Rogue looking for PVE guidance, Ascension done 2x, Not enough damage

Hello fellow adventurers,

I’ve read quite a few of the posts here and on Reddit, I’m looking for some help on how to progress. I’ve made it to Mythic 3 Floor 346 and do okay if I keep moving, can likely go further. But I just had 2 legendary monsters spawn in a legend map run and after a few million gold of respawns had to quit the stage as I couldn’t kill them. :sob: Other times I’ve been able to use obstacles to slowly drop their health but this map didn’t have anything that could help and I can’t take a hit or I die.

Have never crafted any of the Mythics yet, have completed 2 Ascensions for pickup radius and Heroic level -25%. I think I could convert all my gems to give a Boomerang the Bombard talent, but not sure if that’s enough? (as mentioned above, I’ve never done anything with crystals/mythstones yet).

Thank you in advance, I’ll answer any questions and appreciate all advice!

Pictures of my current gear:

Are using +2 sets (x2)? That alone will help a lot. (Look for Stone of Nadroji and Nadroji’s Crystal.) (And different sets to maximize the +Sets bonus?)

Aside from that, we probably need more information.

get your Gold find and Luck maxed to 650% on the Stat Page, and just farm levels 100-200 for loot you can use later to make better equipment to climb the floors with. if you don’t have room on your gears for the Gold and Luck, just put Hero Points into the Fortune Skill and get more loot that way, and later put Gold and Luck on your gears, and switch the Points in Fortune to other Skills that will help with Attacking or Defense. if you are going for more Perks, you will need Quest Stones eventually, as you will need a lot of experience the more Perks you want, especially if you are going for all 6. experience for monsters stops increasing at floor 100, so if you go higher, it just gets harder to get the experience that you could get easier at the lower floors.
this is what I did, and I was able to learn a lot about what the affixes all did, built up my Crystals, and using or converting Myth Stones will give a chance to reveal parts of the Mythic Recipes.

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that. I tried editing the original post but it doesn’t seem to let me. My account is probably too new or something atm.

Pictures of my current gear:

Biggest tips are:

1. Get another +2 Sets; it’ll be worth it. (Stone of Nadroji works well, but then you have to give up one of your other equipments if you wish to keep Vampiric Touch. Which, when you have +4 All Sets, you aren’t really losing anything anyway.)
  2. Vampiric Touch is nice for a lot of HP, but it sets your HP Regen = 0, which I find a bit on the problematic side.
  3. Periphery is a really fun set affix, but I’m not sure it’s worth it in terms of damage. At the very least, I wouldn’t recommend having so many pieces of gear. (Which again, if you take my advice and add an additional +2 Sets to your gear, you aren’t losing anything by dropping 1 or 2 pieces of Periphery from your build.)
  4. A super easy way to increase the effectiveness of your build is to use emeralds, diamonds, and flourites. Any quality value above 5% tends to work well, and if you want perfect rolls on epic affixes, 10-15% IQ is probably all you really need. Some common maxes for epic affixes include (just so you get the idea): +7500 HP, 10 Boomerang, +100% Weapon DMG%, +5000 Weapon DMG, +15% Attack Speed, +10% Dodge, +20% Arcane DMG%, et cetera. Use flourites to reroll individual epic affixes to their max values.
  5. I don’t really understand why you are using the Ninja set. Chakrams don’t benefit from QuickStrike in any way, and quite frankly, BlinkStrike probably makes it easier for you to die. Replace it with another set. You could try Trickster. (I don’t remember what it does, but it works pretty well with chakrams.)
  6. If you want increased survivability, try sets like Permafrost (for MP Absorb), Plagued (Health Boost), and Fuan’s Gift (You would need to Jasper a Warrior item) are great choices.
  7. Another way to increase survivability is to simply add some +7500 HP affixes to your gear.
  8. Don’t be afraid to use crystals and mythostones. In fact, use them frequently. Sapphires in particular are really nice, and at floors above 300, Sapphires are pretty common drops. Mess around with the affixes on items and see what you like. (Also, I recently posted a Chakram build that you may like. Go check it out!)

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback! I’ve read these tips over and over through the past week and they made a huge difference for my gameplay! Pushed up to 437 on Mythic 3 and not really having much trouble. Legend enemies take forever to kill, but was able to do it still. Unfortunately, now I’ve spawned 2x Mythic enemies and have had to quit against both of them. :skull_and_crossbones: Really devastated by that… but someday maybe.

Looked over your guide on the Chakram Knight @Ircher, have a million questions about it, figured a lot of them out myself, I think, but would you mind if I PM’d you a question or two before I make the build? I don’t want to mess it up.

1 Like

Use some calcite to make everything the same element of your choice, and when you click an item, it will say *** of luck, *** of greed, *** of the elements, etc. You can use some beryl to change these but as you are an early player i would recommend luck or greed, but of the elements will increase damage more

1 Like

Or you could go for a high item find build with eternal, crystalline, nadroji and epiphany set

1 Like

But then you would have to stick to lower floors