Peridot minus item level (instead of add)

Hi… I recently change my class into mage… I have to delete my lvl 99 warrior because i have only 1 slot… I put my important item into storage like my main set of items and ms/cs… When i got level 50 alast instant imba mage… When i change my offhand and saw that it isnt lvl 100, its lvl 99. When i use peridot, a crystal that can add level…it instantly become lvl 85. I push apply many times out of frustration and it didnt even change again… Its stuck on level 85… Pls help

I’ve seen this happen before. My educated guess is as follows: The way the add level crystal works and is worded, is that it will raise the level by a random amount for the set range. That range is by one up to the maximum amount based on your level. With you already having the ilvl higher than your current level, is probably what caused it. Because although you can equip that item, you wouldn’t have found one naturally yet.

Examples:
If you are lvl 99 and have an ilvl 50 item that you use the lvl crystal on… you could end up with a 51, or if lucky, a 100.

If you were lvl 55 with that same item, you could get a 51, 52, 53, 54, or 55. BUT I don’t think you can surpass your current level. So, the bug is probably coming from it trying to identify its possible range and already being above its max value.

[quote=“Rubik”]
If you were lvl 55 with that same item, you could get a 51, 52, 53, 54, or 55. BUT I don’t think you can surpass your current level. So, the bug is probably coming from it trying to identify its possible range and already being above its max value.[/quote]
I think i-lvl is based on what the highest map level you’re currently on.

If that isn’t the case, my game is bugged!

A couple of days ago I decided to reroll my main char (slot 1) so I filled my stash with CS/MS to get some good items to start over with some extra power so to speak :wink:

As I pushed through the levels I simply upgraded the MH weapon with peridots. Just yesterday I reached map level 100 with character level 5X but by using peridots I could get my MH to 99 or 100 anyway.

Maybe I do have lvl and floor mixed up then. It has been awhile since I leveled.

I checked this on an alt character of mine. At lvl 70, floor 35, it reduced at item level to 46 for 3 separate items, and could not be raised further. At floor 62, ilvl can reach 84, and at floor 162 it was able to be maxed at 100(these aren’t the thresholds or minimums, just what I experienced at those three floors). I know there has to be a formula for a range to roll the items level from when it drops based on your floor, but I’m not sure what it is. The Peridot is semi working, as it’s putting you to the range that is available to you I think. But, it would be nice if it wouldn’t let you apply it if you are already exceeding its normal range.

Ow… Thanks for the reply everyone… Yeah its a floor issue… I default my hero on floir 101 when im not in challenge map. Thats why