I know you guys care <3

Since this is really the only game that I’ve played where the developers care about the feedback of the customers I would like to suggest a few things that I would love to see implemented in the upcoming patches.

1. Colorblind mode. I have such a hard time telling the difference between epic and rare especially. If no colorblind mode then I was thinking of something like some sort of mark to let colorblind people know what item is what quickly. (Something like stripes, or stars in the picture box when the inventory is open.)
  1. Countdown timer. Since I know this will not be an “online game” (and I’m super fine with that) what about a countdown after you exit the pause menu or inventory menu. A real quick: 3,2,1 then the action resumes would be helpful. I can’t tell you how many times I check out a new legendary item in my bag only to return back to the game and get insta killed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions.

<3 MuffinTop

[quote=“MuffinTop”]Since this is really the only game that I’ve played where the developers care about the feedback of the customers I would like to suggest a few things that I would love to see implemented in the upcoming patches.

1. Colorblind mode. I have such a hard time telling the difference between epic and rare especially. If no colorblind mode then I was thinking of something like some sort of mark to let colorblind people know what item is what quickly. (Something like stripes, or stars in the picture box when the inventory is open.)
  1. Countdown timer. Since I know this will not be an “online game” (and I’m super fine with that) what about a countdown after you exit the pause menu or inventory menu. A real quick: 3,2,1 then the action resumes would be helpful. I can’t tell you how many times I check out a new legendary item in my bag only to return back to the game and get insta killed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions.

<3 MuffinTop[/quote]

Hey MuffinTop, thanks for your suggestions!

I’m actually not too experienced with developing with Colorblindness in mind, so I’m definitely curious what more we could do to help.

With viewing the inventory, symbology is tough since it would need to be a small icon with enough variation to show the difference between all our 5 rarities ( soon to be 7 ), but I’m sure it could be done.

Is there any sort of color progression that works better?

Also, are there any other parts that are difficult? I’m sure loot on the ground would be another area that’s tough.

Thanks for any insight!

Thank you for the response.

So your questions had me thinking and struggling to come up with an answer. I found a blog from a gaming developer who tackled this exact issue: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1128/inside-the-box-adding-a-colorblind-mode-to-borderlands-2

It gives a lot of information, however toward the end of the blog it has the color transformation (daltonization! Learning is awesome!) to make it so color blind people can differentiate the colors. The blog also has website links that you can upload an image and it will return what it looks like after being daltonized.

I appreciate your interest in my suggestion. :smiley:

[quote=“SteigerBox”]
Is there any sort of color progression that works better?

Also, are there any other parts that are difficult? I’m sure loot on the ground would be another area that’s tough.

Thanks for any insight![/quote]

I’m colorblind as well, mainly yellow/green and blue/purple are my bad areas. But the bigger a variance you can put on the RGB scale, the easier it is for us to see the difference.

So…
R 200… R 175
G 175… G 200
B 000… B 000

Is a LOT harder for us to distinguish than say
R 225… R 150
G 150… G 225
B 000… B 000

Basically keep your saturations of RGB each as separately from each other as possible.

Okay, so I put a little time into this. It’s a bit hard cause I’m not quite sure if my photoshop CUD simulators are accurate, so perhaps you guys might be able to help with getting the colors better.

Here’s a chart I made with our original colors, and my attempt at making two color blind friendly modes.

I also uploaded the PSD here, if you guys want to make edits for versions that are more readable for you:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VgktHTcJaeaXBtc09kZ0tqNHc/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know what ya’ll think and how I can improve it, and I’ll get this option in the game :smile:

Those colors for deuteranopia are much better! No more confusing rare and epic items! :wink:

Mh… Even for me, as a person being non-colorblind, its hard to distinguish epic and legendary.
And btw mythic looks like magic?

[quote=“shutnic”]Mh… Even for me, as a person being non-colorblind, its hard to distinguish epic and legendary.
And btw mythic looks like magic?[/quote]

That’s weird, this “mythic” color isn’t really the same than I saw … it’s supposed to be lighter than this dark violet!

I would suggest keeping it this dark though

I really like the new colors for the colorblind mode. Everything is extremely easy to differentiate. I really appreciate your time and attention to my suggestion. :smiley:

Fantastic! Will get this as an option for Patch 1.6.1. Hopefully it translates well to how we tint items in the Inventory!

Something else I was thinking of that goes hand-in-hand with this is the map color on ice maps is almost impossible for me to see. How about an option to change the color of the map- or am I getting greedy now? :smile:

Muffin: Just change High Fx to Low Fx in the options menu. This will help :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

[quote=“CentraBPM”]Muffin: Just change High Fx to Low Fx in the options menu. This will help :smile:

Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99[/quote]

[emoji106]

I do that too for ice floors…[emoji6]

I know mate hehe :smiley:

[quote=“CentraBPM”]I know mate hehe :smiley:

It’s been a while mate… I have a good news… found this one…

It compliments with my ‘trickster’ set of my Rogue because of the deception talent… hopefully I could fine one for my Warrior class and it’s better if the talent is assault…hehehe…

[quote=“CentraBPM”]Muffin: Just change High Fx to Low Fx in the options menu. This will help :smile:

Thank you so much!

[emoji106]

Gratz aSar!

I’ll be more active again on the forum :smile: