Summon/command needs to be overhauled. it isnt viable

I recently had a string of eternals drop that summon damage approaching 200 % just from gear. This doesnt inclide skill points or prowess.

Currently i have summon and command at 35 skill points each. With skulldraga at 20 for the additional summon damage. Nadroji,summoner,spiritmaster,plagued (minions can elemental crit) and adventurer are my set bonuses. I have prowess and boost at 30.

I am not maxed out everywhere but im not undergeared.

Thats said this build does maybe 5-7% of every other build ive tried. Especially my skullshield skull draga build. I mention that since they are essentially pets.

The problem lies in the fact minions scale horribly. Summon damage at does very little and i have a ton. What needs to happen is summon and command ned to work exactly like skullshield and skulldraga do.

Remove summon damage and summon haste and summon hp from the game. And let minions benefit from stats and set bonuses the same way the skulls do. While at the same time not allowing procs to work off summon attacks the same way skulls dont cause procs.

In its current state a summon build isnt viable. Its by far the weakest build you can make of all 3 classes. Fix it cause running 10 deep with pets should be fun.

The only thing I agree with you, is the summon red affixes aren’t worth it (you get far better results from WD and ED). I based my summoner on talents, and it scales really well. The defensive capabilities are indeed low, but you can use sacrifice to take advantage of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“McEna”]The only thing I agree with you, is the summon red affixes aren’t worth it (you get far better results from WD and ED). I based my summoner on talents, and it scales really well. The defensive capabilities are indeed low, but you can use sacrifice to take advantage of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]
but yet believe me. with Necromancer talent in current beta rev 3379 (Monster set lvl equal to floor) on mythic 3. u will always die.

[quote=“McEna”]The only thing I agree with you, is the summon red affixes aren’t worth it (you get far better results from WD and ED). I based my summoner on talents, and it scales really well. The defensive capabilities are indeed low, but you can use sacrifice to take advantage of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Talents have a cap. Plus in a summon build all of yoir gear affixes are wasted except health cause nothing scales with or procs off of minions. All of yor set bonuses are wasted to as things like momentum,rage blood magic adventurer etc etc do othing for summons (unlike skulls)

With a skullshield build you can benefit from talents as well as gear stats. And how does wd and ed benefit a minion build those stats do nothing for summon or command (unlike sulls).

My point is remove the summon affixes from the game and have summns deal 100% weapon damage have cmmand deal 300%. And alow yoir minions to benefit from things like crit crit damage and ED, again just like skulls do.

[quote=“jaym7018”]
Talents have a cap. Plus in a summon build all of yoir gear affixes are wasted except health cause nothing scales with or procs off of minions. All of yor set bonuses are wasted to as things like momentum,rage blood magic adventurer etc etc do othing for summons (unlike skulls)[/quote]

You are misinformed. Everything that shows up in the stat page (armour, crit ,regen, and etc.) is inherited. McEna is fully correct when he said Epic affixes generally give you more benefits as they boost both you and your summons.

If a set directly increases your DMG (in the stat page), like momentum, bloodmagic and etc., it will increase the DMG of all summoned units. Skullshield are summoned units too. They are no different from Minions, same with Skulldraga. The only reason why Skullshield does more dmg is because it is set to 300% (Skulldraga is 500%) and is boosted by Timewarp while Summon only does 150%. What Minions do to make up for it is that they deal AoE DMG (2.0 change) while the Skulls are single target. Minions also attack a lot faster as they are affected by your AS and the Summon AS buff with NO cap.

@Cronos:
It depends on how you build your char. How tanky your char is has very little to do with what skill you are using. Only stealth and shield wall increase your tankiness.

They are absolutely different from skulls. Skulls say right in their description they deal weapon damage summon and command do not. Weapon damage does nothing for summon and command its why summon damage and summon haste exist.

Skulls and minions are absolutely not the same thing.

I mean think about it why would summon damage and summon haste exist if they benefitted from ed and wd. And if thats they case why dont we have red affixes for sprint or or any other abilities. Why would only summons get the benefit of their own dedicated stat.

Guys, I’ve already told you, ED and WD work with summon & command. Try this:
Delete or change the summon red affixes from the weapon.
Add ED and WD. Don’t modify the talent bonuses.
Check the status window.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“jaym7018”]They are absolutely different from skulls. Skulls say right in their description they deal weapon damage summon and command do not. Weapon damage does nothing for summon and command its why summon damage and summon haste exist.

Skulls and minions are absolutely not the same thing.[/quote]

Like I said, McEna is correct and you are wrong. All skills that do damage is always based on your DMG. Barrage and etc does not mention WD/DMG do you think they use something else for their calculations too?

Summon haste and summon dmg exists as a way to further boost your summons. Beyond what you can do to boost yourself.

Summoners are viables in pvp, but they are indeed very weak in pve :smile:

So just to clarify and wrap this up.

I should put my stats into power and get max damage weapon to make my minions stronger?

U can use your talent that your damage will divery to minions… :slight_smile:

Please do not necro bump and create a new thread.