Juvator's Suggestions MUST READ

[i]Hey everyone,

So I’ve been playing for about a week now and I’ve leveled my wizard up to 99 and my warrior is at lvl 60~ and I’m loving the game:)
While I’ve been playing I’ve been writing down the things that could be improved/fixed or added to the game to make it even better.
Don’t be scared but it’s a BIG list, and I took a lot of time making sure the things that are in there have been thought about and are well formulated.
@developers I hope you guys like some or all of them and that you can do something with it.
@players Feel free to comment on these suggestions and destroy them if they are utterly stupid or be constructive and look for another solution.

Some/many of these things may have already been mentioned around the forums by players or the dev team but excuse me if I didn’t read through every topic yet.

enjoy.

Juvator[/i]

1. Inventory
1.1 more bag space
1.2 Stash for items to keep
1.3 Sell all
1.4 ID all
1.5 Select all
1.6 When using sort it should also sort on item type
1.7 Option to ignore picking up “set types”
2. Items
2.1 more legends
2.2 Godly items
2.3 Craft able items
2.4 Sockets
2.5 Gems
2.6 world drops and boss drops.
2.7 item compare option
2.8 Different types of chests
3. Character
3.1 Wizard hold to teleport
4. Challenges
4.1 Challenges for floors 101-200
4.2 Challenges that affect other stats i.e movement speed
5. Achievements
5.1 achievements and achievement points
5.2 rewards tied to this
6. Bosses
6.1 Special items that only drop from bosses
7. Hardcore mode
8. Town
9. Leveling up

9.1 Levels seem to be inferior to items.
9.2 more stats/skills per level up.
10. Floors
10.1 Floors 1-100 can be rushed through very easily.
10.2 Epic at floors 1-100 to prevent rushing
10.3 A unique random boost/decrease for each floor
10.4 Option to replay current floor
11. Events
12 Pets
12.1 Pets pickup gold
12.2 Pets destroy crates open chests.
12.3 pets buff or debuff enemies
12.4 Attack mode or Passive mode

[size=150]1. Inventory[/size]
1.1 I think that our bags are full too often and they either need to be increased or a different change needs to be made to our bags

1.2 There’s some items that I want to keep because I may want to use them later or reroll them etc etc, our bags are too small for this, so maybe a separate stash/chest/storage/bank could be used for this?(see 8. Town for more)

1.3 Be able to sell all magic/rare/epic at once, by holding down the bag and choosing sell all “types”

1.4 The same could go for identify all

1.5 and/or an option/button to simply select all magic items and sell all of them

1.6 When sorting my inventory I am often bothered that I can’t easily compare all my necklaces for example to each other because they are all over the place, it would be nice if I could sort on item types as well.

1.7 All the above options could also be used to maintain bag space without increasing bag space and having an option to not auto pickup white/magic/rare items if the player wishes so.

[size=150]2. Items[/size]
2.1 Obviously everybody wants more legends

2.2 Perhaps another tier of items could be added in the future, names could be “Godly” “Glorious” “Mystic” well you catch my drift.

2.3 Crafting (kinda requires an entire suggestion subject itself.) not gonna go into detail but the options are limitless. Crafting components could be dropped from bosses/magic/rare/common by varying chances or even only make some components drop from the specific types.

2.4 Add 1-6 sockets to items.

2.5 Obviously to fill sockets we also need gems, gems could have stats but they could also have skills or change existing skills, again limitless possibilities.

2.6 It would be nice if there are some items that actually only drop from bosses or the random trash mobs.

2.7 An option to compare stats.

2.8 It would be awesome if there were different types of chests, like common chest/magic chest/rare chest and epic chests at bosses perhaps.

[size=150]3. Character[/size]

3.1 It would be nice if we could just hold down the teleport button and keep teleporting(speed depending on attack speed)

[size=150]4. Challenges[/size]

4.1 I want to have challenges on every floor, perhaps you think we will get too much + life/damage/luck/gold find so the challenge rewards could be halved in theory and this way you already got challenges for the next floors

4.2 I would like to see challenges that could add some other stats too. For example, killing the boss 10 times or 100 times for all I care can give more luck.
Or simply completing x amount of floor or move x amount of distance to increase movement speed by 0,5% there’s a lot of things possible with this for other stats as well.

[size=150]5. Achievements[/size]

5.1 Achievement for completing any crazy thing we can think off. And this could give points that can be used to purchase some unique items/pets/vanity/stats/skills/ and the list goes on.

5.2 If no achievement points there could still be set rewards tied to completing achievements. And you might wonder what the difference between challenges and achievements is, but an achievement could be something like beat Ignis with an ICE weapon and those are the more easy ones.

