I haven't gotten an obsidian since 1.8 came out

But I have beryl and nadrojis by the bunches.

Guess that equals it out?

[quote=“bradoplata”]But I have beryl and nadrojis by the bunches.

Guess that equals it out?[/quote]

Just play hundreds of floors to get all the crystals and btw you can buy crystaal/mythstone in the shop and after new floor you can buy them again

Sorry, was attempting to be rhetorical.

I think you mean sarcastic. :smile:

Rhetorical sarcasm ? Oxymorons :wink:

Ohhhn. :blush:

Lol

Actually, not sarcastic. It doesn’t bother me any more that I can’t make badass gear with impunity.

I can do more creatively with the lesser gear, I just can’t make anything powerful enough for high floors.

Also, fortunately, I saved all of my myth stones from 1.7 so I’ve got a bunch of the high level ones that I’m having fun with now.

I think its still “easy” enough to get an obsidian if you really want to. Just stack gold find until capped, run around until you make 5.5M which should only be 10 maps or so and then run straight to ends of maps to reset merchant over and over until you get the ultra rare purchase. You should be able to buy or make one every other day or so even at only a few hrs a day. Profit. :smiley:

+1 for a great post :smile:

Here, just got one from the Merchant :smiley:

imgur.com/Jqs7dt9

Man, I just spent the last hour or so converting about 7k stones for around 64 feats.

No obsidians or amethyst.

I think the most common reward to me by finishing Converting cs feat in 1.8 is Amber.
The best common unknown Ultra rare cs bought from Merchant to me is Garnet
The best common cs drops to me are Garnet and Jasper

I got a lot of rubies and jaspers during that blast.

[quote=“CentraBPM”]Here, just got one from the Merchant :smiley:

imgur.com/Jqs7dt9[/quote]

I’m less interested in your obsidian and more interested in that ring! Nice one.

I’m actually doing this, but for whatever reason I’m almost always getting the “picture” crystal (Jasper). WYSIWYG, what you see is what you get?! That’s strange.

On topic, I got an obsidian from wherever, but forgot which mob dropped it. It’s just a piece. I already added it to this badass flintlock you see here. Could be better, but I saved a few affix slots for something else.

I got one from the merchant for 5.4 mil gold. Wish you could just buy one for 10 or 20 mil gold though.

…or at least edit the Get Crystals feat to drop a guaranteed random piece of crystal #17 to #20 instead of 20-30 pieces of useless crystals

…or at least edit the Get Crystals feat to drop a guaranteed random piece of crystal #17 to #20 instead of 20-30 pieces of useless crystals[/quote]

Is it not the Use Crystal feat that grants high level crystal?

Its not that theyre giving you guys useless crystals or anything, its just a balance because getting end game item at a fast will make the game less interesting because when you got your dream end game set, whats next?

And besides, even some of the low level crystals like diamond and sapphire are more valuable and useful than jasper and Amber in the end game.

…or at least edit the Get Crystals feat to drop a guaranteed random piece of crystal #17 to #20 instead of 20-30 pieces of useless crystals[/quote]

Is it not the Use Crystal feat that grants high level crystal?

Its not that theyre giving you guys useless crystals or anything, its just a balance because getting end game item at a fast will make the game less interesting because when you got your dream end game set, whats next?

And besides, even some of the low level crystals like diamond and sapphire are more valuable and useful than jasper and Amber in the end game.[/quote]

It is indeed use crystal feat which gives the high end crystals, but it starts with #14… that’s what I remember from my experience. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

It’s agreeable that +2 stack feat is definitely broken but even if it’s 1500 crystals to get 17-20 for balancing, it’s much acceptable, along with the use crystal feat. That will definitely take a long time to get :smiley:

20-30 crystals is something everyone can get in 3-4 dungeons with max ID and gamble vendor…

Anyhow, that was just something that crossed my mind. More of an accessibility chances in between 1.7 and 1.8.

As a strictly 1.8 player, 1.7 players seem totally spoiled. I was able to farm good gear and make myself unkillable without the 1.7 imba feat. My build is so OP that Steiger personnally nerfed it to the ground. :frowning:

The high Crystal Item drop rate in 1.8 more than makes up for the harder to access Obsidians. I have quite a few Crystal legends, more than enough to experiment with. I am more worried about getting the mid range crystals as I use those more. Diamonds and Sapphires are especially in demand. When creating a “perfect item”, you only use a few high end crystals since you are given multiple choices. But hundreds of not thousands of sapphires (I hate my luck) and thousands of Diamonds (I don’t even max out my item stats :frowning:) are needed. Overall, I complete the crystal feat at least thrice from just Saphires and Diamonds when I create my custom items…