I'm newbie and i need help please

I’m using wizard as my character (lv 36, floor 45, enemy power level 3 since begining ). and i have some problems and questions , such as :
weapon : using “very fast dagger” & teleport or somehow im using “meteor” & teleport

1.I can’t continue hunting because of limited power ( hard to kill those monsters :’( , even im using the correct element , i’ve low hp and low MP :frowning: )
2.How can i improve my character ??? what should i have as the options of my equipments ? is it HP leech or MP leech ? or what else ?
3.When I must using luck gear to hunting for legend equipments ?
4.What level of enemy power should I go every floor ?
5.Can you guys please explain a lil bit about “talent” ?? How to get it and how to use it ??

I ask about those questions because I can’t find any guide about those all…

any suggestion and answers will be very helpful…

Thanks

Regards,
Gon

Hi Gon,

I feel your pain, starting as a wizard can be hard and slow. Here's my two cents:

2. Settle on a good mainhand weapon. Your first priority. I think sword and staff are better picks at low levels because of their AoE that doesn't diminish.

Once decided, make sure the sword you choose to stick with has %damage on it - this is the most important modifier on a weapon in 1.3.2.

The rest of your gear should give you a good spread of damage stats and tankiness (think HP /crit chance / crit damage). To achieve this, its very important that you use a good find and begin enchanting.

Enchanting is very worth it - it adds stats to already good items. Once you have a good item with +HP, for example, add on more stats so you can keep it and maybe get some damage modifiers as well. More importantly, the ‘reroll button’ allows you to ‘level up’ those gears you have already enchanted.

It’s actually a better idea to go with lower Enemy Power (2 mayne) until you get lucky with drops…don’t worry about luck right now - your focus should be on levelling up and clearing floors.

Use an offhand that suits you to help keep you alive. I find the Tome and Orb to be useful in these cases. (If you have a Tome and a Legion hat, you can have an army of about 5-20 minions, and you can sacrifice them to heal yourself.)

Finally on talents, go to the character screen, stats page, then click the third tab. This page shows you what talents you currently have and their rank (and respective effect, for that rank). Those greyed out are talents you do NOT have.

Now as for where to get them, one main source is from your armor - each piece of armor has that little wording beneath its name that says what talent it gives. The max is 19 (will be 20 soon) - and the higher the level of the armor, the more talent points it gives.

Talents can also be a stat, though this is very rare! For example, an item could have +2 Magnify and that would increase my AoE by a little bit. If I had a ring that already gave 6 Magnify, I would have 8 Magnify in total now.

There are also enchants that go +x All Spiritmancer, for example. These add x to all ‘unlocked’ talents in the Spiritmancer tree (the best way to figure it all out is to scroll around the talents page.)

So to sum up, pick a good weapon, upgrade that, and talents and armor to support your damage output.

Keep the questions coming!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

… as for HP and MP leech, these aren’t really that effective till later. Keep an eye out for MP and HP regen instead, and just keep farming till your first… BLOOD MAGIC item! :smiley: this’ll take care of most resource shortages for a while.

Oh…Thanks a lot for u reply dude…
i’ll post my questions again later…

really thanks u a lot…

u have “line”? so i can ask u something in urgent :smile:

Hmm, the line’s linked to my personal mobile number, so I’d rather not! Why not pm me through these forums?

it’s okay… i’ll just post here… i’ll try to do what u suggest first… thanks anyway

Dear anybody

I got some problems when playing this game…
im playing Wizard (level 75 , and floor 120 something)

i’ve a good staff (i think) which let me have around 19K DPS…
but, i’ve some problem regarding to my armors…
i dont have any nice armor since what i have only armor that aroud HP 6k…
i cant get any better… and i’d try to enchant low level armor till get a good stat , i spent my 1million for “nothing” :frowning:

question :

1. how can i get a better gear ?? just keep leveling n farming on higher floor ?
  2. when i get a “yellow stat” , is it possible to reroll it till become orange ?

thanks 4 info

1. The higher the floor you reach the better gear you can find AND make with reroll on the enchant screen. So if you reach floor 50 for example you can take a level 20 item and “reroll” it’s stats to be those of a level 50 item.
  2. You can enchant an item to have a legendary “orange” affix. If your item is maxed out you can use the remove enchant feature to take away a random number of affixes then enchant the item again to have a chance of creating legendary affix.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

what i used to do was
, i farmed floor 99 and 100 for quite a time, if doing so get an ice weapon and fire resist armor… u should get some decent drops after a time doing this… aim to get at least a “blood mage” legendary item… with this, u can aim on getting much hp and forget about mana… (with at least 1 blood mage item, all affixes regarding mana will get converted to hp and will count as hp… for example mana Reg. -> counts as hp reg. and +4000 mana -> +4000 hp)… if you have an blood mage item equipped and you want to play this way, don’t forget to get hp/mana leech as well as + XXXX Mana / + XXXX HP

don’t try to enchant yet… focus on getting a decent gear from drops… enchant after you got (piles of) money and your gear is good enough to farm…

play on a low monster power…

it’s not possible to get an epic affix from an yellow affix… but what you can do is disenchanting stats on a weapon and then reroll until you get that desired epic affix… but it is not worth in your current situation, it can cost you a fortune…

my suggestion: get an ice weapon and fire resist armor… do floor 99-100 or higher, I recommend you to do the “inferno, fire” dungeon on a monster power that suits you (better too low than too high) … u should level up fast and get some money quite fast, just sell everything you don’t need (yellow+ items: first identify then sell them… you will earn more money by doing this)…

I hope I could help you… I’m sure you will get enough information/tips on this forum… We, the DQ-Community are all here to help :smiley:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

1. It seems that getting good stats/affixes on your gear isn’t so easy anymore. Atleast it seems so, because I’m wearing my maxed luck gear while enchanting, and it seems to be harder now getting epic affixes on your weapon/armour, etc.

The best thing to do is, imo, to farm your gear. Killing mobs over and over again and only pick the, for example, yellow items, up. (You can change what you only want to pick up, in the options.) This is for me the best solution.

1. When you have a yellow stat, it’s actually not possible to reroll it until it becomes orange(epic), but if you’re lucky you can get the same affix on a item in epic. For example, you get a rare item while farming, and it’s possible to have (e.g. Critical damage as a yellow affix and as an epic affix, which is orange). It may be also possible through enchanting, but I’m not sure.

Want weapon & offhand? Best solution is by going at max power and go at very first level (act 1 - level 1) and simply Hunt 2 items does not matter what affixes they have (ex: searching for Tome + Storm Staff)

Now Just Follow that tactic:

1. You got already your wanted items.
  2. Most important is to have alot of gold.
  3. Go at Enchant > Choose Item > Disenchant (remove affixes).
  4. Since items are level 1 enchanting costs only 100 > 600, its VERY CHEAP to get Best affixes.
  5. Affixes needed: HP Leech (Most needed) , MP Leech (2nd needed) , HP Regen, MP Regen, Spell Cost Reduce or Increased Damage % or Increased Weapon Damage or Armor or Talent or Resist or Dodge or Luck or Crit Damage & Chance.
  6. Since Leech may persist only once per type on item (or i’m wrong, since i havent seen 2 Leeches at same type, if you didnt got what i mean - HP + HP or MP + MP on same item) try finding epic(orange) affix.
  7. You have good chances of getting only epic affixes (i have done that before, so its pretty much possible).
  8. Once you get wanted affixes simply Reroll stats.
  9. Getting Storm Staff and Tome with Leeches of both types will guide you to fast victory of lots of enemies, since 1.4.0 patch has been released Storm deals 1200% weapon damage over 5 seconds, which automatically guide you to fast killing and since you have Leech your health and mana will regen freaking fast, also spawned spirits taunt enemies to attack them instead of you. Pretty much after you are level 20 suffering a spirit brings you 200% weapon damage back as health.
  10. After you got offences time to search for legends with Blood Magic > it converts HP and MP, yes and Leech too, to only HP (ex : you have 10,000 health and 14,681 mana, they combine and you get 0 mana and 24,681 health, same goes for Leeches)
  11. Last but not least go at 10 - 20 level (act 3 - 4 - normal) to search for legend items with Blod Magic Affix.

Thats everythink i can help you, wish you happy hunting and alot of luck, cya.

Best regards, Ned!

WHAT a huge help and info…

thanks a lot for all of u guys…
*that’s why i love to ask in this forum , there is no arrogant people :smile:

Im sorry , but i forgot to mention that i’ve got 2 blod magic items which already convert my MP to become my HP :smile:

New questions that i want to ask…

1.any suggestion for me , what kind of weapon + off hand are the best (suitable for me) ?
currently, im using staff (explode) + skull / teleport …
last time , i’m trying to use tome as well, but it confused me a lot… cause of if im using tome , is it a must that i must find all armors which contain minions status (such as legion,powres,reclaim,etc ) ?

2.what is the best status [which stated below the armor name , ex (legion,recall,reclaim,focus,etc) ] on every equipment ? or is it all depend on the players ?

Again, thanks for the huge informations. :smile:

I Love this Community so much…

Regards,
Gon

I use epic wand (barrage and storm) and tome as i mentioned in last post, since new updade storm skill is freak.
Anyway i corrently own 5 of 6 BM items, if you havent noticed every BM item is prepared already for minions.
Since new patch i use 2 BM items Amulet (gives recall) and head (gives boost), already said my dmg items. For chest gear i use Magus Robes (give me regen, luck and currently 86% thorns and some other staff which i dont mind post but it takes me alot of time to write them) item gives me focus(wep dmg), for ring i use 2 rings, first has magnify second has continuity (still tryin’ to figure out what it does anyway)

I’m level 70 have about 24k life and 6.4% HP Leech
Main weapon DPS 10.8k - 20.5k
Offhand tome suffering heals me for 14k life per minion, its more then using health potion :smile:

If you find any problems send me private message here, i may be able to help u furter.

Best regards, Ned!

it’s hard to say gon, patch 1.4. changed a lot referring gameplay/builds, I’m not so sure atm, took a break from my warrior, now started new wizard… wands help me clearing the low level floors easy… sometimes i switch to swords… staff is always a good decision, so you can take that for now… teleport is always solid and useful, helps you dodging enemy’s attacks when you are good at predicting their attack patterns… mana shields require a good build to work properly… the downside when using any other offhand than orb is, that you aren’t that mobile and its easier to get hit by enemies … therefore, a mana shield user needs a lot of mana/hp-regeneration (when using blood mage armor) etc. and another strategy when facing enemies, I’m not that experienced with tomes and shields, because i always used an orb… I’ll try out different mage builds in 1.4…

so if you are unsure what to use, take the orb, its a universal offhand for every build [ these links might help you:

dq.shinyboxgames.com/wizard.php#start

dq.shinyboxgames.com/items.php#types ].

be aware, not every equipment piece can have the same talent as an other eq. : for example a robe has the skill “empowered”, so a helmet can’t have “empowered” as talent… in other words: there are for different armor slots (don’t count off-hand-slot :p.) . every armor slot has its own talents. and a talent in armor slot 1 can’t occur in slot 2,3,4.

it’s all depending on your playstyle…

hope i could help ya mate, if something unsure, feel free to ask the forum.

cheers! :smiley:

[quote=“shadybg”]

first has magnify second has continuity (still tryin’ to figure out what it does anyway) [/quote]

if you cast time warp (magic bracers “ultima” skill) melee attacks ARE ALSO slowed by x% in addition to its normal effect, projectiles are slowed by x%, in "time warp"s radius, within the bubble.

+1 in continuity gives you “time warp also slows melee by 2.5%”

if that was unsure for you.

cheers! :smile:

[quote=“CentraBPM”]it’s hard to say gon, patch 1.4. changed a lot referring gameplay/builds, I’m not so sure atm, took a break from my warrior, now started new wizard… wands help me clearing the low level floors easy… sometimes i switch to swords… staff is always a good decision, so you can take that for now… teleport is always solid and useful, helps you dodging enemy’s attacks when you are good at predicting their attack patterns… mana shields require a good build to work properly… the downside when using any other offhand than orb is, that you aren’t that mobile and its easier to get hit by enemies … therefore, a mana shield user needs a lot of mana/hp-regeneration (when using blood mage armor) etc. and another strategy when facing enemies, I’m not that experienced with tomes and shields, because i always used an orb… I’ll try out different mage builds in 1.4…

so if you are unsure what to use, take the orb, its a universal offhand for every build [ these links might help you:

dq.shinyboxgames.com/wizard.php#start

dq.shinyboxgames.com/items.php#types ].

be aware, not every equipment piece can have the same talent as an other eq. : for example a robe has the skill “empowered”, so a helmet can’t have “empowered” as talent… in other words: there are for different armor slots. every armor slot has its own talents. and a talent in armor slot 1 can’t occur in slot 2,3,4.

it’s all depending on your playstyle…
focus is always a good decision if you want to make sweeeet damage… i suggest using a staff together with focus and. *then cast “meteor” booooooommmmmmmm dat lootpile… *
Ng
so yeah, i hope i could help ya mate, if something unsure, feel free to ask the forum.

cheers! :smiley:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk[/quote]

You are part right for some things, but using meteor + focus items will reduce any massive dmg and will require alot of mana/hp to kill a group or epic gate keeper, since you partly deal huge dmg, but CD’s may kill you very quickly at max power level.
I was build that way when i tried 1.4.0 patch today. Epic explosive staff + focus chest + orb, guess what, gate keeper was Steiger (damn you mate :stuck_out_tongue: ) he had Extra health + Teleport + Resist Fire, ugh, i was on ice mountain and my staff was with fire dmg, well regen was 1350 (since its over 5 sec) i had to use orb (req about 1250 hp per port). Steiger ports infront me hits 3.3k dmg. With my new builded mage i rarely get hit because of spirits taunting any enemy.

[quote=“shadybg”]You are part right for some things, but using meteor + focus items will reduce any massive dmg and will require alot of mana/hp to kill a group or epic gate keeper, since you partly deal huge dmg, but CD’s may kill you very quickly at max power level.
I was build that way when i tried 1.4.0 patch today. Epic explosive staff + focus chest + orb, guess what, gate keeper was Steiger (damn you mate :stuck_out_tongue: ) he had Extra health + Teleport + Resist Fire, ugh, i was on ice mountain and my staff was with fire dmg, well regen was 1350 (since its over 5 sec) i had to use orb (req about 1250 hp per port). Steiger ports infront me hits 3.3k dmg. With my new builded mage i rarely get hit because of spirits taunting any enemy.[/quote]

yep, you are right mate, didn’t consider that… *still with my head in version 1.3+". hehe never occurred “Steiger” yet, or i wasn’t paying attention… but when I do, I let you kill me, steiger :stuck_out_tongue: and then paying it back to you the next time :astonished:

awwww never encountered steiger* damn it

[quote=“CentraBPM”]awwww never encountered steiger* damn it

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk[/quote]

Steiger is an ice death keeper, search in ice levels :wink:

[quote=“shadybg”]

Steiger is an ice death keeper, search in ice levels :wink:[/quote]

that’s the reason why… i only do 199-200… no ice dungeon here :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to search right away :smile: