Item Quality question

The quality value was described (someplace) as the likelihood for an items stats to improve upon rerolling. I have a question about the mechanics of that – is the quality used to shift the probability curve for the item reroll (i.e. quality of 5, for instance, shifts the center of the reroll probability up by a certain amount), or are the prior values of the stats included in the reroll?

If it’s the former, then every reroll is independent of previous values. If the latter, it seems like investing a bunch of CS in rerolling stats should gradually increase the stats of a +Quality item upward over time (although since there’s a random factor, I would assume that there’s a maximum to the benefit you can get, and it’s probably gated by the value of the quality).

The quality of an item is far greater than you think, the rerolling for better stats in my humble opinion is an added bonus. Item quality directly increases the base stat of an item, DPS for weapon and O/H, and AR for armour and jewelry.

1 Like

What’s max quality percent… 10?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I think I saw 25 was max… Need to up my pistol. Didn’t know it affected DPS …

yep, 25 is max :wink:

yep, 25 is max :wink:[/quote]

WOW… my axe is only like 9% and I thought that was amazing… I’ve never seen an item with over 10

yep, 25 is max :wink:[/quote]

WOW… my axe is only like 9% and I thought that was amazing… I’ve never seen an item with over 10

I’ve been using a Cornucopia vial, so quality doesn’t seem to help DPS with that at all. Hence my question about the stats.

I’ve been using a Cornucopia vial, so quality doesn’t seem to help DPS with that at all. Hence my question about the stats.[/quote]

The DPS value on your vial, will increase by 50 per level upgrade :wink:
If that value is any use or not I dont know, since I have never played a vial build.

Yeah, I don’t get what the DPS value on a vial actually means, since one special gives a guaranteed crit and the other gives stealth. Neither appears to be a direct attack, so it’s very unclear what that DPS value applies to.

All Mainhands and Offhands have Damage Values, regardless of if they have skills that deal damage. If you happened to change your Special skill on the vial, then the DPS number would of course matter more.

All Mainhands and Offhands have Damage Values, regardless of if they have skills that deal damage. If you happened to change your Special skill on the vial, then the DPS number would of course matter more.[/quote]
how i can change offhand special skill ? i mran when i use vial and i want to change stealth for hmm torrent

All Mainhands and Offhands have Damage Values, regardless of if they have skills that deal damage. If you happened to change your Special skill on the vial, then the DPS number would of course matter more.[/quote]
how i can change offhand special skill ? i mran when i use vial and i want to change stealth for hmm torrent[/quote]

With the Amber Crystal, or by creating a Mythic Vial in 1.7 :wink:

Dunno what’s going on either but you just quadruple posted that question, internet having isses?

yea sorry on fcking tapatalk write a couldnt connect with forum

Damned tapatalk!

yea its true :confused:

This happens to me a lot too… how do you start a new topic on tapatalk? Or is that feature unavailable.

This happens to me a lot too… how do you start a new topic on tapatalk? Or is that feature unavailable.

You can actually, did it but deleted this app, it was annoying to use it :unamused:

when you go to preforum and choose community/general discussion or somewhere else it show above the threads