Evening!

I downloaded DQ before a 6 hour plane flight for something to do last week… I have not put it down since!

I have been reading the wikia for information and have a few lingering questions:

when I hire a second character, does it matter who kills the monster? does only that actual characters GF/IQ matter? or is it all combined. I question this because I noticed if my higher level kills everything, my lower level gets almost no exp.

I have two level 99s, are there any cons to always having one hired? (increased difficulty to make up for the 2 players?) or is there basically no reason to ever run solo?

I finished floor 200… I have some maps now up to level 235 on legend difficulty. Is this what the game is about now? keep going up through maps?

Items dropped are still at ilvl 100… looks like it is time to start crafting… everytime I start removing an affix and adding a new one I seem to make the item complete junk (using the stone that sometimes fizzles).

I see some photos on the forums with crazy weapons… do you get a legendary and just keep rerolling it until it is awesome? like +5000 elemental dmg, +50%dmg, +5 all skills - stuff like that

I think that is enough for now - thanks in advance!
edit -
also, when it says +4 to archmage talents, what exactly is an arch mage talent? or beserker talent … they do not appear to be defined that way.

1. When you use a hireling all farm related affixes are averaged out but you also get +100% Item drop. Farming sets only work if YOU have them equipped. Items that drop will be limited only to what you and your hireling can wear. Exp is shared an scaled to prevent instant lv99.

2. Run solo if 1) you don’t mind the loss of +100% Item drop, 2) you want to farm items for all classes and 3) you don’t want to deal with your hireling dying/investing into them.

3. yes after floor 200 just use maps to go higher. Until pvp is release in the next patch, that is all to late game.

4. there are multiple different crystals. you are using a very low tier crystal that is why you are not making better items. as a noob, just farm Eternals until you get a massive supply of rare crystals and mythstones to create epic items.

5. depends on the item. Non eternal items are crafted. Eternal items can only be farmed.

6. look at your stats page. there is a tab for list of talents with 3 different talent trees. the icon above the talent tree represents what talent tree it is.

Thanks for the reply!
What does farm eternal for crystals mean? eternal are the green items, but they are not crystals right?
I am blazing through mythic 3 floor 100-125, going to see if I can make it higher.

there are crystal weapons white blue [color=#00BFBF]color[/color] with crystall afix which is op

dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/DungeonQuest_Wiki

:dieter:

[quote=“drocksmash”]
I have two level 99s, are there any cons to always having one hired? (increased difficulty to make up for the 2 players?) or is there basically no reason to ever run solo?[/quote]
One other thing that a hireling limits – You cannot play at Very Easy (ep1) difficulty with a hireling.

[quote=“drocksmash”]Thanks for the reply!
What does farm eternal for crystals mean? eternal are the green items, but they are not crystals right?
I am blazing through mythic 3 floor 100-125, going to see if I can make it higher.[/quote]
Clogon means that until you have a lot of crystal for crafting. you should focus on getting eternal weapons(green weapon) It has double of the affix of a legendary weapon(red weapon) but only 2 crystals works on it. Beryl for changing of nature and calcite for changing element.

basically it means that eternal weapons are very nice until you can craft your own weapon.

Invest also and getting max luck of 650,gold find of 650 and 200 in item drop. A lot farms at 101-200 so it’s easier to finish the map. But some items you need to be on a certain floor to get. Like cataclysm at 250 and above. Crystalline, Eternalized, mythical at 350 and above.

also, when it says +4 to archmage talents, what exactly is an arch mage talent? or beserker talent … they do not appear to be defined that way. - [color=#FF0000]On your stats page the 3rd options is the talents. This 3 talent tree corresponds to a class. The berserker tab is the red one. If you have any talents on the red one and you have + 5 berserker the talents have a +5 on it.
Example: Lacerate is 20 and you have + 5berserker = 25 lacerate. The cap for talents is 40 btw
[/color]