Help understanding Items

Hi!

Started playing Dungeon Quest this week and I’m loving it, but I could do with a little help with Items. Particularly item rarity, item affixes and how they relate.

1. Does the number of affixes affect rarity? I.e. does a Rare orb have more affixes than a regular magic orb? If so, are there any rules as to how many?

2. The affixes appear themselves to be ranked. I.e. different colours. I’m guessing certain items have certain “slots” for affixes - i.e. a legendary dagger has a certain number of rare affixes and a legendary affix - or have I got that completely wrong?

3. I tried to reroll some stats on an item (rare wand I think) using a diamond, but nothing happened at all. The item was way below my level - what should I expect from a diamond reroll of stats? It was a low level item (around ilvl 10) so maybe it’s just not powerful enough to bother with?

4. Lastly, why would I want to disenchant something? What does this do?

Cheers in advance! Like I said, loving the game - just hoping someone can clarify these things for me.

Cheers

Robbie

If you use #4 CS diamond to reroll all it only reroll your stats on the item not ilvl to increase ilvl of your item you need to use #10 CS Peridot :smile:

[quote=“meganub”]Hi!

Started playing Dungeon Quest this week and I’m loving it, but I could do with a little help with Items. Particularly item rarity, item affixes and how they relate.

1. Does the number of affixes affect rarity? I.e. does a Rare orb have more affixes than a regular magic orb? If so, are there any rules as to how many?
    [color=#FF0000]0-1 Affix’s = Grey colour, normal item
    2-3 Affix’s = Blue colour, Magic item
    4-5 Affix’s = Yellow colour, Rare item
    6 Affix’s = Orange colour, Epic item[/color]

2. The affixes appear themselves to be ranked. I.e. different colours. I’m guessing certain items have certain “slots” for affixes - i.e. a legendary dagger has a certain number of rare affixes and a legendary affix - or have I got that completely wrong?[color=#FF0000]
    Certain legendary items will have a constant Set Affix, others will have a Legendary Affix, and others will have random affix’s
    Green = Set Affix
    Red = Legendary Affix
    Orange = Epic Affix
    Yellow = Normal Affix
    Cyan = Crystal Affix
    Purple = Mythstone socketed Affix
    [/color]

3. I tried to reroll some stats on an item (rare wand I think) using a diamond, but nothing happened at all. The item was way below my level - what should I expect from a diamond reroll of stats? It was a low level item (around ilvl 10) so maybe it’s just not powerful enough to bother with?[color=#FF0000]
    Using a diamond will randomly roll all of the affix numbers, could roll higher, or you could roll lower.[/color]

4. Lastly, why would I want to disenchant something? What does this do?[color=#FF0000]
    Disenchanting an item, will remove a random number of affix’s, starting from the last affix on the item. Disenchanting an item using Quartz is too much of a gamble, it would be better to use Kyanite to remove an affix of your choice, or a Sapphire to change an affix of your choice.[/color]

Cheers in advance! Like I said, loving the game - just hoping someone can clarify these things for me.

Cheers

Robbie[/quote]

:wink:

WP jester

this is why i love this community.
people are willing to help unconditionally. kudos! :wink:

[quote=“andrielley”]this is why i love this community.
people are willing to help unconditionally. kudos! :wink:[/quote]

Nah, w’re asking for the bill at the end of the month, btw w’ve to talk about you! :laughing: :mrgreen:

:smiley::D:D

Thanks a bunch! Particularly Jester! That’s a great help :smile: