Slight change too masochism

Remove resource orbs healing you when you have masochism equipped if you pick up a couple of them at the same time while you are right above 50% hp they can sometimes instantly kill you

1 Like

Or just probably removed the part where it could insta-kill you when you pick couple of orbs at the same time, (I really think this has to be a bug)

I think the affix should work as non-lethal as intended…
Its like you need to sell your soul everytime you pick up chest loots (lol) due to dying cuz of it.

Exactly lmao

U use masochism to boost the damage when u have your HP below 75%, it’s great combination with defiant. So while your damage is higher when u have low HP, why u need to collect resources orb, aren’t they will make your damage output lower.?

IMO great affix like masochism should have that risk or being complicated to use property or need to invest more to use it without risk.

*For your problem being killed by resources orb, (that the risk), u can just use resourceful mythic on ring to make resources orby deal % mh damage instead healing your hp and mp, (like I said invest more to use it without risk) it worth of 1 slot affix tho

1 Like

It isn’t much of a problem for me it’s a problem exclusive too the cartographer reward chest because of being eternal ascension with the pick up radius bonus so it’s not really so much as a risk as a potential revive (wich is just the free one cause I never die otherwise) for no reason once you’ve already beat the map it’s more of something that’s just sort of annoying with out actually adding anything too the gameplay unlike TNT props and skyfall(definitely build depending though cause for some builds they just literally don’t matter) which atleast can add interesting dodging depending on your build I would be happy too see something that makes masochism more unique too use however :smile:

Like I said it should have a risk, if u enjoy killing thing or at least have a good time using it to kill carto then it’s good enough, it don’t have to be more unique or always happen just the way u want or favor, why don’t u think how to overcome that instead of asking some change on it. Lol.

OK first of all chronos the point here is that there is nothing too overcome it is simply a random chance that I click an extra button once that effectively does absolutely nothing
Secondly it does have a risk you effectively invest /half/ of your effective HP too use it and you need too build and play around that
Thirdly look at the adventurer affix it is objectively better by such a large marigin even with out masochism insta killing you on occasion it has an incredibly simple requirement too fulfill and it does literally nothing too harm your survivability this is not too say that all affixes and ability’s should be created equal
And finally it is what we would call bad game design too instantly kill a player in a manner that feels unfair consistently and repeatedly and there really aren’t any examples of bad game design in dungeon quest it’s a pretty fantastic game with pretty damn good design so over all I assume this is mostly just a thing that wasn’t caught in testing and was in 0 way intentional
(Sorry if I come off as harsh I just woke up and am surrounded by very loud and annoying people)

1 Like

Have you never played Dark Souls…?

Be nice, guys. :wink:

Actually dark souls was gonna be a thing I could use too prove my point : P dark souls may kill you a bunch but it’s pretty much always completely fair and feels that way all in all however this discussion is probably a moot point however because it feels more like something that was just missed in testing cause right now literally any type of healing can potentially kill you if it happens at the same time as another so it will likely-ish be fixed with the next bug fix patch

There is thing to overcome = the risk

there the risk = so u have to overcome it by crafting, setup around that or use something else to cover it like having 100% glasscannon, the way u cover it is by using manasheild if u are wizard, use [40] stealth +45% CD reduced if u are rogue eth eth

Why compare with the other,? It have different mechanism lol, but then even the advanturer have risk, u only get damage / movement speed bonus when u have gold indicator count the gold u loot, if u unable to kill, there is no gold drop except from the bush,crate,chest and from ground if u use hound pet to dig it, no gold drop= no gold loot = no gold indicator = no damage/m.speed bonus = waste 1 slot

Ppl, Still build Permastealth regardless of the cd nerfs and veil nerf because
“It is worth the risk”. Basically unkillable, sure 100% glasscanon might leave you with 1 hp but at the cause of “Invincibility” and “consistent huge damage”

and also Adventurer gives a chunk of damage and ms for just maintaining gold… its pretty much impossible to be unable to kill anything thats why the damage and movespeed is there to work with…
(gold is everywhere)
For Example, Momentum gives decent to good damage, whether you invest on ms legend affix or not. besides it synergizes with Adventurer without so much risk at all… You invest for the ms speed because it would make Momentum more effective…

Meanwhile suggesting Resourceful mythic in order “just” to prevent dying from resource orbs when using Masochism which pretty much just gives the same damage as Adventurer anyway…

Damage from resource orbs are pretty much just useful in a pack size maps. What the point of the damage from the orbs when the you need to kill the enemy to get one in the first place??

Griffin’s point is that Adventurer just gives the same amount of damage as Masochism but it doesnt even require dying or even using a “Mythic” to prevent dying…

I dont know if Masochism works with 100% Glasscannon anyway. Its Best to keep it at somehow 90%.

u dont understand my point i guess, like u said permastealth is worth it, i agreed with that, but how many slot u need to invest to make it worth.? 1 slot each on MH and OH, 3 slot anywhere, (Ă—2 +5 all skill, Ă—2 +5 stealth and +45% Cd reduced) it cost 5 slot to use it without risk and that is what u need to invest, just like masochism u need to invest some CS and MS to make resourcesful mythic on ring (NOT TO DEAL DAMAGE WITH THE ORB) but simply to prevent orb from healing u and kill u that all.

Advanturer, yes gold is everywhere, that is when u kill those mobs, destroy crate, bush eth, but then legend-mythic mob appear after u complete feat, basically it usually happen after all the mobs around killed, there will be no gold anywhere if u have fortunate perk (pickup radius will pick it if u in the range) or use hound as pet, it will loot even if u want keep it for later, so basically u will have to kill that mobs high rarity mobs without adventurer effect, (this the risk) u can prevent it by using ranged attack not use hound, eth eth.

U also need to consider the environment, permastealth, adventurer only viable on pve while masochism viable for both in arena (no resources orb no risk) and pve (need to invest more to prevent resources orb)

Advanturer less risky but only viable in pve
masochism more risky but viable on both pve and arena

Like I said don’t compare between them, it have different mechanism

I think Griffin is just talking on a Pure PVE perspective… but yea,
not like there’s any resource orb in PVP anyway…

Aside from the +5 stealth, and 45% Cd, + 10 skills is already pretty good. At least it provides useful stats… and its actually a balanced stuff… I dont see anything wrong with spending slots for that. (IMO, thats how its supposed to be)

Advanturer, yes gold is everywhere, that is when u kill those mobs,
destroy crate, bush eth, but then legend-mythic mob appear after u
complete feat, basically it usually happen after all the mobs around
killed, there will be no gold anywhere if u have fortunate perk (pickup
radius will pick it if u in the range) or use hound as pet, it will loot
even if u want keep it for later, so basically u will have to kill
that mobs high rarity mobs without adventurer effect, (this the risk) u
can prevent it by using ranged attack not use hound, eth eth.

Thats not really a hard risk tbh… lf you could spawn Legend and Mythic enemies “very often”, then Adventurer pretty much does its job very well already…

just like masochism u need to invest some CS and MS to make resourcesful
mythic on ring (NOT TO DEAL DAMAGE WITH THE ORB) but simply to prevent
orb from healing u and kill u that all.

exactly, that is the point, The only thing you use on Resourceful mythic is the damage prevention, which felt,
…well compared to the other Ring Mythics… y’know?
Its not that I’m against Resourceful Mythics as the solution.
Im against the fact that you are somewhat forced to build only Resourceful Mythic for Masochism if you dont want to die multiple times…
you could build 100% Glasscannon, with Smokescreen affix plus bomb procs plus other procs (if planning for a proc build anyway), instead of perma-stealth.

If we talk about PVP, there’s no point in putting resourceful mythic with Masochism.

“My whole take in this topic”
There should be no Affix that actually kills the hero by itself…
I mean, there should be plenty of ways to tweak masochism without including death as a cost.
might as well put a 0.5 sec cooldown in picking resource orbs.

I might be missing something here, how does picking orb sometimes kill you when you have Masochism?

Yea… I think it’s about the builds, where you have 10k hp :slight_smile:

Masochism makes healy things damage you instead when you’re above 50% health. Health orbs heal what, 1/3 of your health? Something like that.

Say you’re at 55% health. You walk into a pile of loot that has 2 health orbs in it, picking them up at the same time. Because you’re above 50%, they damage you. Both damaging you does 33+33=66% damage, so you die.

@Griffin012 is arguing that this is ridiculous. Masochism has purposeful drawbacks and that’s fine, but this makes it so you can’t pick up any loot pile with more than one health orb in it. His suggestion is add this to Masochism’s description: “Health orbs no longer heal”. That’s not the only possible solution, but the request to make orbs not kill you seems reasonable.

1 Like

thanks for explaining. ^^ that only means bad combination of affixes. Masochism is already a nice set as it is.

Sorry about the crankiness of my last comment I am no longer sleep deprived and surrounded by loud people : P actually chronos the thing about this is that I am using a permanent stealth rogue it still kills you when I use it on my mana shield wizard again still kills you and finally 100% glass Canon doesn’t fulfill the requirements for masochism too activate making masochism a waste of a slot hope this helps you understand why it seems kind of strange and wrong for masochism too be killing you the way it currently does :smile:

Yes exactly and honestly simply adding “healing affects cannot kill you but will simply leave you with 1 health if they would kill you” is honestly probably a better solution as sometimes if you have a lot of HP steal and get a whole bunch of enemies together and hit them with say a meteor it will also kill you :smile:

Hehehehe nope I wish : P you can have a 100 million HP and still have resource orbs kill you when you have masochism equipped :smile: