Mage's Amplify

The description for Amplify says “+2% DMG for each element effect on enemy” so does that mean for every different element effect on a particular enemy, your damage increases by +2% per rank? IE a mob has one poison effect on it, with a max level amplify, that mob would take an additional 40% damage; another mob that has poison and slow on it, with a max level amplify, that mob would take 80% additional damage?

been curious with this talent too, I’m not sure whether it is accumulative or not. someone please enlight us.
:smile:

This is correct.

All the effects are:
Ascendant, Shock Debuff, Poison, Chill, and Burning

1 Like

This is correct.

All the effects are:
Ascendant, Shock Debuff, Poison, Chill, and Burning[/quote]

so, if I go pure poison, with maxed Amplify, 1st attack will poison enemy normally, 2nd will be a normal+40% poison damage, and the 3rd will be normal+40%+40% poison damage?

Pretty sure first attack is normal. Next attack is 40% bonus damage and all attacks subsequent as well. If you had a warrior with another element then your attack would apply another 40% making it 80% with two elements.

I’m a lil bit confused, lemme give u an illustration.
this is only a rough illustration on elemental damage only.

x element damage = 1000
amplify = 40%

1st x attack = 1000
2nd x attack = 1400
3rd x attack = ? (a/b/c)
a. 1000 + 40% + 40% = 1800
b. (1000+40%) + 40% = 1960
c. same as the 2nd attack = 1400

that is my question, since I’m not using multi-element attack. I prefer one focused element.
[emoji16]

I guess its better to use ascendent with that amplify talent o.o

[quote=“ichsanization”]I’m a lil bit confused, lemme give u an illustration.
this is only a rough illustration on elemental damage only.

x element damage = 1000
amplify = 40%

1st x attack = 1000
2nd x attack = 1400
3rd x attack = ? (a/b/c)
a. 1000 + 40% + 40% = 1800
b. (1000+40%) + 40% = 1960
c. same as the 2nd attack = 1400

that is my question, since I’m not using multi-element attack. I prefer one focused element.
[emoji16][/quote]

Most people use Poison for a Mage and Ice for a Warrior so I’ll be using those two elements for my example.
Here’s an illustration of what I’m pretty sure is the effect of amplify:

Normal Damage Range: 1000
1 Elemental Stack (Poison, from Mage)
Bonus Damage: 40%

• 1st Attack: 1000
  • 2nd Attack: 1400
  • 3rd Attack: 1400
  • nth Attack: 1400

Normal Damage Range: 1000
2 Elemental Stack (Poison, from Mage & Chill, from Warrior)
Bonus Damage: 80%

• 1st Attack: 1000
  • 2nd Attack: 1800
  • 3rd Attack: 1800
  • nth Attack: 1800

In order for Amplify to take effect, it requires one initial hit to apply the Elemental Effect. All attacks thereafter gain the bonus Damage % at a constant rate, it doesn’t multiply on top of one another.

1 Like

thank you tyteaz, steiger.
[emoji4]

harahell : I have two hat with amplify and wizardry, and I can’t sacrifice my set for ascendant, I’ll wait till I get a higher level CS (Amethyst?) to put ascendent on my nadrojis.
[emoji41]

I’m thinking of changing my play style… the game is running in slow motion

OMG, what’s that [emoji33]

My life’s work :smile:

I’ve switched my mage to the back while I lvl my new rouge. I have high minions hp and fairy fuel keeps blood magic factory pumping away. That and almost every thing that dies turns into a Astral summon due to recall. most of the time he will spam his main hand weppon but as soon as I put a little trust in the guy for an epic map it’s a frustrating slow motion haha.

I feel sorry for your device :wink:
Great work by the way. Keep it up.

[quote=“zzvilzz”]I feel sorry for your device :wink:
Great work by the way. Keep it up.[/quote]
Thank you! I just got a new Samsung for the games I play so I just had to break her in. I love the mage he is the reason I got addicted. I wanted to make two mages for the longest time, one summons and one teleporter but settled on a rouge. She is fun so far at lvl 67. I use my mage as my main focus still. Time will only tell…

Wow such an army :smile:

I think minions should be limited like mirrorimages! Otherwise the devices would all melt :laughing:

I think minions should be limited like mirrorimages! Otherwise the devices would all melt :laughing:[/quote]
Thank you for the compliment! I did this to my self tho. I was trying to make a shield with the summons. I’m going to figure a way to change them from defensive to offense ones… if i lower there health I can have them explode on death. And I can probably change some of my Legion to Prowess. I’m working on switching my skills around. Just farming crystals for now.

I think minions should be limited like mirrorimages! Otherwise the devices would all melt :laughing:[/quote]
Thank you for the compliment! I did this to my self tho. I was trying to make a shield with the summons. I’m going to figure a way to change them from defensive to offense ones… if i lower there health I can have them explode on death. And I can probably change some of my Legion to Prowess. I’m working on switching my skills around. Just farming crystals for now.[/quote]

That’s actually the 1.7 Minions mechanics, you’re gonna be able to switch your minions from offensiv mode to defensive mode with a special replacing sacrifice, called “command” :smile:

Thank you for the compliment! I did this to my self tho. I was trying to make a shield with the summons. I’m going to figure a way to change them from defensive to offense ones… if i lower there health I can have them explode on death. And I can probably change some of my Legion to Prowess. I’m working on switching my skills around. Just farming crystals for now.[/quote]

That’s actually the 1.7 Minions mechanics, you’re gonna be able to switch your minions from offensiv mode to defensive mode with a special replacing sacrifice, called “command” :smile:[/quote]
Yes! I was just talking about that last week! My fairy and Hp leech makes Sacrifice a dead skill for me. Will this change my Astral summons?

Don’t know yet, I just know about the minion “command” with the 2 types, since it’s my idea, but for the rest, better ask Steiger :smile: