Patch 1.4 - Overview

Interested to know what’s coming in our next patch??

Well check out the latest Blog post at DQ News or Blog ( whichever format you like better )

We’re adding a good bit of content to this Patch, so let us know what you think and if you have any questions!

Wow, it took me a while to read the log. You were right when you said it’s going to be a big update :smile:
By the way, I have a few question. Can I hire a character with gold coin? And the characters, will they last forever or I have to ‘re-hire’ them?

While not 100% of our patch features and systems are final yet here is how it currently stands:

You can hire a character with gold.
They do not last forever, they have health amounts (this amount is healed when you pick up health or use a health potion)

I see, thank you for your answer :smile:

Hey sir can you add more fliir like300 ir more new items and monster thanks a lit i love this but im on 150 floor and my enemy us lvl 5 there getting weak.so pleaae add more floor thnks agaun hegeh

That’s quite the list, looking forward to testing it.

I noticed that there will be a setting for picking up items from the specified level and up. I hope that does mean that lower items, the ones you don’t need, are getting picked up and automatically identified and sold? Otherwise you still have to pickup everything and sell it manually, we don’t want to leave money behind, of course.

It would be perfect if youl make a floor of 599 or more ans.more.boss

[quote=“Oogje”]That’s quite the list, looking forward to testing it.

I noticed that there will be a setting for picking up items from the specified level and up. I hope that does mean that lower items, the ones you don’t need, are getting picked up and automatically identified and sold? Otherwise you still have to pickup everything and sell it manually, we don’t want to leave money behind, of course.[/quote]

It’s not an Auto-sell at the moment, just a way for higher level players to ignore certain pick ups since we Auto-pickup by default. Something like a sell all feature inside the inventory is what we’d like to happen at some point, but would have to make it smart enough to know which items you want to sell.

How about double click on items to select it (or a special button to activate the select function), after that you can hit the sell button?

[quote=“SteigerBox”][quote=“Oogje”]That’s quite the list, looking forward to testing it.

I noticed that there will be a setting for picking up items from the specified level and up. I hope that does mean that lower items, the ones you don’t need, are getting picked up and automatically identified and sold? Otherwise you still have to pickup everything and sell it manually, we don’t want to leave money behind, of course.[/quote]

It’s not an Auto-sell at the moment, just a way for higher level players to ignore certain pick ups since we Auto-pickup by default. Something like a sell all feature inside the inventory is what we’d like to happen at some point, but would have to make it smart enough to know which items you want to sell.[/quote]
In that case I don’t see the advantage. Not picking up those items would mean a definite dip in cashflow.

Wow that is a huge content patch!
Dungeon Quest is now finally be a fantastic game!

You do your job brilliantly!

[quote=“Oogje”][quote=“SteigerBox”][quote=“Oogje”]That’s quite the list, looking forward to testing it.

It’s not an Auto-sell at the moment, just a way for higher level players to ignore certain pick ups since we Auto-pickup by default. Something like a sell all feature inside the inventory is what we’d like to happen at some point, but would have to make it smart enough to know which items you want to sell.[/quote]
In that case I don’t see the advantage. Not picking up those items would mean a definite dip in cashflow.[/quote]

Oogje are you dutch? because I am.

You have to look at it like this: not picking up white items means more space for better stuff that’s worth more gold, it means you have to stop and sell less crap that’s worthless anyway.
I can say with 100% certainty that your cashflow will actually increase because in the same timespan you will now earn more gold, because the items you have are sold for much more and it more than covers the 100-500gold common items.

Also I’ve noticed the following now that I’ve been playing with 450%-500% luck I don’t even find any common items anymore they have all been upgraded to magic items, and I even find relatively few magic items now as well.
1 floor sometimes gives me a full bag of rares and above:)

I am Dutch, how did you tell? I believe my English isn’t ‘steenkolen Engels’ is it?

My builds don’t have the highest of luck, they’ve got some 150%, and yet almost everything is blue and higher. I sell 3 full bags in less than a minute, so it isn’t that much of a problem. But auto conversion to gold would still be nice. The middle way could be autoconversion without identifying gold and better items.

[quote=“Oogje”]I am Dutch, how did you tell? I believe my English isn’t ‘steenkolen Engels’ is it?

My builds don’t have the highest of luck, they’ve got some 150%, and yet almost everything is blue and higher. I sell 3 full bags in less than a minute, so it isn’t that much of a problem. But auto conversion to gold would still be nice. The middle way could be autoconversion without identifying gold and better items.[/quote]

The middle way sounds better yes, I think total auto selling kinda takes away what hack & slash is about.
And indeed it’s not Steenkolen english haha but you might note that “Oogje” couldn’t be more dutch because only the dutch use “verkleinwoorden” like “je” en “kje” hehe.
So busted!:stuck_out_tongue:

That was just what I was thinking! I find myself skipping over all the common items when I can avoid picking them up now, with this option it is much easier to avoid them all together. Also, with the hireling mechanic you don’t want their inventory to fill up with items you don’t want them to pick up either.

Will hirelings not take away the point of summoned minions ? anyways I love the idea but I’ve got a lot of question marks with this feature, but I will see once it’s available for testing.

Will hirelings not take away the point of summoned minions ? anyways I love the idea but I’ve got a lot of question marks with this feature, but I will see once it’s available for testing.[/quote]

In some ways they can, but overall it’s just a different dynamic having one of your characters fighting along side you. If they are weaker or have less protection, you might have to babysit them some, or if they are really tank-y, they will be able to stand the lines while you blast enemies from the back. Also you can’t kill them for health :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now you are only able to do Enemy Power 2 and above with a hired character assisting you, but that could change.

Will hirelings not take away the point of summoned minions ? anyways I love the idea but I’ve got a lot of question marks with this feature, but I will see once it’s available for testing.[/quote]

In some ways they can, but overall it’s just a different dynamic having one of your characters fighting along side you. If they are weaker or have less protection, you might have to babysit them some, or if they are really tank-y, they will be able to stand the lines while you blast enemies from the back. Also you can’t kill them for health :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now you are only able to do Enemy Power 2 and above with a hired character assisting you, but that could change.[/quote]

Yes I like the idea of having them in, but spiritmancer already feels very underpowered without having a better option like hirelings overshadowing them.

Yeah Spiritmancers need some love, which is one of the reasons why we’re giving Tome summoned minions a 25% boost to DMG and HP ( also makes it so there’s a difference between Recall and actually using your Tome to summon ). We want to give them a different summon type at some point as well, but likely won’t happen this patch.

Yeah Spiritmancers need some love, which is one of the reasons why we’re giving Tome summoned minions a 25% boost to DMG and HP ( also makes it so there’s a difference between Recall and actually using your Tome to summon ). We want to give them a different summon type at some point as well, but likely won’t happen this patch.[/quote]

it would be a good idea to make a difference between those summoned minions yes :smile: and 25% still seems too little to me but I haven’t tried getting an 100% spiritmancer geared wizard yet.
Right now I like that I got some recall on an item so the spirits can come between me and the monsters but that’s all they get 1 shotted and I just keep spawning more while attacking.
Oh and I think the spirit targeting system could use some work, they tend to attack the newest incoming enemy sometimes which is like all the way on the other side of the screen and they just all leave and the big pile of monsters suddenly turns to me:P I spend quite a bit of time running after them, trying to get a good placement.