New to this game

Do you have to pay for any pets or can they all be earned Ingame as a drop

when you first install the game, I think it gives you 1 pet. any pets after that must be saved from defeating an Enslaver, which is a free random drop, or buy them in the shop.
Hound: it picks up near by piles of gold, and also has a chance to find buried gold.
Fairy: heals you like a potion when your HP gets down to 50%, with a 5 (?) second cool down.
Imp: picks up your items and converts 5 of them to 1 item of the next tier. must have item pick up on magic+ or higher in options for the Imp to pick anything up.
Slimes: 10% damage boost and 100 resistance to 1 Element.

1 Like

How do I find enslavers and what pet is best for the rouge

For killing monsters and finding items I use an imp always

I would say to use the imp its good overall and gets a better chance for loot being every five items that it takes below you pick up level “Found in options” it gives back an item and it has a chance of being any tier
Enslavers can be found in maps that you can buy with gold after level 20. When you buy a map it has a chance to have a Enslaver in it and a 100% chance for a catographer it drops a map 100% of the time so you dont have to repeatedly buy them.

pets are not about which class they are good for.

Hound: it picks up near by piles of gold, and also has a chance to find buried gold.
Fairy: heals you like a potion when your HP gets down to 50%, with a 5 (?) second cool down.
Imp: picks up your items and converts 5 of them to 1 item of the next tier. must have item pick up on magic+ or higher in options for the Imp to pick anything up.
Slimes: 10% damage boost and 100 resistance to 1 Element.

pets are about helping the Character that adopts them.

1 Like

Alright I’m using daggers and a slime arm

I’m finding no better gear then what I got equipped atm

play DQ to get a feel for the game.
read the Codex and the DQ Forums to see what other players have learned and shared with other players.
experiment with crystals and myth stones to see how they change and affect your game play.
don’t let Delete Character take control of your game.
random drops are ok in the early game, you can customize your items later after you learn a little more about the game.
pets are fun, and add 6 more affix slots for your characters benefit, in addition to their special natures (an ability each pet has that can help you in your journey through DQ).

read the affixes on the items you find, so you get an idea of what is out there. when you find Legend items, if you don’t feel like it would help you, you can sell Legend items for a little gold, or for 5,000 gold per dust the Legend is worth, you can get from 1-5 dust. dust can be used to unlock Legend items in the Codex for a high cost of dust, and then that item is available for purchase with a low cost of dust for you to use.
for now, have fun, and learn a little as you go along. reading the Forum will help a lot. a lot of questions have been asked and answered, so there is a lot of information here.

1 Like

I have been reading the forums but I don’t understand some stuff like how do I increase my drop rate and stuff

the Fortune skill is usually the first way people increase their luck, gold find, and item drop rate. finding random items or Legend items with affixes that boost luck, gold find, and item drop rate is the next thing. when you have the crystals or myth stones, you can make your own equipment that have these affixes. equipment with these affixes are called farming builds, as they increase how much loot you find, and how good the loot is.
Fortunate is a Perk you can get when you get to level 99. it increases your luck and gold find 200%.
since you have just started, you should decide if you want to make a Farm Build to get a lot of loot early, or Ascend, which is getting 1-6 Perks by getting lots of experience.
I decided to get all 6 Perks, as all of the Perks help with farming in one way or another. so a worked on making an Ascending Build. I started with random equipment, but as I moved up in the floors, I got better stuff, and started to put my own affixes on the Legend items I found. along the way, I learned a lot about how to craft my own equipment, and a better understanding of Dungeon Quest.

1 Like

Can rouges farm well

when I first started playing DQ, I used Rogue. now I am using Wizard. I plan on having at least 1 of each class, as each of the classes have cool ways of Adventuring.
since monsters drop most of the loot we like to farm for, a lot of it depends on your play style. like, do you like moving around a lot, or pushing the button once, and all the monsters are disintegrated. do you like hitting monsters from far away or getting in their face, so you are the last thing they see.
all 3 classes are good at farming, but many people will say one class is better than others, and it is always a different class! :laughing:

1 Like

Fair enough and how do I get mythstones or whatever they are called

And I can’t do PvP since no one is in common league

myth stones start dropping at level 21+.

Yep. I did put one of each class so I can test every class as well as learn how they work and make unique builds that use their strengths or use what you learnt from a class to help you improve your main class

I played Rogue for awhile, so I know how it works, I just need to play it more to understand more, and have been playing Wizard for a long time, and am still learning a lot. I need to play Warrior more, because at first, I thought it was a terrible class, but after playing for some time now, and playing the Warrior a few times, I can see that the Warrior has potential, and might not be as terrible as I thought it was. :smirk:

I do enjoy the game it’s addicting and can U earn boosts for free

when I got my Perks, I got Accomplished first. It helped me get Hero Points faster, and you get the Feat rewards more often. which includes getting the boosts for free from picking up all those orbs laying around.