Help with the ricochet

Hey guys ive played all the weapons but with the ricochet i cant play i doesnt hit anything so maybe a tip to play withbit with gameplay or just a guide?
Thanks already

[quote=“Thaste”]Hey guys ive played all the weapons but with the ricochet i cant play i doesnt hit anything so maybe a tip to play withbit with gameplay or just a guide?
Thanks already[/quote]

Ricochet needs something to bounce off, either it be mobs or walls. There is no guide as such, you learn how each projectile reacts when it hits something, by just playing the game. Extra attack chance, and other multipliers work great with this skill.

Best thing you can do, is just play the game :open_mouth:

[quote=“JesteR”][quote=“Thaste”]Hey guys ive played all the weapons but with the ricochet i cant play i doesnt hit anything so maybe a tip to play withbit with gameplay or just a guide?
Thanks already[/quote]

Ricochet needs something to bounce off, either it be mobs or walls. There is no guide as such, you learn how each projectile reacts when it hits something, by just playing the game. Extra attack chance, and other multipliers work great with this skill.

Best thing you can do, is just play the game :open_mouth:[/quote]
Alrightbwill play 20 levels with the rico :wink:

When you have learnt how to use it, you can fire projectiles round 3 corners, and attack mobs that are behind walls. Awesome skill, its what made me fall in love with the rogue, when she first came to the game :wink:

Thanks jester do u dont have a gamepllaay of it?

Thanks jester do u dont have a gamepllaay of it?[/quote]

I think for me the gameplay of the flintlock(ricochet) is just aim and spray.

Pros:
Fast attacks.
Benefits from Multi Attack and EAC.
A bullet can bounce/travel through walls.
Average of 2 enemies hit per one bullet.
Ricochet and Scattershot can knockback.

Cons:
Sometimes do not hit when enemies are too close.
"Ricochet"ed bullets deal more damage(talent).
Bullet may not “ricochet” to other enemies.
Proc Affix dependent.

Note: This is my own POV of the flintlock and doesnt need to be taken seiously.

Pros:
Fast attacks.

Cons:
Proc Affix dependent.

Note: This is my own POV of the flintlock and doesnt need to be taken seiously.[/quote]

Also, I think +4 multi attack and +4 extra attack requires shotgunning in order to make all bullets hit… not sure if it’s a pro or a con but it is worth mentioning

@ocenyx,

Does the shotgunning reall work?

I never tried it because I would rather just point the gun and go rambo until theyre dead.

Maybe its a intermediate trick for Flintlock users where if it works, will deal burst of damage just like Warrior Hatchet. Beware though, some Bosses and other projectile mobs can do this too, special mentions are Carthographer and Malum.

Pros:
Fast attacks.

Cons:
Proc Affix dependent.

Note: This is my own POV of the flintlock and doesnt need to be taken seiously.[/quote]

How is it a con, when ricocheted bullets deal more damage ?
Also at same time, how is it a pro, that you can shoot through walls ? Shooting through walls does not give that added damage. I would rather bounce bullets off 3 walls than shoot through one :wink:

[quote=“JesteR”]
How is it a con, when ricocheted bullets deal more damage ?
Also at same time, how is it a pro, that you can shoot through walls ? Shooting through walls does not give that added damage. I would rather bounce bullets off 3 walls than shoot through one :wink:[/quote]

@JesteR, Yes you are right about your opinion.

But to me in my experiences and opinion using the Flintlock, those were my own opinion of pros/cons that I have faced.

Yes "Ricochet"ed bullets deal more damage but it is situational, if you are fighting against a lone enemy(Eg. A boss), it will never bounce to the same unit again, no bounce = no damage.

The part where bullets can pass through walls was my pros because in certain maps were aligned paralleled, you can get really close to the wall by facing it and start shooting bullets, it will pass through and strikes enemies in the other side. Yes it has no damage increase, but atleast the the other lane is free from enemies and free loots.

This post doesnt mean that I am right and you are wrong, we have our own ideas and experiences ingame. Im just clarifying why did i put those pros/and cons in the first place, to share my POV gameplay to help other Flintlock loving rogues out there :wink:

[quote=“lordknightstradmore”]@ocenyx,

Does the shotgunning reall work?

I never tried it because I would rather just point the gun and go rambo until theyre dead.

Maybe its a intermediate trick for Flintlock users where if it works, will deal burst of damage just like Warrior Hatchet. Beware though, some Bosses and other projectile mobs can do this too, special mentions are Carthographer and Malum.[/quote]

With +4 Multi and Extra Attack, shotgunning is the only way to make all flint bullets hit 100% because of the weird angle of the third and fourth Multi Attack… it is not really an intermediate trick as it just requires near point-blank shooting. It works particularly well against beefy epics and beyond.

