Ignore Resist - Cancelling Element Bonus?

Is ignore resist supposed to negate the damage bonus you would normally get for your element against the element weak to it? When using a Wildhide and an Ice enchanted weapon, I am no longer seeing “Effective” popups on fire enemies and from what I can see of the damage numbers they look to not be increased like they would normally be against fire monsters.

If this is intended, I’ll explain why I dont think it should be like that, but I figure it’s best to ask if it’s supposed to work like that first!

Ignore resist did not work for me either. I tried it and it still said RESISTED when I attacked them.

[quote=“Zierham”]Is ignore resist supposed to negate the damage bonus you would normally get for your element against the element weak to it? When using a Wildhide and an Ice enchanted weapon, I am no longer seeing “Effective” popups on fire enemies and from what I can see of the damage numbers they look to not be increased like they would normally be against fire monsters.

If this is intended, I’ll explain why I dont think it should be like that, but I figure it’s best to ask if it’s supposed to work like that first![/quote]

Indeed