[size=150]6. Bosses[/size]

6.1 Special items that can only be dropped by bosses or even specific bosses, this could be for example a higher tier of weapons as mentioned before “Godly items” or crafting materials.

[size=150]7. Hardcore mode[/size]

Well this kinda speaks for itself, ofc the game needs to be totally stable and bug free or people would get disappointed very quickly. But I’ve been thinking, hardcore mode always means, when you die you stay dead and lose your items/gold and character and have to start from scratch.
I haven’t had a chance to think about this for too long but maybe instead of 1 life people could get 5 lives, or get 1 new life every week, maybe this makes no sense at all but it could be worth considering some new options.

[size=150]8. Town[/size]

Well I personally always loved hanging out in town just to trade or chat with people.
But for example in D2 this is where you accept quests/sell/buy/storage.
The main reason I would want a town in this game is to be able to use a safe stash that I can put my gold in so that when I die I don’t have to lose so much gold when I wasn’t too lazy to store it or forget it. Especially for people at the lower levels I actually think this could be very useful.

[size=150]9. Leveling up[/size]

9.1 at lvl 27 I was at floor 100 with about 50k dps, this says to me that levelling means little compared to the items that you find, and I think levelling up should be a more important part of the process.

9.2 This could be fixed changing what you gain per level, stats/skillwise.

[size=150]10. Floors[/size]

10.1 When I had finished levelling my wizard to 99 I started a warrior right away. But having played a bit more now I figured that I could just rush floors 1 through 100 without much of a problem.
at lvl 27 I was at floor 100 and had enough damage to kill things there. This was mainly because I picked up items from the bosses and that gave me enough damage to power myself through.
I’m thinking this is not supposed to be that easy, it shouldn’t be.

10.2 This rushing could be greatly reduced if there’s an epic monster for floors 1-100 like there is with floors 101-200

10.3 It might be fun to add a unique random boost/decrease when choosing a floor.

10.4 Option to replay the current level without having to go back to menu.

[size=150]11. Events[/size]

Events could be held hourly/daily/weekly/monthly and these could be programmed events like between this and this time there’s 10% more luck on monster power 1 or regardless of monster power. There’s too many possibilities to name them all. A weekly event could be something like a sale on vanity items, or bosses/magic/rare drop an extra item. And for events that are during holidays like Christmas easter or seasonal events where monsters could drop special items that for the duration of that holiday/season can be used to get special vanity items/pets and much more.

[size=150]12. Pets
[/size]
12.1 Picking up gold myself is simply not worth it because the time I spend picking up all those measly stacks I can kill a pack of mobs and get more gold from selling those items. So just let the new pets pick it up.

12.2 They should also destroy crates because those are even more useless to destroy once the challenges are completed, but I’d still like them opened if my pet did it :stuck_out_tongue:

12.3 Pets could buff you are debuff enemies

12.4 and last but not least if the pet has to do all this and attack enemies he’s going to be a busy bee so perhaps the player can choose between attack mode and passive mode, where passive mode means he will function as a loot collector.

Thanks for the well thought out post! I sent you a quick email as well, much appreciated!!

Got it, thanks for the fast answer, and I’m glad to help:)

Fantastic feedback Juvator, this is very useful for us! A lot of my responses may come off as “Coming soon”, but I do really feel like we’re on the same page on what we’d like to see implemented for the game.

1. Inventory
    1.1 more bag space,1.2 Stash for items to keep -> We have plans for this in one of our next patches
    1.3 Sell all,1.4 ID all,1.5 Select all -> Wanted these options this coming patch, but haven’t been implemented yet. Will see!
    1.6 When using sort it should also sort on item type -> Implemented and coming next patch
    1.7 Option to ignore picking up “set types” -> Implemented and coming next patch through Options menu

2. Items
    2.1 more legends -> Always :smile:
    2.2 Godly items -> We do have plans for the next tier of items, coming in one of the next patches
    2.3 Craft able items,2.4 Sockets,2.5 Gems -> All will be in coming in one patch, likely to be a system that incorporates combining socketable items together to form a “Word”-ed item that forms a special Legend or “Mythic” item
    2.6 world drops and boss drops. -> Agreed
    2.7 item compare option -> Sort by types should help this
    2.8 Different types of chests -> Agreed

3. Character
    3.1 Wizard hold to teleport -> Will see on this, since all offhands right now have no cooldown, that would make sense

4. Challenges -> Challenge system on a whole will be redone at some point, and we’d like to have it give you allocate-able points as well for a bit of customization, more to come on that later!
    4.1 Challenges for floors 101-200
    4.2 Challenges that affect other stats i.e movement speed

5. Achievements -> Will see on this, they might come in the form of quests later on :smile:
    5.1 achievements and achievement points
    5.2 rewards tied to this

6. Bosses
    6.1 Special items that only drop from bosses -> Agreed, later down the road when we have more types of items, this will definitely happen

7. Hardcore mode -> We’ve thought about this a few times, and I think it would be great. You have some great ideas for variations as well!