You are right, ranged mobs can do it too… Malum, Summoners, Furies and bosses can certainly do this. With +enemy projectile, it’s gonna hurt a lot. Shotgunning is definitely risky unless the player has stunlocking abilities. Stagger and/or Ambush+Ensnaring talent is impressively superb in doing this.

Malum is the most annoying of them all. This lowly worm can’t even be stunned! :frowning:

[quote=“ocenyx”]
With +4 Multi and Extra Attack, shotgunning is the only way to make all flint bullets hit 100% because of the weird angle of the third and fourth Multi Attack.[/quote]

No, it’s not. You should read Pistoleer talent.

[quote=“lordknightstradmore”]
Yes "Ricochet"ed bullets deal more damage but it is situational, if you are fighting against a lone enemy(Eg. A boss), it will never bounce to the same unit again, no bounce = no damage.

The part where bullets can pass through walls was my pros because in certain maps were aligned paralleled, you can get really close to the wall by facing it and start shooting bullets, it will pass through and strikes enemies in the other side. Yes it has no damage increase, but atleast the the other lane is free from enemies and free loots.[/quote]

1. You are wrong it can bounce to the same unit again, just very very unlikely. Each bullet has a chance to bounce 1~4 times. Each time a bullet hits an enemy it has a small chance (increased by heroic skill) to bounce off it. This means you can hit the same enemy up to 3 times with the same bullet.

2. lower damage = more time wasted not getting loot.

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“lordknightstradmore”]

The part where bullets can pass through walls was my pros because in certain maps were aligned paralleled, you can get really close to the wall by facing it and start shooting bullets, it will pass through and strikes enemies in the other side. Yes it has no damage increase, but atleast the the other lane is free from enemies and free loots.[/quote]

1. You are wrong it can bounce to the same unit again, just very very unlikely. Each bullet has a chance to bounce 1~4 times. Each time a bullet hits an enemy it has a small chance (increased by heroic skill) to bounce off it. This means you can hit the same enemy up to 3 times with the same bullet.

2. lower damage = more time wasted not getting loot.[/quote]

1.)It can bounce? Really? But you said it yourself that it is very unlikely. Also, if were talking about hitting the same enemy multiple times with one projectile, then go with the bow.

2.)No, not that ;( I did this alot of times when my MH was a plunderbuss. This works for me in low level maps.

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“ocenyx”]
With +4 Multi and Extra Attack, shotgunning is the only way to make all flint bullets hit 100% because of the weird angle of the third and fourth Multi Attack.[/quote]

No, it’s not. You should read Pistoleer talent.[/quote]

Forgot to mention that I stated it with just a single target in mind. Wide and open fields also does not guarantee bouncing walls. Fire dungeons, for example. Not 100% reliable, but still very reliable.

You are right though, Pistoleer and Ricochet rank 20+ bounces a lot.

It is only unlikely when you are a noob. In the late game, Flintlocks are the best single target DPS weapon for Rogues. Bows do not shoot at 10 shots per second nor do they get inceased damage against single targets.

[quote=“ocenyx”]
Forgot to mention that I stated it with just a single target in mind. Wide and open fields also does not guarantee bouncing walls. Fire dungeons, for example. Not 100% reliable, but still very reliable. [/quote]

Single target does not matter again Flintlocks are the best single target weapon Rogues have access to. Bullets have near unlimited travel distance and all maps have walls including the fire dungeon with pits (you can clear a fire map of all crates without even moving if you want to test this out). The only thing these maps do is delay the frequency of the hits due to more travel time. Luckily leveling up Ricochet inceases projectile speed by a lot.

It is only unlikely when you are a noob. In the late game, Flintlocks are the best single target DPS weapon for Rogues. Bows do not shoot at 10 shots per second nor do they get inceased damage against single targets.

[quote=“ocenyx”]
Forgot to mention that I stated it with just a single target in mind. Wide and open fields also does not guarantee bouncing walls. Fire dungeons, for example. Not 100% reliable, but still very reliable. [/quote]

Single target does not matter again Flintlocks are the best single target weapon Rogues have access to. Bullets have near unlimited travel distance and all maps have walls including the fire dungeon with pits (you can clear a fire map of all crates without even moving if you want to test this out). The only thing these maps do is delay the frequency of the hits due to more travel time. Luckily leveling up Ricochet inceases projectile speed by a lot.[/quote]

It amazes me how knowledge-able you are at Rogue @Unities, I really enjoyed reading your post with @ocenyx.

I kinda faked half of those pros and cons because I knew that someone better than me will stand up and tell me that I am wrong and will further “spill the beans” about other things that I dont know yet and I must say, its like you where the one who coded the class. xD

Thank you @Unities. Just keep talkin- err, posting some rogue related things I may not know yet :smiley:

sorry for reviving this topic but i have a question, in the battle arena it seems like my ricochet can’t auto-targeting my enemy so i have to do it manually. is that suppose to be like that or is it a bug?

Suppose to be like that. The initial shot from a bow won’t auto aim either. Guided shot will however.