Need feedback on frozen blizzard wiz

This is my first build, so I’m not fully sure on caps, affix interactions, etc. I’ve attached my proposed build; please let me know how I can improve it.
[attachment=0]Dungeon quest affixes.png[/attachment]
Primary attack is storm, with mirror image as extra damage, but it gets annoying to constantly tap it. I usually have summoned offensive spirits, too. Finally, I’ll tap barrage when I’m not feeling lazy.
hSkills are Storm, Dexterity, Intelligence; maybe I’ll add summon and barrage to complete the options

I THINK these skills are maxed: dodge (crystal + 20 dex); crit chance (crystal + 4x natures); deadly strike (crystal + 3x epics);
I completely ignored attack speed, extra attack chance, and crushing blow; the first two because I rely on special attack, and the latter because of its unpredictable nature.
I may remove mirror image—I’m not sure if the clone will attack at all if I only use special attacks. If so, I would replace Trickster set with Pathfinder or Deadly Arts; using deadly arts would allow me to replace the Cooldown crystal with another Deadly Strike crystal, freeing up 3 more affixes. I also like the idea of using Taunt as my offhand special, which would help group the mobs for Storm.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Have you tried how much mana is needed to cast storm once?
I myself can only spend 2 hero point in storm and it seems storm can take much mana. High rank in storm may need much more mana.

While the cost of storm does increase at full development, my wiz has far more than enough resources to repeatedly cast it, especially with affixes like blood magic, cosmic power, and a 100% mp crystal.

@Pirendeus
Ok, I looked over everything and had to look up Wiz talents and whatnot, let’s see how much I can remember. :wink:

You start with a base chance of 10% crit, capping you with a singular crystal crit chance. Those four natures can be changed to something more useful.

As you touched on, the crystal CD Reduction would probably be better served as a second Deadly Strike. Hpoints into Storm are providing 20%, plus your +5 Storm x2 would be another 10%, so we’re at 30% so far. Dexterity with 20 Hpoints in it should also be another 10%, that’s 40%. A singular epic CD reduction can give you 15% I think, for a final of 55%. That is very close to cap of 60%, while freeing up 2 slots and not needing a set affix.

Wizardry talent with +5 x2 is going to be giving 30% ele crit (freeze) chance already, probably making those 2 freeze affixes not necessary. I can’t say for certain that 30% is enough for you, that’s a close call, but 30% is a pretty good amount imo. That would net 2 more affixes though.

I would also question whether Frozen Immune is necessary or not.

If these changes were made, you have 5 slots to replace. I would consider up to 2 more +5 Storms (first one would cap your CD reduction), 2 more +5 Elementalist (giving you some freeze chance back), and maybe a Storm proc, extra free ones would be nice.

Also I wanted to mention, a gauntlet has highest base dmg for Wiz, so putting Storm special on it would be higher than whichever weapon gives Storm naturally. And I’m unsure on how your Scorcery works exactly, a slower slow as I interpret it, but Cosmic talent instead could up dmg since they should already be frozen.

I’ve said it before, but I’m no Wizard, so feel free to double check all my figures. I could have messed something up. :smile:

Overall it looks like a good build, expensive and difficult to get that many Legendary affixes sorted out, but good. Good luck working towards it, it feels awesome to finally get your own build set up just how you want it and destroying everything. [emoji14]

[quote=“Pirendeus”]This is my first build, so I’m not fully sure on caps, affix interactions, etc. I’ve attached my proposed build; please let me know how I can improve it.
[attachment=0]Dungeon quest affixes.png[/attachment]
Primary attack is storm, with mirror image as extra damage, but it gets annoying to constantly tap it. I usually have summoned offensive spirits, too. Finally, I’ll tap barrage when I’m not feeling lazy.
hSkills are Storm, Dexterity, Intelligence; maybe I’ll add summon and barrage to complete the options

I THINK these skills are maxed: dodge (crystal + 20 dex); crit chance (crystal + 4x natures); deadly strike (crystal + 3x epics);
I completely ignored attack speed, extra attack chance, and crushing blow; the first two because I rely on special attack, and the latter because of its unpredictable nature.
I may remove mirror image—I’m not sure if the clone will attack at all if I only use special attacks. If so, I would replace Trickster set with Pathfinder or Deadly Arts; using deadly arts would allow me to replace the Cooldown crystal with another Deadly Strike crystal, freeing up 3 more affixes. I also like the idea of using Taunt as my offhand special, which would help group the mobs for Storm.

