Normally I avoid 'In-App Purchase' games like the plague

Hi all,

New poster/player/game supporter here, as the subject above, I’m surprised to be here, I normally wouldn’t give this game time of day, due to me hating the IAP model (it’s a good business model for greed). But since I love Diablo, Titan quest on PC etc I read a recommendation on a website about this game being great (and the game developer replying to that comment!) and I weakened so here I am.

The game is great, I bought the $9.99 pack to support the developer (and unlock a couple of player slots).

Supporting the developer I don’t mind (and I put my money where my mouth is), paying up front for a quality product, again I don’t mind (and I prefer), but IAP stuff I normally hate. I’m not too experienced yet, and can only hope that the IAP model doesn’t get too obtrusive later down the road, I.e. ‘you can only get this gear via IAP’ ‘you can only unlock this char/pet via IAP’ etc etc and lead to disappointment.

I know, I know, cynicism doesn’t become me! But I can’t help it as I’m old :wink:

Cheers all.

Tony.

4 Likes

Hey Tony, welcome to our forums and thank you very much for the support :smile:

I feel you on avoiding IAP games, especially when they have pay walls and timers. We try to be the least pay-wall-y as possible, by offering a free character to level as high as you want, with no content locked.

Do you remember which site you saw us recommended on?

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome.

Here is where I finally caved in to ‘buy’ the game…

http://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/1z2e0u/favorite_nocrappyiap_diablotorchlight_clones/

I’m a bit miffed that some of the pets you have to buy in the game, but aside from that I’m having a blast at work (when I should be doing something more important!) :smile:

Cheers,

Tony.

The pets, who can be bought via IAP are only for cosmetic purposes, because they don’t have special skill or something like that, only some have a unique appearance :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

1 Like

[quote=“CentraBPM”]The pets, who can be bought via IAP are only for cosmetic purposes, because they don’t have special skill or something like that, only some have a unique appearance :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99[/quote]

Thanks for allaying my disappointment, been playing some more, this game seems very re-playable and in-depth for a mobile game, money well spent.

Cheers,

Tony.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate IAP as well. It was only after playing this for a long, long time and determining that you don’t NEED to use IAP to succeed that I actually did purchase anything. It’s a great game, and I cannot but love it.
Salutes the devs

1 Like

Well ironically Ive just had a problem carrying my iap purchase over to my android tablet. Ive just emailed support about it.

Hopefully they can fix it,

Cheers,

Tony.

Agreed. IAP model is generally pucky pooz… :confused:

This game, however, is bloody brilliant and delivers quality without the need to purchase anything at all. Of course, upon realizing the quality of this gem, i ponied up and purchased what i consider the absolute must have iap’s.

Gotta support the talented and generous devs. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

much appreciated :wink: !!

2 Likes

Now… if only the shrines were shown on map reveal :laughing:

we had that for a while actually. It would show shrines and treasure chests. The issue was that once those were “activated” in the case of the shrines or opened in the case of the treasure chests they stayed on the map.

It caused more confusion than it was worth in the long run and we couldn’t fine a way in code (given the tools we had back when creating DQ) to redraw the map each time a chest or shrine was activated, so we removed it from the auto map reveal.

4 Likes

Oh yeah. :smile: . I swear I remember it ages ago.

Ahh. So maybe one day we will see the return of :slight_smile:

Sweetness

I remember suggesting the same thing before lmao didnt know that they had that wayy before i played xD

2 Likes