PVP and % stats

Hello guys,

Dont you think that % modifiers are threatet really bad by pvp, because there are cut twice.
Once because all other stats are cut, and second because all % stats are cut themself.

For me looks like all % stats are useless complely in pvp in current meta.

Two fast examples:

1. Damage
    Lets say I have that modifiers in PVE (lvl 99):
  • All flat
    base dmg + flat + flat + flat
    20000 + 5000 + 5000 + 5000 = 35000

• One %
    base dmg + flat + flat + proc
    20000 + 5000 + 5000 + 20% = 30000 * 1.2 = 36000

As you can se % affixes are better at some stage.

Now do the same for PVE (lvl 20):

• All flat
    4160 + 1040 + 1040 + 1040 = 7280

• One %
    4160 + 1040 + 1040 + 8% = 6240 * 1.08 = 6739,2

As you can se % affixes are never better :frowning:

1. Heal at hit:

PVE:
Lest say i have 100k hp.

Flat hp on hit is 400, and with 1% from mythic I will get 1000 per hit witch is much better.

PVP:
Im not sure what cap for HP will be but lest say its similar as rest of all so will be around 20k

Flat hp will be 89, and mythic will be capped to 0.3% witch will net us 60 witch again is way lower.

The same is for all % stats that I know.
Mayby there are some witch are usefull in PVP but if there are such they should be OP in PVE.

It is intended for affixes to be good at different systems.

The goal of pvp is not just to provide a different way to get gear, but also provide a completely different environment. You will use and do things completely different than in PVE. The gear you use for PVP will be very different from the gear you use in PVE.

% effects compound so you get exponential growth. Flat affixes do not compound making the numbers easier to manage.

[quote=“Ingwar”]Hello guys,

Dont you think that % modifiers are threatet really bad by pvp, because there are cut twice.
Once because all other stats are cut, and second because all % stats are cut themself.

For me looks like all % stats are useless complely in pvp in current meta.

Two fast examples:

1. Damage
    Lets say I have that modifiers in PVE (lvl 99):
  • All flat
    20000 + 5000 + 5000 + 5000 = 35000

• One %
    20000 + 5000 + 5000 + 20% = 30000 * 1.2 = 36000

As you can se % affixes are better at some stage.

Now do the same for PVE (lvl 20):

• All flat
    4160 + 1040 + 1040 + 1040 = 7280

• One %
    4160 + 1040 + 1040 + 8% = 6240 * 1.08 = 6739,2

As you can se % affixes are never better :frowning:

1. Heal at hit:

PVE:
Lest say i have 100k hp.

Flat hp on hit is 400, and with 1% from mythic I will get 1000 per hit witch is much better.

PVP:
Im not sure what cap for HP will be but lest say its similar as rest of all so will be around 20k

Flat hp will be 89, and mythic will be capped to 0.3% witch will net us 60 witch again is way lower.

The same is for all % stats that I know.
Mayby there are some witch are usefull in PVP but if there are such they should be OP in PVE.[/quote]
i realize this when i first play on PVP. checking all my stat affix… i found that % affix not go well there. that why im making and still on making my prototype rogue. that designed only for pvp. i will pull my wizard out from pvp after i complete my rogue build. believe me. that rogue will be badass.

HINT: it will sting from your back…

[quote=“Clogon”]It is intended for affixes to be good at different systems.

The goal of pvp is not just to provide a different way to get gear, but also provide a completely different environment. You will use and do things completely different than in PVE. The gear you use for PVP will be very different from the gear you use in PVE.

% effects compound so you get exponential growth. Flat affixes do not compound making the numbers easier to manage.[/quote]

I totally aggre that eq should be different for PVP and PVE, but so far all % stats are just not usable at all at PVP, and I thinkt its a waste of affixes and possibilities.

[quote=“Ingwar”]
I totally aggre that eq should be different for PVP and PVE, but so far all % stats are just not usable at all at PVP, and I thinkt its a waste of affixes and possibilities.[/quote]

Not all, just most and you will have to calculate at which point something is better. Let’s look at ED% for example.

Epic = 8% in pvp totally useless
Legend = 24% still pretty useless
Eternal legend = 48% now this one is interesting. You will need 2167+ WD which is an Eternal WD!

% affixes are still good depending on the affix.