8. Town -> We’d love a town too, only thing stopping this is time spent on other aspects of the game ( we’re a pretty small studio so we have to priotize the big features )

9. Leveling up
    9.1 Levels seem to be inferior to items. 9.2 more stats/skills per level up. -> Great points, we may be a bit too realiant on items at the moment. Will ponder on this more

10. Floors
    10.1 Floors 1-100 can be rushed through very easily.
    10.2 Epic at floors 1-100 to prevent rushing -> We’ve thought about adding the Epic starting floor 20, might make it in this coming patch.
    10.3 A unique random boost/decrease for each floor -> We sort of have this coming next patch with the new shrine system
    10.4 Option to replay current floor -> I like this idea, but maybe for now, highlighting the current floor on the select floor menu?

11. Events -> I’d really like to see us have events, leagues, and ladders, but haven’t had the time yet to devote to those systems.

12 Pets -> All great ideas :smile:
12.1 Pets pickup gold
12.2 Pets destroy crates open chests.
12.3 pets buff or debuff enemies
12.4 Attack mode or Passive mode

[quote=“SteigerBox”]All will be in coming in one patch, likely to be similar to a Runeword system
[/quote]

oh yeah :smile: i loved it in D2

I can definitely understand that lack of time/manpower vs budget is something that needs to be considered as is often the case.

1. Well I hope that points 1.3-1.5 can be implemented soon, I’m already happy that next patch I can sort my items better you may have noticed my almost neurotic attention to details and believe me I’m still holding back otherwise I’d spend even more time on these things:)

2. [quote]Legends,Always:)[/quote] we are indeed on the same page :smile: runeword system, I want a runeword for a wand that gives it like 10 bolts and we can call it Juvator’s Inferno(Infernal)Chaos wand haha, are there actually items already that give more than +1bolt ?

3. That’s my thinking yea:), I’d almost go so far as to say that I’d really love it if he could even jump gaps but it might make him a little OP

4. More points to allocate is all I needed to hear :smiley: the classes can definitely use more customization.
    On that subject the challenges are account-wide atm right, I presume it will need to be character bound with the new system?

5. Achievements or quests take a lot of time to implement yes. but at least some quests would be a good start :smile:

6. One of the most fun boring frustrating joyous moments were when farming bosses in diablo 2:P they tried to take that away in diablo 3 and it failed horribly.

7. Hardcore is ofc not for everyone and it’s certainly never been for me haha, but I think it could attract an extra type of player to the game that might be more valuable than anything, because if you don’t wanna die you gotta know your stuff.

8. I can definitely understand that, if there’s anything more I can do just let me know, I’m a bit scary for the new patch testing though, I don’t wanna irretrievably lose my 99 wizard :wink:
    Also maybe a way to save/store some gold? it doesn’t need a town around it ofc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: although it does feel like you might as well just leave out the revive penalty then so I’m not sure if that’s a great idea.

9. More stat allocations and such can already make the leveling up process more valuable and stats on a weapon become more in balance with the whole leveling up process, perhaps an overall decrease in dps or health in monster would be required as well to balance that out, but then again monster power 5 is no joke.

10. I definitely recommend adding that epic yeah, and they add an extra element to the killing which I really like. Shrines, that sounds even better:) but I wonder where will they be placed? because if you only find it at the end of clearing the floor it would have been useless if it’s not carried over to the next floor(which I assume it wouldn’t). Highlighting the current floor is a small but nice touch yes :smile:

11. one thing at a time of course :smile:

12. Damn straight! :smile:

While commenting on point 10 I suddenly got an awesome idea :smiley: and I just had to write it down.

A rare monster(boss) that spawns like 1% or 5%(along those lines) of the times that you enter a floor.
Obviously this boss is gonna be crazy strong and should maybe start spawning only after you’ve cleared floor 1-200 on mp1 and then mp2 etc etc. Or he can just spawn regardless of anything only at those percentages.
Clearly he will have to drop something amazing, I was just thinking about the charms and torches that were in diablo 2 because that seems like a pretty cool option, we’d need a special bag for those things though.
He could also drop an item that’s actually on 1 part of something greater… I’m sure you catch my drift.
This boss would really have to be a challenge though and having just played through all shouldn’t mean that he’s suddenly beatable, it would be something that can only be achieved after gaining at least a decent set of legendary items and 200k dps for mp1 or something.

Oh and I may not have said it but I think the way we get different skills depending on the items we use is ingenious! it may not be totally new anymore but either way it is perfect for a mobile hack & slash.

