My last meal

Totally off topic I know lol

I have just finished eating what I would best describe as " different " in fact very different meat.

Ostrich steak
Crocodile burger
Kangaroo meatballs
Squirrel pie

Out of all of them, ostrich was the most palatable, and crocodile was the worst !

Never again lol
I will stick to the more traditional meats :mrgreen:

My pet squirrel definitely appreciates your vow to not eat anymore of her family/friends.

I’ve had alligator. Although chewy, I didn’t think it was bad per se.

To be fair, the squirrel was in a pie with other ingredients, so I might have to sample it on its own, so if your pet has a plump friend or relative, please don’t hesitate to send them on a trip to England to come visit me :wink:

Pardon my ignorance, but does England not have squirrels? In the US, we refer to them as “tree rats”.

I’ve had alligator tail at Razoo’s (where most everything is fried and has some sort of cajun seasoning).

Some kid’s mom brought fried grasshoppers to school when I was in kindergarten. The teacher actually let us eat them if we wanted. I did, still not sure why. :smile:

Growing up in the southern US, I’ve had rabbit, squirrel, various birds, deer, and such. However, I tend to prefer the “normal” “farmed” meat rather than wild stuff.

To be fair, the squirrel was in a pie with other ingredients, so I might have to sample it on its own, so if your pet has a plump friend or relative, please don’t hesitate to send them on a trip to England to come visit me :wink:[/quote]
I passed along the message, she wasn’t thrilled.

To be fair, the squirrel was in a pie with other ingredients, so I might have to sample it on its own, so if your pet has a plump friend or relative, please don’t hesitate to send them on a trip to England to come visit me :wink:[/quote]
I passed along the message, she wasn’t thrilled.

[/quote]

She looks nice, she would definitely look better with a drizzle of BBQ sauce though :wink:

She’s got you fooled then, she’s a hell beast to everyone but me pretty much. [emoji83]

I’m from a rural area where squirrel is popular. It is almost exclusively used in a pot pie type dish. It’s not something people really eat stand alone. And they are so small it’s hardly worth the effort. Don’t tell her I said anything. :smile:

Aww, that’s so cute! I didn’t know they can be kept as pets, actually. I also didn’t know people ate them… :wink:

They aren’t exactly good as pets. I have scratches everywhere from claws, and she climbs and chews on everything. But she will also play and she sits on my shoulder or lays on my head alot when I play DQ.

I want one as an in game pet @SteigerBox! She can gather all the CS/MS and store them away in her own stash. Her name is Gizmo btw, thanks. :wink:

They aren’t exactly good as pets. I have scratches everywhere from claws, and she climbs and chews on everything. But she will also play and she sits on my shoulder or lays on my head alot when I play DQ.

I want one as an in game pet @SteigerBox! She can gather all the CS/MS and store them away in her own stash. Her name is Gizmo btw, thanks. :wink:[/quote]

Haha well… if you guys find someone to do 3d modeling/animation/texturing for it… sure :smile:

Is that offer valid for a cat, too? Because I might take you up on this. :wink: (Would need details that I can give to the artist. )

Is that offer valid for a cat, too? Because I might take you up on this. :wink: (Would need details that I can give to the artist. )[/quote]

Up for cats too! :smile: We’ll actually put it in the game ( assuming it’s not a stick figure and somewhat resembles our art style :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have a couple artist friends I may be able to bribe with something! (Or commission one.) Are there any higher resolution shots of the existing pets, perhaps one of the dogs? Just something to hand them and say, “Make something like this that meows.” No promises though, since I don’t know how much work it is and they may bite me when I ask.

I have a couple artist friends I may be able to bribe with something! (Or commission one.) Are there any higher resolution shots of the existing pets, perhaps one of the dogs? Just something to hand them and say, “Make something like this that meows.” No promises though, since I don’t know how much work it is and they may bite me when I ask.[/quote]

Sure :smile:

Here’s some sweet cat reference too: Best Cats

Perfect, thanks! I’ll ask and see if they laugh at me. :smile: If I found someone who is willing, would you provide the mesh(?) for the dog? (Cluelessly assuming that it’s easier to work on a cat if there’s already a base of an animal that’s similar.) I’d holler separately about this per mail!

Although I do feel bad about this… Rubik wanted a squirrel, and now we’re talking about cats!

[quote=“Mivo”]Perfect, thanks! I’ll ask and see if they laugh at me. :smile: If I found someone who is willing, would you provide the mesh(?) for the dog? (Cluelessly assuming that it’s easier to work on a cat if there’s already a base of an animal that’s similar.) I’d holler separately about this per mail!

Although I do feel bad about this… Rubik wanted a squirrel, and now we’re talking about cats![/quote]

That I’ll have to ask about, not sure how much our artist is okay with me sharing mesh/animation/etc wise… but it would totally make it easier if I could.

Otherwise it’s probably a few days work from the ground up, so they’d need to REALLY like you :stuck_out_tongue:

The one that REALLY likes me is a pixel artist, and she said she would have to learn how to do this first (she might, but that wouldn’t be fast), so my best plan didn’t work! :frowning: The second one I asked only does textures and 2D stuff, not models, so she’s also out. But there are more, so the Battle for Kitty is not yet lost!

[quote=“Mivo”]
Although I do feel bad about this… Rubik wanted a squirrel, and now we’re talking about cats![/quote]

Yeah, but I have neither the ability nor the strings to pull. So my cause is a lost one. [emoji53]

The one that REALLY likes me is a pixel artist, and she said she would have to learn how to do this first (she might, but that wouldn’t be fast), so my best plan didn’t work! :frowning: The second one I asked only does textures and 2D stuff, not models, so she’s also out. But there are more, so the Battle for Kitty is not yet lost![/quote]

Tell her how it would help her career to learn new skills and all that jazz. :smile:

This is offtopic but have you guys put in any thought into a combat pet? Currently the 3 talents on the pets are a bit useless endgame would be cool if you added a combat pet that could use skills or something.