Thanks for any suggestions![/quote]

Im just curious with your OH weapon? is it Manashield?
Coz i’ve been using Skull as a OH weap and i find it more effective on killing enemies…
Or maybe Manashield is very usefull for high end floors? Like floor 300+?

Remove Trickster and Mirror Image. Its damage is based on your OH which has no DMG increases. Yes it will use Storm when you do but that Storm’s damage will be based on the OH. Storm Proc will be very good as you can activate Storm using any of the 4 attacks (Mirror Images cannot Proc skills).

Why do you need frozen immune when you can just avoid the monster’s Frozen Spells?

[quote=“anygma”]
Coz i’ve been using Skull as a OH weap and i find it more effective on killing enemies…
Or maybe Manashield is very usefull for high end floors? Like floor 300+?[/quote]

I’m using a tome as offhand; i like the look of a book for a wizard, and the primary skill summoned pets go kill things for me, so I can be lazy when farming lower floors and just run to pick up loot. At upper floors, you could just use summoning items to get the pets you want, then switch to a more powerful offhand item, and get the benefit of both.

[quote=“Unities”]Why do you need frozen immune when you can just avoid the monster’s Frozen Spells?[/quote] because the virtual joystick is far from flawless, i’d rather not need to worry about avoiding incoming projectiles, plus if I’m standing right next to a mob there’s no time or room to dodge. Also, i can just run into crates/barrels without fear of potential freezing effect.

Then how do you deal with stun, blind and fear?

Then how do you deal with stun, blind and fear?[/quote]
How about stun/blind immune? :wink:

I ain’t afraid of no crates!
Who you gonna call?

Who you gonna call?[/quote]

Ghostbusters!!! :smiley:

[quote=“Pirendeus”][quote=“anygma”]
Or maybe Manashield is very usefull for high end floors? Like floor 300+?[/quote]

I’m using a tome as offhand; i like the look of a book for a wizard, and the primary skill summoned pets go kill things for me, so I can be lazy when farming lower floors and just run to pick up loot. At upper floors, you could just use summoning items to get the pets you want, then switch to a more powerful offhand item, and get the benefit of both.

• i am using summoner build (TOME) [color=#FF4000]+[/color] Star Pendant (with Summon HP,DMG & HASTE affix with it) [color=#FF4000]+[/color] 20 HERO points for COMMAND just yesterday,its really fun. but!!! at floors like 170+ the enemies take really long to kill (which for me is annoying). So i think i’ll come back on using SKULL. :smiley:

• “[color=#BF00BF]At upper floors, you could just use summoning items to get the pets you want, then switch to a more powerful offhand item, and get the benefit of both[/color].” =>> can u please explain this further. what is the connection of SUMMONING ITEMS on getting PETS? :smile:

I think with “Pets” he means the minions you summon. Not Enslaver ones.

Centra nailed it. I used the wrong term…too many years playing eq. Sorry for the confusion. :-/

Then how do you deal with stun, blind and fear?

Who you gonna call?[/quote]

Ghostbusters!!! :smiley:[/quote]

Surely that should be cratebusters ? :wink:

@Piren: lol yeah im just little confused but its all good. :smile:

@ Pirendeus: since you are using a Wiz,may i ask a question about Cosmic Power

Cosmic Power - Adds 25% MP and MP Regen per rank. Time Warp adds 2.5% per rank of max MP to any projectile’s DMG that passes through the Time Warp

Are you using this SET affix even if you are not using Time Warp? And is it effective even if you have Blood Magic?

Crystal maiden?

Anyways on topic:
You should never rely on Regen for heals. The extra MP with Bloodmagic is very nice especially with Plague. So yes you should use it if you want more defense and be immortal.

[quote=“anygma”]@ Pirendeus: since you are using a Wiz,may i ask a question about Cosmic Power

Cosmic Power - Adds 25% MP and MP Regen per rank. Time Warp adds 2.5% per rank of max MP to any projectile’s DMG that passes through the Time Warp

Are you using this SET affix even if you are not using Time Warp? And is it effective even if you have Blood Magic?[/quote]

As Unities said, i include Cosmic power simply for the extra hp (through blood magic mp conversion.) The only direct offensive skill in my build is storm.

[quote=“Unities”]Crystal maiden?

Anyways on topic:
You should never rely on Regen for heals. The extra MP with Bloodmagic is very nice especially with Plague. So yes you should use it if you want more defense and be immortal.[/quote]

Crystal Maiden <3

Got it…