[quote]2.
Legends,Always:)
we are indeed on the same page :smile: runeword system, I want a runeword for a wand that gives it like 10 bolts and we can call it Juvator’s Inferno(Infernal)Chaos wand haha, are there actually items already that give more than +1bolt ?[/quote]

You can expect stuff almost exactly like this with Runewords. We want them to differentiate gameplay in cool ways, beyond what talents already do. Also it will be our chance to play with switching around Special/Ult abilities on weapons ( Wand + Meteor for example ).

[quote]4. More points to allocate is all I needed to hear :smiley: the classes can definitely use more customization.
On that subject the challenges are account-wide atm right, I presume it will need to be character bound with the new system?[/quote]

Yup! We’ll have a mix of Offensive, Defensive, and Adventure stats to choose from and you’ll be able to spec each character differently, but the points you earn will be Account wide.

Agreed :smile:

I feel the same, and we already have some changes to make killing our bosses a bit more exciting. For starters, we’re increasing the Luck roll on Bosses and Epic enemies so that the loot you get for them has a much better chance to be worth your while. Also, we’re addressing their DMG and HP to make them a bit more exciting to fight.

I agree, and I think we’d have something like this when we have a better league or ladder system as well. We’re restricted at the moment to 3 slots, so when we change our system to accommodate many more, we’ll be ready for Hardcore as well.

[quote]8. I can definitely understand that, if there’s anything more I can do just let me know, I’m a bit scary for the new patch testing though, I don’t wanna irretrievably lose my 99 wizard :wink:
Also maybe a way to save/store some gold? it doesn’t need a town around it ofc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: although it does feel like you might as well just leave out the revive penalty then so I’m not sure if that’s a great idea.[/quote]

Well, revive cost is changing next patch to be a flat rate based on your level, so that sort of takes care of that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup which is not a huge deal to do, we’re going over the whole game balance this patch again, and adding 3 extra enemy power levels, so hopefully we’ll have the whole range of difficulty that players are looking for.

Same page again :smile: We placed the shrines near the front of the dungeon. Another cool thing about them that I’m pretty excited for, one of them will spawn an Epic enemy “Shrine Guardian” or something like that whenever you activate it. Some fun fights happen with those!

[quote]A rare monster(boss) that spawns like 1% or 5%(along those lines) of the times that you enter a floor.
Obviously this boss is gonna be crazy strong and should maybe start spawning only after you’ve cleared floor 1-200 on mp1 and then mp2 etc etc. Or he can just spawn regardless of anything only at those percentages.
Clearly he will have to drop something amazing, I was just thinking about the charms and torches that were in diablo 2 because that seems like a pretty cool option, we’d need a special bag for those things though.
He could also drop an item that’s actually on 1 part of something greater… I’m sure you catch my drift.
This boss would really have to be a challenge though and having just played through all shouldn’t mean that he’s suddenly beatable, it would be something that can only be achieved after gaining at least a decent set of legendary items and 200k dps for mp1 or something.[/quote]

I know exactly what you’re talking about, and we’ve bounced a few of these ideas off each other as well. We love Uber-styled runs, component collecting, special bosses, and such, and would love to find something that fits our game well for the more advanced players to participate in.

[quote]Oh and I may not have said it but I think the way we get different skills depending on the items we use is ingenious! it may not be totally new anymore but either way it is perfect for a mobile hack & slash.
[/quote]

Thank you very much! We’re trying our best to cross the best of the ARPG ( or Diablo-likes ) Genre and Mobile approach-ability, which hopefully we’re getting pretty close to. We love this genre and our biggest fault right now is trying to put too much in our patches so they take a bit longer, which only makes our anticipation for people getting to see what we’ve been working on worse :smile:

Oh boy I’m very excited about all this :smiley: you guys are doing a great job combining the best things into one game.
I will be watching this game. And I’m sure you haven’t heard the last of me.

[quote=“Juvator”]Oh boy I’m very excited about all this :smiley: you guys are doing a great job combining the best things into one game.
I will be watching this game. And I’m sure you haven’t heard the last of me.[/quote]

Excellent :smile: We definitely appreciate your feedback!

[quote=“SteigerBox”][quote=“Juvator”]Oh boy I’m very excited about all this :smiley: you guys are doing a great job combining the best things into one game.
I will be watching this game. And I’m sure you haven’t heard the last of me.[/quote]

Excellent :smile: We definitely appreciate your feedback![/quote]

I’m glad :smile: Next I will be focusing my attention to any minor bugs that I can detect, so far though it’s been very few so that’s good :smile:
The biggest one is that sometimes a floor is just empty, no monsters no crates only chests and on floors 100 and above you will still get the epic from the portal.
I do not know which floors these are anymore though but I can keep track of it from now on if it helps.