Hunter ring work from backpack

Eho calm down, otherwise i’ll … i’ll… STEIGER please come! they are out of control!!! :dieter:

1 Like

Just going to quickly add to this fun thread…

Hunter, of course, fits in a group of treasure seeking affixes like:
Item Quantity
Pick Up Radius
Luck
Gold Find
Fortune ( beyond hero skill )
Special Sets like Crystalline, Eternalized, Mythical

It’s always been our philosophy that it’s okay for players to gear for different roles.

Of course we’re able to increase luck and gold find through Difficulty, but the others still need to be on your gear.

That said, we might give ways in the future to increase the other bonuses through other means or perks, but not likely from just having it in your backpack.

1 Like

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Just going to quickly add to this fun thread…

Hunter, of course, fits in a group of treasure seeking affixes like:
Item Quantity
Pick Up Radius
Luck
Gold Find
Fortune ( beyond hero skill )
Special Sets like Crystalline, Eternalized, Mythical

It’s always been our philosophy that it’s okay for players to gear for different roles.

Of course we’re able to increase luck and gold find through Difficulty, but the others still need to be on your gear.

That said, we might give ways in the future to increase the other bonuses through other means or perks, but not likely from just having it in your backpack.[/quote]

thanks for the reply Steiger! What your saying makes sense, I understand having farming builds and non farming builds. The problem with hunter ring as opposed to the other stats is that you can switch it on to activate a shrine and switch it off to have your good stats back. With the other stats you have to keep them on your build to reap the rewards, you have to make that choice between farming power and killing power. Which is why I dislike the hunter ring in it’s current form. Perhaps if you couldn’t switch the hunter ring on and off then it would make more sense in the game because then you would have to make the choice which you are pointing out. And no, i’m not saying that it should be stuck on your character forever, I just mean the benefit of it wouldn’t work if you switch it off (i’m not sure how this would work lol)

Sorry guys. As somebody who works with UX teams (user experience), I see the logic here. This guy is right, having to change rings for just a second is bad experience, because:

-takes the user out from your flow, and even worse, is a direct invitation to disengage from your app. You do not want the users to be continuously pausing the app, because they might not come back.
-the user can (and the very existence of the topic is prove of that) feel the experience is not as smooth as it can be, and the action could be solved in a more clear way.
-the user might be confused about the action itself and the reasons behind it.
-a bad resolved action makes the user feels the app is responsible for the failures, not him. And in game development a rule is “the user must feel the failure is his, so he tries again. If he feels that the failure is from the game, he won’t retry”.

That said, you have reason too. An arpg is not meant to be easy, but that must be about game objectives, not game mechanics; here we have a broken mechanic, because it could be solved in a better way, and the current way does not fit completely. The hunter ring should neither not work from the backpack, or have to be continuously switched on and off. It should not be an equipment, but something else, because its effects does not fit the equipment criteria, to provide an always active modification to the toon. It affects the environment, and briefly. So, it must a hunter talisman, or scroll, or something like that, because it fits better the criteria of a permanent map affix.

Sent from my LenovoA3300-GV using Tapatalk

The plebians are rioting! Ceasar we need you!

1 Like

I feel ya

We have another update after the Battle Arena patch that will include a sort of perk system, and I’m thinking we can use it to help alleviate some of these tedious mechanics :smile:

More to come on that soonish…

1 Like

[quote=“Ircher”]
Unfortunately, as inconvient the Hunter Ring is, having it work from the backpack is spoonfeeding. At the very most, I’d be okay with the Hunter Ring working if either of your characters have it equipped. That could be a reasonable compromise as I still lose atleast one slot to the Hunter Mythic, but I also don’t have to switch it out as much (hireling => less-equipped[/quote]
And about this suggestion?

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“Ircher”]
Unfortunately, as inconvient the Hunter Ring is, having it work from the backpack is spoonfeeding. At the very most, I’d be okay with the Hunter Ring working if either of your characters have it equipped. That could be a reasonable compromise as I still lose atleast one slot to the Hunter Mythic, but I also don’t have to switch it out as much (hireling => less-equipped[/quote]
And about this suggestion?[/quote]

That’s a good suggestion as well.

There’s been a bit of confusion too about which effects like Crystalline, Eternalized, etc, work with which character. Streamlining this in the future would be a pretty good idea.

Well for me, if you want an affix, u’ve to equip the item, you can’t have everything, that’s the basics of any rpg :dieter:

Specially if you can bring a hireling and have all his effects, like hunter ring and ID, and it seems that we get them even if he is dead…

The ID bonus on hireling could be rechecked also if you get it while the hireling is dead.