Suggestion: Hireling AI improvement

Warriors spamming fear, Rogues spamming vault, Wizard spamming Mana shield. We all had annoyances with our hireling. I know that devs are busy with the game’s balance and fixing bugs that AI might not be that high in your priorities. So here’s my suggestion: Give us the option how often the hireling uses MH/OH primary/special skills.

e.g:
Mainhand

primary: high
special: low

Offhand

primary: Do not Use
special: high

With this little addition, Im sure it will improve the game experience for new and veteran players’ alike while not being that time consuming to implement

And defense or offense. They stick close or go off on their own.

Oh yes. How could I forget.

Offense and Defense might be too vague though. How about Stay in back/Go in front.

I know this suggestion has been taken to consider by stieger on an old thread. He said it been considered. :wink:

We’re actually developing this sort of control, and should be ready for Patch 1.9. :smile:

[quote=“JTmon”]Warriors spamming fear, Rogues spamming vault, Wizard spamming Mana shield. We all had annoyances with our hireling. I know that devs are busy with the game’s balance and fixing bugs that AI might not be that high in your priorities. So here’s my suggestion: Give us the option how often the hireling uses MH/OH primary/special skills.

e.g:
Mainhand

Offhand

With this little addition, Im sure it will improve the game experience for new and veteran players’ alike while not being that time consuming to implement[/quote]

I think you need to rethink your suggestion; perhaps the ability to adjust what the AI does, but personally, I’m not fond of never using off-hand primary.
Throw (hatchet) does good damage for example and is not annoying. Shield bash isn’t bad either…

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“JTmon”]Warriors spamming fear, Rogues spamming vault, Wizard spamming Mana shield. We all had annoyances with our hireling. I know that devs are busy with the game’s balance and fixing bugs that AI might not be that high in your priorities. So here’s my suggestion: Give us the option how often the hireling uses MH/OH primary/special skills.

e.g:
Mainhand

Offhand

With this little addition, Im sure it will improve the game experience for new and veteran players’ alike while not being that time consuming to implement[/quote]

I think you need to rethink your suggestion; perhaps the ability to adjust what the AI does, but personally, I’m not fond of never using off-hand primary.
Throw (hatchet) does good damage for example and is not annoying. Shield bash isn’t bad either…[/quote]
He’s saying he wants to have settings like that that can be changed. Not that that is how every hireling should behave. Adjustable by player, so you can turn off any skill if you want to.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

The current AI is so bad. I give the hireling a ranged weapon yet it never uses it! It just stands there and does nothing. Even when the enemy is in “melee range”, it just runs away. When furies are falling from the sky, in runs into the landing area, Scattershots the air, and dies from impact while the furies are untouched… It really likes to Scattershot the air. Instead of turning to face the enemy then using specials, it wastes HP/MP by using them on nothing in the wron direction. Why can’t it just stand there and shoot at max range? :frowning: Needless to say, I look forward to the AI i provements.

I really hope they fix the Fury/mudworm issue. The AI (auto target, hireling and Guidedshot) should never target them until they can be damaged. Heck, it should avoid Immune units too!

I use a warrior tank that does a good job of standing in front of me. It’s the only way I can kill untargetable cartographers.

to me the AI are even worst at range attack, i see them mostly shoot then move forward a bit, shoot move forward REPEAT

I prefer have an option to choose how often for AI to use their main/off-hand skills