Help kill the frozen Cartagrapher!

The number of enemies on the map seem to be the only thing affecting this. I recommend just creating a “Shrine” like tower that we activate to summon the Cartagrapher.

another thing i gorgot to mention… hard carto is quite easy to find, coz we need to kill him to proceed further. but it is also happening that other monster rare/magic/normal get that “illness”. But 1 thing is for sure. I’ve never seen more than 1 invincible monster per map

My maximum was 4. I had 3 invincible ghosts following me around trying to kill me…

As much as I hate to say it, I suspect the common theme is ice element.

I have never had the bug when not using ice. Maybe it is from slowing too many mobs at once, or just the ice properties themselves.

Has anyone had the bug without having ice on MH or OH?

Evolution or Extinxtion

Ryim 99 Rogue
RyimScaith 81 Warrior
Rym 61 Wizard
Riym 58 Rogue

encountered these “ghost” monster too…
they’re a bother when using bows coz they stick to you and the arrow seeks them ignoring monsters which are alive…
encountered zombie monsters too…
its seems this happens when you kill a monster while the screen is lagging so much …when the lag subsides, the enemy dies but their sprite still moves…the melee ones isn’t a threat but the ranged ones can still damage you

[quote=“ryimscaith”]As much as I hate to say it, I suspect the common theme is ice element.

I have never had the bug when not using ice. Maybe it is from slowing too many mobs at once, or just the ice properties themselves.

Has anyone had the bug without having ice on MH or OH?

Evolution or Extinxtion

Ryim 99 Rogue
RyimScaith 81 Warrior
Rym 61 Wizard
Riym 58 Rogue[/quote]

@admins. is there anything players could do to help in resolving this? some clues? or would you mind to answer some “random” technical or mechanical questions?
really annoying thing… 3 times in a row is my favorite ))

Has anyone thought about our gear? Everyone runs sort of the same set affixes and bonuses.

[quote=“IDDQD”]@admins. is there anything players could do to help in resolving this? some clues? or would you mind to answer some “random” technical or mechanical questions?
really annoying thing… 3 times in a row is my favorite ))[/quote]

The most annoying part of this bug is that it is so hard to reproduce. If there was a definitive way to reproduce it, Steiger would have a fix for it.
All play testers are trying hard to give the dev team any help we can, but the bug is so damn random. Even offers of gifts, prizes and eternal gratitude have proven fruitless.
The best thing any player can do to help is find a way to reproduce it every time by following a set of steps. ie do A,B and C = frozen carto.

From your 3 times in a row, can you say exactly what you did at the time, what skill was used, the precise angle of your right pinky finger and the position of the Scorpio constellation to your exact location ? :wink:
At the moment there seems to be an infinite combination of factors that could possibly be the cause of the frozen cartographer, it could take some time figure this out.
All help is greatly appreciated.

For me personally, it has happened approximately 10 times in all the time I have played. The only contributing factor that is constant for me is ice element. But other players have reported it while using poison.
It has happened to me while using all 3 specs, and a variety of weapons/OH’s.

10 times? u serious? it happens 3 of 10 for me

Is Cartagrapher frozen in open area? He is more often frozen in narrow area or his back is close to wall in my cases.

30% is huge. You my friend could be the saviour of the frozen cartographer bug. You need to start cataloging everything each time it happens … Map type, characters used, items and affixs, skills used, anything and everything that could be a contributing factor. Once you can reproduce the bug 100%, let Steiger know and a fix will be in the very next patch.
Your name will for ever be known in folklore as the saviour of DQ, and you can bask in the glory of eternal gratitude from each and every player around the world.

[emoji23][emoji1] [emoji106]

i am not recording all of those but still trying to analize. nothing “fits”…

Mine are grouped together if I remember correctly, then I’ll go a while without any. I did get four out of six untargetable once.

Don’t mean to spam the thread, but I just now had a frozen, then an untargetable on two treasure maps back to back. This was a first for me.

Not to derail, but I think the following picture may be related to the topic on hand: i.imgur.com/UQvDd8w.jpg

If you didn’t notice, it is an example of a “regular” monster which is targetable (and targeted) by my hireling, yet the enemy does not exist. I only had this happen once, and I made a thread like a month or 2+ ago in android issues, but despite several views, I never did receive a reply.

Obviously, all of you are talking mainly about enemies “who cannot be attacked by normal means”; I think this one falls under that, albeit the only thing that’s a problem in my case is the fact my hireling will decide to target it and waste his hp :frowning:.

It was quite awhile ago, so not much I can do to help to reproduce. As far as I remember, the following things happened on the floor:

1. I met some kind of epic enemy besides the floor boss on the map and died.
  2. Floor was a normal floor (141)
  3. I respawned after dying.
  4. Soon afterwards, the vexing “ghost monster” appeared.
    5 . I may or may not have messed with my gear.

[quote=“Ircher”]

5 . I may or may not have messed with my gear.[/quote]

atm playing on Samsung Galaxy S4, Android latest vers., Wizard main character, Warrior - hireling, wiz skills - orb,pierce,teleport,skulldraga, sets - permafrost6,bloodmagic5,goldenveins5,ascendent5,cosmic power5, plagued5
in my point of view:
Frozen enemy can spawn with any affixes on the map/any rarity of the map - not a factor
can spawn with 0 player deaths and 1 or more player deaths - not a factor
can spawn when player has/hasnt a hireling - not a factor
can spawn before or after reaching max player level - same story…
well, in general my current thougs are concentrated on “AOE+Magnify+DOT+Elemcrit+ascendent?” <-- it looks like the answer is somewhere in here… i think more enemies a player triggers/hits with DOT and/or Elemcrit the bigger the chance to spawn a frozen carto. still need to find the solution but dont have much spare time to sort it out
another interesting thing - yesterday i managed to start dealing damage to him with ORB spell… wasnt sure what was actualy hitting him, it could have been one. at that point of time it looked to me like orb+ascendent(prismatic) were applying an elemcrit (not sure about the nature of it) and after that elemcrit i was able to deal 4-6 hits, still would took a lot of time, thats why i bought another map… as always
but now i know for sure there is a way to kill a frozen Carto with a special skill
admins could download my save and try to play it for couple of times… shall not take a lot of time. as i stated earlier my current char gets around 30% of bugged Cartos. ((
oh yeah… and the last thing…
can spawn without swapping any gear on char, can spawn even without opening inventory screen

So you have not experience the carto that is not moving at all? Coz that one can’t be killed, damage nor touch.

[quote=“IDDQD”][quote=“Ircher”]

5 . I may or may not have messed with my gear.[/quote]

atm playing on Samsung Galaxy S4, Android latest vers., Wizard main character, Warrior - hireling, wiz skills - orb,pierce,teleport,skulldraga, sets - permafrost6,bloodmagic5,goldenveins5,ascendent5,cosmic power5, plagued5
in my point of view:
Frozen enemy can spawn with any affixes on the map/any rarity of the map - not a factor
can spawn with 0 player deaths and 1 or more player deaths - not a factor
can spawn when player has/hasnt a hireling - not a factor
can spawn before or after reaching max player level - same story…
well, in general my current thougs are concentrated on “AOE+Magnify+DOT+Elemcrit+ascendent?” <-- it looks like the answer is somewhere in here… i think more enemies a player triggers/hits with DOT and/or Elemcrit the bigger the chance to spawn a frozen carto. still need to find the solution but dont have much spare time to sort it out
another interesting thing - yesterday i managed to start dealing damage to him with ORB spell… wasnt sure what was actualy hitting him, it could have been one. at that point of time it looked to me like orb+ascendent(prismatic) were applying an elemcrit (not sure about the nature of it) and after that elemcrit i was able to deal 4-6 hits, still would took a lot of time, thats why i bought another map… as always
but now i know for sure there is a way to kill a frozen Carto with a special skill
admins could download my save and try to play it for couple of times… shall not take a lot of time. as i stated earlier my current char gets around 30% of bugged Cartos. ((
oh yeah… and the last thing…
can spawn without swapping any gear on char, can spawn even without opening inventory screen[/quote]

AOE, magnify, ice were the same denominator for me when using a wiz, but the frozen carto also happen to me on a rogue bow although not that as many as when i use my wiz. :confused: