Skill cost

question:
does the skill cost for scattershot increase? coz i cant cast it with having 6500 mo. So i geared up bloodmagic, thats when i can start using the said skill.
but still its cutting my hp in half or more…

after scattershot
[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1417843278676.jpg[/attachment]

before scattershot
[attachment=1]uploadfromtaptalk1417843318215.jpg[/attachment]

one more question…
if i spend heroic skill on ricochet, will the decrease in skill cost be global or just for ricochet…
thanks… :smile:

The cost of a skill when using Blood Magic is x3… so that can account for it taking a big chunk of HP if it’s combined with an “expensive” skill.

Most of the bonuses from skills apply only to that skill (such as the movement speed bonus from Whirlwind only applying when you are actually whirlwinding, I believe) but check it out – there’s no guarantee that what happens for one skill is always true of other skills and other effects.

[quote=“Zierham”]The cost of a skill when using Blood Magic is x3… so that can account for it taking a big chunk of HP if it’s combined with an “expensive” skill.

Most of the bonuses from skills apply only to that skill (such as the movement speed bonus from Whirlwind only applying when you are actually whirlwinding, I believe) but check it out – there’s no guarantee that what happens for one skill is always true of other skills and other effects.[/quote]
Where does it say that. I never heard of/knew that. The description for Blood Magic says nothing about increasing the cost.

Unless it has changed in 1.7 it has been that way since I started playing… I think it’s just that the dictionary entry misses this - prior descriptions of set effects on the board did describe it. I’ll note it in the testing feedback thread for Steiger to incorporate.

Scattershot does seem to cost more now. Had to look because i leech it all back with the attack, but it drops almost all my mana if i miss. Using around 4k mana per shot(guessing from mana bar)

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 63
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58

Remember the cost also scales with the ilvl of your weapon, so if you recently upgraded weapons (either changing it or using a peridot) that would directly account for an increased cost. Otherwise it may just be the 3x from Blood Magic?

Remember the cost also scales with the ilvl of your weapon, so if you recently upgraded weapons (either changing it or using a peridot) that would directly account for an increased cost. Otherwise it may just be the 3x from Blood Magic?[/quote]

Not using bloodmagic. And haven’t upgradef the lvl since patch. The usage is more like 8k now that I’ve been paying attention.

Definitely been an icrease in 1.7 either intentionally or unintenionally.

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 63
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58

guess ill switch back to my bow… but still look for ways to decrease skill cost… thanks…

Scattershot definitely increased – takes about half my mp bar (i got like 12000 and pistol is lv 90-99) now…

that why my 6500 mp is not enough to cast it… :unamused:

To see your mp cost, check on your weapon the value of MP requiered

Well, the item description says 328 mp. Using a bit over 8000 when I actually use scattershot.

So…

I only want to know if this was intentional or a bug? The answer will determin how I progress my build.

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 70
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58

The value on your weapon is only showing the primary skill cost, I don’t know how to see the secondaries cost, but it’s not the same.

My axe says cost is 1820. Which makes sense because I can Cleave 21 times with 40k health (Blood Magic). But I can only Whirlwind 7 times. So that’s roughly 3x the cost.

[quote=“Rubik”]The value on your weapon is only showing the primary skill cost, I don’t know how to see the secondaries cost, but it’s not the same.

My axe says cost is 1820. Which makes sense because I can Cleave 21 times with 40k health (Blood Magic). But I can only Whirlwind 7 times. So that’s roughly 3x the cost.[/quote]

Agreed that you can’t see second cost, but the way I’m figureing it out, scattershot is costing 20x the mainhanf cost. That’s a bit excessive imo

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 70
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58