How important is +weapon dmg in arena?

Like, is the difference huge between 5k or 10k(from eternal item)?

I’m thinking mostly arena here. Specifically thinking of making some sort of blink striker, but wanna know if eternal weapon is important or not.

Would the extra weapon dmg from eternal weapon be about the same as an ED affix, or is there a big difference here?

Build depending, yes. If you are a blinker, then WD is good. WD+ effectiveness depends on WD%, as well.

Eternal Legends are strong and some are important but necessarily mandatory to use when in B.Arena.

Some dont use them mainly because they have affixes that have minor to no use in the Arena.

One revered Eternal Legends is the Eternal Obsidian Dagger for Rogue.

Do you know more specific how big the difference is?
IF in arena a character has 7x1000 Ed and 4x25%ED(so basically 14000 ED). How much more dmg would an eternal weapon with lets say 1400 more weapon dmg make?

Is the dmg difference very small here, like 10%, because I make up for it will all the ED, or is it high like 50% or something. Sorry I don’t understand dmg formula very well.

Lol, actually just found an eternal scoundrels sword with 9900Wd and 192%wd, so I guess I’ll just try with that. They seem to be flying around as I saw someone here already getting 2

Do it yourself. :smile:
The formula for calculating damage is:
((((BWD*(1+WD%)(1+WIQ)) + WD)(1+ED%))))+ED)/ASd
BWD = Base Weapon Damage - whatever the average damage of a weapon is at a given
level with NO other modifiers (and at 0 WIQ)
WD% = Weapon Damage % affix on weapon – added if multiple (IE affix + mythstone)
ED% = Elemental Damage % across all gear IF weapon is that element – if from
multiple sources
ED = Flat Elemental Damage across all gear
WD = Flat Weapon Damage on weapon
WIQ = Weapon’s Item Quality

2 Likes

Mm, thanks :slight_smile: The thing is, it confuses me and I would have to ask another 4826 question to be sure I do it correctly. Or just watch someone do it in practice.

If I read it correctly, flat ED doesn’t multiply with anything, not even %Ed :open_mouth: intresting…
Edit: actually, there’s probably something with the brackets that I don’t understand, but whatever, I will just use whatever seem to work.

Anyway, thanks again. I guess people who are capable and bothers to do it should get some sort of reward for it :wink: And I understand it may be annoying with people asking for it on a silver platter. Sorry.

/close thread

It’s fine. You’ll have to stop asking sometime, though.

what skaul said about WD+ effectiveness depending on WD% is wrong. if you base it on the formula, WD doesn’t get multiplied by WD% at all.

on further inspection of the formula, WD gets multiplied by 1+ED%, while ED doesn’t. this means that as long as you have at least 1 ED% affix on your gear, WD will have greater effect on your damage. if you have no ED% affix on any gear, WD and ED will have the same impact on your total DPS.

it is easier to simplify the formula if you substitute variables.
let A = BWD
let B = 1+WD%
let C = 1+WIQ

(({[BWD * (1+WD%) * (1+WIQ)] + WD} * (1 + ED%)) + ED)*AS

(({ABC + WD} * (1 + ED%)) + ED)*AS

example #1:
you don’t have any ED%, have 5000 WD, don’t have 5000 ED

(({ABC + 5000} * (1 + 0)) +0)*AS
= (({ABC + 5000} * 1 ) +0)*AS
= ({ABC + 5000} +0)*AS
= {ABC + 5000}*AS

example #2:
remove WD and add 5000 ED from example #1
(({ABC + 0} * (1 + 0)) +5000)*AS
= (({ABC} * 1 ) +5000)/*AS
= ({ABC} +5000)*AS

example #1 and #2 gives the same result

example #3:
you have 100 ED%, have 5000 WD, don’t have 5000 ED
(({ABC + 5000} * (1 +100%)) + 0)*AS
= (({ABC + 5000} * 2) + 0)*AS
= (2ABC + 10000)*AS

example #4:
remove WD and add 5000 ED from example #3
(({ABC + 0} * (1 +100%)) + 5000)*AS
= (({ABC} * 2) + 5000)*AS
= (2ABC + 5000)*AS

if you have ED%, replace ED with WD on your weapon.

example #5
you have 100 ED%, have 5000 WD, have 5000 ED
(({ABC + 5000} * (1 +100%)) + 5000)*AS
= (({ABC + 5000} * 2) + 5000)*AS
= ((2ABC + 10000) + 5000)*AS
= (2ABC + 15000)*AS

example #6
you have 200 ED%, have 5000 WD, have 5000 ED
(({ABC + 5000} * (1 +200%)) + 5000)*AS
= (({ABC + 5000} * 3) + 5000)*AS
= ((3ABC + 15000) + 5000)*AS
= (3ABC + 20000)*AS

raising your ED% increases WD’s value over ED.

going back to your question:
“Would the extra weapon dmg from eternal weapon be about the same as an ED affix, or is there a big difference here?”
the exact difference in DPS is hard to say as it would depend on ED% and your AS(which will multiply the difference). what i can say is this:
if you don’t have any ED%, a 1000 WD affix will be equivalent to 1000ED = same
if you have 100ED%, a 1000WD affix will be equivalent to 2000ED, you’ll need 2 ED affixes to get the same effect as one WD affix
if you have 200ED%, a 1000WD affix will be equivalent to 3000ED, 3 ED affixes

1 Like

Wow, thank you very much, ilidan!!! Very good explanation, even stupid me understand it now :smiley:

i forgot to say this:
an eternal weapon will have 50% item quality, a non-eternal can potentially only have as much as 25%. you also have to take that in consideration since WIQ is in the innermost of the DPS formula. it’s essentially a 20% increase in damage just from item quality.