PvP Questions Thread

Msiiek - how did you find out all this info? Just from reading the forums for a while or is there a particular PvP thread? Gosh I feel like Iā€™m so in the dark on the less-than-obvious facts about PvPā€¦

With PvE itā€™s easy cause you can just look at your stats pages and see the numerical differences, but with PvP itā€™s like youā€™re working in the dark

Iā€™m working on a ricochet build thatā€™s why Iā€™m having so much trouble against Cerebral Vortex. No opponent without it has beaten me so far, but almost all that have it beat me lol

@JesusSaves its kinda hard to dodge cerebral vortex build if ur an auto attack build ā€¦ try using bomb as oh so u can dodge those tornades using vault. specially if ur using glasscanon youll be an easy target for them

i actually face someone yesterday with ricochet build and he had cerebral lol. i think its a mandatory now to have cerebral vortex in what ever build u do in pvp lol.

i face warrior with cerebral vortex bonus affix and with like lvl 20 torrent lol . when der torrent proc by cerebral deals tons of dmg zzzz

Thanks Rok I agree with you, Iā€™ve made it my challenge to try to stick it out as best I can lol

Regarding what you said about the lvl 20 Torrent on a warrior you faced, I was under the impression that our Hero Points in our skills didnā€™t transfer over to PvP :open_mouth:

Andā€¦ Iā€™m also wondering, is there a cap on damage reduction % in PvP?

@JesusSaves really ? so hero point skill lvl does not count in pvp? or it is just nerf?

thanks for the info though ā€¦ about reduction cap in pvp i think skaul posted somewhere inforum all the stat cap on pvp try to find it ithink its still here on forum?

1 Like

From playing and forum. Was giving up also but then I have read on forum that draw increased power and never surrendered again.

Overall, play, ask and read. You will know everything about the game (almost :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Hero points are not working in PvP, but points from items like +5 torrent work.

There is no damage reduction cap. Here is the Skaul PvP cap list:

3 Likes

@Msiiek tnx dude ur like an information broker of dq lol

1 Like

Game is really good so I learned about the game much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay Iā€™m probably thinking about this wrong but Iā€™ll ask anyway. So if I have 100% damage reduction, does that actually give me full immunity to opponents attacks? Probably not Iā€™m guessing.

But as Iā€™m looking at itā€¦ With Equivalence Mythic I can get 50% DR, then another 20% from Deadly Arts Set, and the remaining 30% from somewhere else Iā€™m sure. So just wondering how this would effect my defensive capabilities

@JesusSaves actually der is a calculation for stacking dmg reduc. its not that u add all value of ur dmg reduc = ur exact dmg reduc against opponent ā€¦ i read it somewhere ithink skaul posted something about the proper calculation for dmg reduc. try to find it here in forum (correct me if im wrong)

There is no cap for damage reduction but the only way too reach 100% is by having the dauntless mythic and having 100 enemies within 10 yards of you otherwise the way damage is calculated will just always inch you closer to 100% with out ever giving it to you

1 Like

Got it, thanks Grif!

I just have 2 other questions then, one is related one unrelated.

1. Does anyone know the equation for Damage Reduction? Iā€™d like to see what the optimal % would be before it dips too low.

2. In PvP if my opponentā€™s Cerebral Vortex activates when I hit him, can it proc my Cerebral Vortex to activate on him too? In other words, does CV proc CV?

Yes! :grin:
The formula for damage reduction is as simple as all sources of damage reduction multiplied by each other so letā€™s say you have 40% damage reduction and 30% damage reduction both separate from each other thatā€™s as simple as (enemy damage dealt)x.7x.6 as for the formulas for armour and resists they can both be found in the codex and are accurate have fun with your calculations!

Also yes the torrents spawned by an enemies CV can proc your CV and vice versa in fact this was very interesting when CV first came out because there was no cap on the number of torrents CV could spawn with in a period of time so youā€™d just end up with hundreds of pages of arena logs and it was fantastic, hilarious, and extremely fun but definitely broken as hell!

Hope that helps out :relaxed::+1:

1 Like

thanks again :slight_smile: -

I also have been wondering for a while now, how does MP Absorb work? does it function just like Dmg Reduction (ie the % absorbed is also reducted dmg?)

I was wondering too. With alchemy mythic it should work as % reduction but without it I donā€™t know. For sure it recover your mana :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I already answered this in another thread. Heroic points are PVE only.

1 Like

Players have no elemental weakness.

1 Like

Does anyone know how Crushing Blow operates in PvP? 'Cause it doesnā€™t appear to be taking 25% of my opponentā€™s current HP awayā€¦

I donā€™t remember exact values but someone posted that crushing blow % hp depends on the rarity of the mob. And the players are really rare monsters :stuck_out_tongue: I think itā€™s probably something like ~1%.

25%^ enemy rarity
2 magic
3 rare
4 epic
5 Legend
6 mythic

Player is probably epic+ type so max crushing blow damage is 0.4% hp or less but Iā€™m not sure.

1 Like

i feel like crushing blow is kinda useless inn pvp i tested it. even fighting 200k hp opponent still deal low dmg.

1 Like