How to check which item is better DPS wise?

I was trying to use the search bar for this but only older posts or different posts suggesting different things. I have 3 questions:

1. How do I check as a newbie which item is better than the other?
    a) Do I use the “Stats” bar and swipe till I reach for example “Offense: Ricochet” (if I am a Rogue and use guns) to check my Ricochet dmg? And the “Offense: Vial” is only the DPS for my offhand if I use its skills?
    b) Or do I just check the bars in the bottom left when I check an item out in my bags?

2. Should I just rush Dungeon Level 100 on easy and then level my Character to level 99? Or just level each Dungeon Level on for example Mythic 1?

3. Which Element is weak to which? Fire > Ice, Ice > Poison, Poison > Fire, Shock > Poison?

1. Bars are a good all-round indicator, but check affixes when you get more adjusted to the game
  2. Depends
  3. Poison & Shoch; Fire & Ice; They act as opposites, so Fire strong to Ice and Ice strong to fire.
1 Like
  1. See above
  2. I’d recommend getting to floor 101 asap on any skill level you can handle quickly. Reason for this is you will be able to find level 100 items and most of the available item types, some items only drop on higher floors. As for your character I’d say get him to level 50 quickly because you can wear items up to twice your level. IE: a level 49 character can equip up to level 98 items, lvl 50 -> lvl 100 items.
  3. See above.
1 Like

Ok, thanks for the replies! I will try to to Dungeon Level 100 asap.
I still have a lot of trouble finding out which items (especially main/off hand weapons) are better. So I should just ignore the “Stats page” and focus on the bars in the bottom left (for now) when checking items in the bag?

[quote=“waso”]
I still have a lot of trouble finding out which items (especially main/off hand weapons) are better. So I should just ignore the “Stats page” and focus on the bars in the bottom left (for now) when checking items in the bag?[/quote]

No. The Bar is actually the WORST thing to rely on. Read what the skills do and strictly use the stats page. Coatweapon for example deals no damage. But using it before attacking will greatly improve your DPS which is not shown in any in game calculation.