How I farm gold (advice welcome)

Was having a rough time figuring out how to farm gold faster, this method has been decent but could likely be improved on.

Got gold find to 650 by hitting ep8 floor 101+, and Fortune skill 20 plus GF affix on all gear. I have ID to 200 (gear + Fortune), and luck 650.
I use my best character as hireling so I don’t have to worry about him dying (he keeps himself alive). I haven’t gotten GF/ID/luck on him, but I know some can be contributed from hireling.
This way I can keep the weaker character out of fights and collect drops. Also allows me to use Pick Up Radius, and i have built up defense and health. I keep my eyes open for better GF gear as I go but essentially the collector is worthless for killing anything. Seems to be working decently as now i can earn 5 mil in hours instead of days.

I’m assuming the quality of drop doesn’t depend on whether the hireling kills or I do, as well as If the hireling does the killing my 650% gold find still affects the amount that drops.

Does average gold dropped increase significantly in post floor 200? I do find it higher on floor 200 than 101, but am finding clearing a floor quicker can net more gold in the same time. Unless gold dropped increases a lot past floor 200 it may not be worth farming since I will have to buy the odd map for fall-back insurance or to get past sky fall and tnt props.

I welcome advice and tips.

Some guy told me sometime ago about packsize maps. You can try your luck by using larimars on a map. Takes a bit of luck though. Since you already have GF and ID maxed, that’s all you need.

You can look for the “Gold Chain” thread. The guys there are crazy! Record so far is 2.6M for a single map.

you can net better gold drops with higher floors with certain map affixes but you need larimar for that.

[quote=“Stryder”]Was having a rough time figuring out how to farm gold faster, this method has been decent but could likely be improved on.

Got gold find to 650 by hitting ep8 floor 101+, and Fortune skill 20 plus GF affix on all gear. I have ID to 200 (gear + Fortune), and luck 650.
I use my best character as hireling so I don’t have to worry about him dying (he keeps himself alive). I haven’t gotten GF/ID/luck on him, but I know some can be contributed from hireling.
This way I can keep the weaker character out of fights and collect drops. Also allows me to use Pick Up Radius, and i have built up defense and health. I keep my eyes open for better GF gear as I go but essentially the collector is worthless for killing anything. Seems to be working decently as now i can earn 5 mil in hours instead of days.

I’m assuming the quality of drop doesn’t depend on whether the hireling kills or I do, as well as If the hireling does the killing my 650% gold find still affects the amount that drops.

Does average gold dropped increase significantly in post floor 200? I do find it higher on floor 200 than 101, but am finding clearing a floor quicker can net more gold in the same time. Unless gold dropped increases a lot past floor 200 it may not be worth farming since I will have to buy the odd map for fall-back insurance or to get past sky fall and tnt props.

I welcome advice and tips.[/quote]

Why EP8 ?

If your going for gold per map, regardless of time to complete map, then yes, EP will benefit you, but average gold over time the high EP will hinder you.

I farm Mythic 3 floor 105 usually. Tried a few on 200 and it was slower. But i get through 105 mythic 3 only a little slower than lower skill lvls. My 650 GF is added up from around 250 on gear + Fortune + difficulty bonus. If I was having a hard time with mythic 3 I’d go lower.

Like I said I use my best character as hireling because he can wreck crowds and survive fine, leaving me to control the weaker character that’s loaded up with luck GF and other useful looting affixes. On a side note I levelled a new character to 99 in about a day of play this way, which is how I think I’ll level up all future characters.

Oh! And thanks for the info on Larimer! I’ve gotten a few maps loaded with pack size since (blown 100+ Larimar for them). There’s tons of creatures! Use diamond to roll the map for higher stats on the affixes since it can roll low at first.
I’ve gotten about 800k+ each map (ep8 floor 105), but it lags my phone down big time and could probably farm without the Larimer trick faster. Might try it with my wizard later to see if i get through faster

You may also want to pick a more cc and aoe-oriented build for your damager… that lag usually happens when the critters do not die fast enough :laughing:

Been there, done that

He’s a warrior with hammer and taunt. He pulls the crowds in and kills groups. As I said, I do plan on trying it with my wizard later

Update:

I’ve been finding it better to farm 196-200 on normal/epic since the map progression goes faster. The time per map difference between this and mythic 3 seems not worth the 40k or so more gold I’ll get. Also, I choose 196+ because my build is more cold damage and those floor are fire so my damage is "effective " (+50%) and I believe I’m getting a little more gold than floor 101 up.

[quote=“Stryder”]Update:

I’ve been finding it better to farm 196-200 on normal/epic since the map progression goes faster. The time per map difference between this and mythic 3 seems not worth the 40k or so more gold I’ll get. Also, I choose 196+ because my build is more cold damage and those floor are fire so my damage is "effective " (+50%) and I believe I’m getting a little more gold than floor 101 up.[/quote]

You should do 200+ so you can access Defiant and Nadroji Robe/Crown.

I can say my gold farming rate is decent at guaranteed 700k+/map but I want to up the pace by a notch (Who doesn’t? :laughing:)

Anyway, for me it goes like this:

•Start at 101 ep8
•Buy three maps (75k investment)
•Larimar all of them for pack size. If not lucky go back to step 2
•Use diamonds for 170%+ pack size roll
•Sell maps with no pack size
•Open map, kill stuff, collect gold
•Go back to step 1

I tried to do this on floor 200+ but the investment is too steep at 150k per three maps, and the income increase is negligible (if any at all). On what floors to farm guaranteed 2m per map? Are those possible to grab regularly?

wat is pack size though??? Sorry im a newbie :smile:)

You can use Larimer crystals on any map with room for more affixes, and if really lucky you’ll get the affix “pack size” which increases the number of monsters in that map, thus more drops.