Procs After 1.7

I’ve read some discussion on procs, but didn’t see anything regarding these questions.

If I have a proc for a skill from a different class, ex. Twister as a Warriorr, what level is that proc? Just a plain, meh lvl 1?

What if I have a proc from my own class, ex. Torrent as a Warrior, lvl 1 also? What if I have that skill with points in it, is the proc equivalent to its skill level, ie level 20 Torrent = level 20 Torrent proc?

Edit: I may have found some answers, but feel free to discuss anyway. [emoji14]

I think you’re mixing up things here.
A proc isn’t a skill, example :

• Twister (which is a skill, and actually, a “special”, because it’s a “2nd skill”)
  • Twister proc (which is a proc)

Now, everyone can have every procs, example :

• warrior with twister proc
  • wizard with stealth proc

Also, when you’re saying “what level is that proc?” it’s actually wrong, procs don’t have any level, they have a %, which is working like that :

• twister proc 25% (max value of the affix)
  • procs aren’t capped, so you can get 200% on a single proc

So now, you wanna know about twister as warrior, well it’s simple :

It’s casting a twister lvl 1 (dmg = 5%) and you can’t increase the perks by heroic skills, but you can increase the skill with the gear orange affixes : +4 twister, which will increase your twisters skills
So the skills are capped to 20 instead of 40 if you’re using them on another class, and I think it’s legit, even if we’re seeking for a huge diversity, I think it’s still legit to have limits of the diversity, otherwise it’s uselesss to have different classes :smile:

Tell me if I missed something or said something wrong :smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Diieter”][quote]
casting a twister lvl 1 (dmg = 5%) and you can’t increase the perks by heroic skills, but you can increase the skill with the gear orange affixes : +4 twister, which will increase your twisters skills
So the skills are capped to 20 instead of 40 if you’re using them on another class, and I think it’s legit, even if we’re seeking for a huge diversity, I think it’s still legit to have limits of the diversity, otherwise it’s uselesss to have different classes :smile:
[/quote][/quote]

now this clear things up…
I got it crystal clear diieter… tnx…:wink:

I know that a proc does not mean a skill. But, a proc is indeed activating a certain function. In this example, it is in fact a skill that it’s activating. So wether I’m activating the skill manually, or it’s an automated process, or “proc”, the outcome is the same. Swirly, shiny, colorful stuff. But whatever, semantics. Lol. :smile:

I think I poorly worded my question, but I also think you still answered it. Let me use my exact situation though just for thoroughness. I’m wanting to add a single proc affix to all my gear, is it more beneficial to pick a skill I naturally have as my class, a warrior. I’m thinking it would be, or as you’ve said, there wouldn’t be much diversity.

So if I pick to add Torrent procs (my favorite choice atm), and I have 20 heroic points and +20 to Torrent from affixes, will my Torrent Special be doing the same damage as my Torrent procs? There, I think I explained better this time. :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“Rubik”]
So if I pick to add Torrent procs (my favorite choice atm), and I have 20 heroic points and +20 to Torrent from affixes, will my Torrent Special be doing the same damage as my Torrent procs? There, I think I explained better this time. :smiley:[/quote]

Yep, the damage will be the same!

[quote=“SteigerBox”][quote=“Rubik”]
So if I pick to add Torrent procs (my favorite choice atm), and I have 20 heroic points and +20 to Torrent from affixes, will my Torrent Special be doing the same damage as my Torrent procs? There, I think I explained better this time. :smiley:[/quote]

Yep, the damage will be the same![/quote]
Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. :smile:

Well, glad to helped you well, but Steiger confirmed it :smile: