectly then I quitted the game and start it back up again and the same thing happened. At first I thought it was because of turning off the wi-fi after exiting the game but I tried to reinstall it again with the wifi on and exited and the same thing happened. The loading screen and the screen after (double tap to start and dungeon crawl and character selection) is working just fine but when I start to play the screen becomes like that. :frowning:

Please help. :frowning: I badly want to play this game. This game is so coooooool. :frowning:(

I think i remember reading here that DQ doesnt like root. Thats all the help i can offer, sorry :angry:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

[quote=“Lisp”]I think i remember reading here that DQ doesnt like root. Thats all the help i can offer, sorry :angry:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Really? :astonished: Then, I’ll try diasbling my root. Since, I don’t know how to unroot. Haha. Thanks for the help. :smile: I’ll keep you posted if this works or not. :smile:

You might be able to use an apk called framaroot to unroot. Im not sure though. Its supposed to be a one click root app for many devices, and supports custom scripts and unrooting, but it wont root my htc one s even though im supported -.-

Doesn’t work. :frowning:

When you rooted your device, did you use a oneclick program on your pc, or did you use adb in command prompt? Some oneclicks come with an unroot feature, in case you need to RMA your device for whatever reason. Also, it could simply just be the rom that doesnt like DQ, and not root. Try a stock rom, maybe.

[quote=“Lisp”]When you rooted your device, did you use a oneclick program on your pc, or did you use adb in command prompt? Some oneclicks come with an unroot feature, in case you need to RMA your device for whatever reason. Also, it could simply just be the rom that doesnt like DQ, and not root. Try a stock rom, maybe.

Well, I’ll try. But, first, I’ll try installing a custom rom some other time and see if it will show the same problem and then if not, I’ll unroot my device. :smile:

Sorry the getting on this late, I missed this thread!

Quick questions:
What rom did you flash?
make sure you are running latest from Google play
Please clear your cache (go to settings -> apps -> DQ -> clear cache)
Restart the game
Let shaders compile
from main menu choose “settings”
Then press the “High FX” button (it should say low fx)
Start up game, play game.
Close game (kill app)
restart game…is it still messed up at this point?

[quote=“tdaniel”]Sorry the getting on this late, I missed this thread!

Quick questions:
What rom did you flash?
make sure you are running latest from Google play
Please clear your cache (go to settings -> apps -> DQ -> clear cache)
Restart the game
Let shaders compile
from main menu choose “settings”
Then press the “High FX” button (it should say low fx)
Start up game, play game.
Close game (kill app)
restart game…is it still messed up at this point?[/quote]

Oh no. Its okay. :smile:

I’m running a stock rom. Though, I’m thinking to flash a custom rom to see if the graphic problems would not occur.

I tried this method, thank you for this. :smile: But, unfortunately, it was still the same. :frowning: Though, the color change. It became red when steady and blue when moving. But, It’s much clearer than the last time and while playing the game it froze at some point and restarted my phone. :astonished:

And you have the latest version of DQ on your phone…1.4.2.0?
I don’t think our current apk supports that Samsung device (I am looking it up on our google play portal and your model number shows up as not available).

In some cases custom roms do help as they remove lots of software that is preinstalled with your device and in some cases allow you to move to higher android versions.

Can you tell me the exact model number and android version info from “System - About Device/Phone”?

Thanks!

[quote=“tdaniel”]And you have the latest version of DQ on your phone…1.4.2.0?
I don’t think our current apk supports that Samsung device (I am looking it up on our google play portal and your model number shows up as not available).

In some cases custom roms do help as they remove lots of software that is preinstalled with your device and in some cases allow you to move to higher android versions.

Can you tell me the exact model number and android version info from “System - About Device/Phone”?

Thanks![/quote]

Yes. I do have the latest version of DQ. :smile: Really? </3 Yeah. I’ll install a custom rom on my phone later, i guess.

Model number: GT-I9000
Firmware version: GB 2.3.5

Before you flash a custom rom, let me ask this since im not to techy on rooting. Do you have s-off? If not, DONT flash a new rom. You’ll have an android version of an iPod. No calls, no texts, just internet. Learned that the hard way… Well, that, and i flashed straight from 2.2 to 4.2 >~<

[quote=“Lisp”]Before you flash a custom rom, let me ask this since im not to techy on rooting. Do you have s-off? If not, DONT flash a new rom. You’ll have an android version of an iPod. No calls, no texts, just internet. Learned that the hard way… Well, that, and i flashed straight from 2.2 to 4.2 >~<

What is s-off? :astonished: Are you using a custom rom? What rom? I’m planning to flash c-rom v5.4. I think its Kitkat. I don’t remember. :astonished:

Okay, forget the s-off thing. Thats only for HTC (thanks google!). That means you can ignore me now :stuck_out_tongue: i was just being cautious for you to help prevent bricking your device.

I wish i was running a custom rom. I dont have a pc, so the only way i could root is with framaroot apk. And then id still need a pc for s-off :\ htc one s.

Its now working. :smile: I flashed C-Rom 4.4.2 V5.4 and its working properly! :smiley: This is got to be the happiest day of my life. <3 Hahaha! Thanks guys. :smile: