Question about changing an item's special skill

If I change an item’s special skill, do the points you applied to the original skill now apply to the new special skill? If not, then is the only way to enhance that skill thru rolling crystals?

the short answer… no.

if the skill is from a different class, you will have to roll the +to skill* affixes… but at no point ever will the points from one skill just go to another

2 Likes

in addition to what @ObiWanKenobi said, in addition to the + to skills affixes, the only other way to increase another classes special skill is to have a pet with that skill affix on it. like if you had a Warrior, and you had Smoke Bomb on your OH, if your pet has the Epic affix +1-10 Smoke Bomb, it would help the skill on the OH. so a +10 Smoke Bomb on your pet, and 2x +5 to all skills on your items, you would have +20 for your Smoke Bomb Special skill.

2 Likes

For example my warrior has nearly 90 percent earthshatter proc on attack. I dropped an eternal pet with 20 earthshatter. The proc alone gives me 10 to that skill. With the pet it becomes 30 with not one point investment

1 Like

i get it now so there are some round about ways. awesome. Thanks guys for the info

1 Like