The Question Thread

1. “Ascendant is of course how you place the arcane debuff but Arcanist just extends it” -> you meant the opposite here, I guess.
    So, Arcanist still works alone (+20% dmg), right? It’s just less efficient than with Ascendant.
    Doesn’t it also work well with Resistance modifiers, instead of Asc? (Weaken, IR)
  • ok, Enshrined it is then, thanks.

• I use Manashield, so I’m not sure if Nova or Vanish are that useful.

• ah I see. Well, I only have 1 Elixir, so crafting a replacement is out of the question for now. Ty.

Arcanist just doesn’t give the 20% total damage debuff without ascendant. In other words, it doesn’t work alone. For the Arcanist bonus effect to even work, you need ascendant for that And the ability to crit

Ascendant is basically an arcane dot (debuff over time) and the default duration is like 1 second but Arcanist extends the arcane debuff ascendant gives and only then, it applies the 20% total damage debuff per enemy when you crit. I tried an Arcanist build without ascendant but it doesn’t work at all.

With hirlings, Arcanist effect is 2× more powerful because if hirling and main character attack, the debuff stacks like shock. You need ascendant and Arcanist on both characters for that to happen though and of course crit.

The reason why I chose weaken because the ascendant effect already gives 62.5% reduce resists when the arcane debuff is placed over the enemies and it syncs well with Arcanist 20% total damage per enemy. It might as well be ignore resist or maybe superior because of 25% more damage on the enemies the element is superior to. the effective mythic can work very well with this combo if you have the space which is awesome too.

Also, you can just use ignore resist for some Arcanist with ascendant builds. Remember, Arcanist doesn’t function at all without ascendant.

Arcanist also doesn’t work with elements set as elements set isn’t an arcane Dot (debuff over time).

1 Like

Is it possible to get +set red affix by using a ruby ?

Nope. The red +all sets affix only appears on legends such as Nadroji ring/amulet as well as haunted amulet. The Elixir Mythstone though can get you +all sets affix on any ring or amulet if you have enough of them. when you play emouth DQ on high floors, Elixirs and other mythstones can come easy sooner or later (takes a few month or weeks of gameplay). Blind farming or not, you will get some quickly. Of course the vanity shop also helps give some when you have enough gold to spend.

1 Like

Arcanist just […] doesn’t work alone […] you need ascendant […]
Ascendant is basically an arcane dot (debuff over time) and the default duration is like 1 second but Arcanist extends the arcane debuff

What? This isn’t explained at all in the codex… :\

Ascendent:
“Increases all Resists and Prismatic effect by (rank12,5)%. Reduces enemy’s other resists by (rank12,5)% when applying Arcane effect.”
Sounds like a weird Resistance modifier. No debuff duration extension.

Arcanist (no entry in the wiki)
“Applies Arcane Debuff on all Crits. Each enemy with Arcane Debuff increases Total DMG by (rank*X)%”
Sounds like this is applying the debuff alone.

Ikr. I was confused too and super shocked when I tried it out. This explanation I said I guarantee is true and from personal experience. f00kee guide about Arcanist even has some detail about it. I guess a description change would be cool to try and confuse less people . Ascendant is a dot effect if you look at the dot definition in the codex.

Also, it seems that the hirling doesn’t even have to attack for the Arcanist of both Hirling and Main character to combine in effect (double potencey). That’s how I was able to reach 20M power or more and how some people managed to reach 100M power. At least from my experience .

2 Likes

Hi guys, quick question about the Mythic Skilled:

It states that the damage of primary attacks is increased by 50%. That means 1.5*DMG for Teleport and Barrage (in my case), right? Is it “hidden” DMG? It doesn’t appear in the damage value on the skill damage pages.

It means 1.5× dmg for any primary skill (richocet, barrage, teleport, trap, anything that is primary skill). It should work but it’s like using multi attack or Push the Limit for those skills. You’re right. Maybe it’s bug that stat page don’t show increase in dmg just like the discordance, multi attack and damage.

Discordance can work with skilled but only for primary skills that have the special skill CD, mana cost and Dmg but not special skills with primary skill Dmg, CD and mana cost. It’s still good in a way though.

Anybody have an answer to this question on Angelic? Btw can any class roll Angelic? Also what about interactions with Discordance?

Umm… I’ve tried CosmicOrb on an axe, because people told me that Cyclone is bugged.
The dmg in the skill details page is terrible O_o

Cosmic orb is one of the most powerful mythics in the game. 300% per strands and 3000% DMG per sec or less. Other mythics are indeed powerful but the hit frequency of cosmic orb is real good. Goes very well with push the limit of course. There are other powerful mythics such as Arc, EarthQuake and bombard but it’s preference and builds. Good luck.

Cyclone is bugged of course and also it’s not as damaging as probably intended. I still don’t know exactly how to use the skill myself and it does seem bugged. I sure hope it gets revamped to be more powerful.

I also have a question on the new Coat weapon. I can’t see stat changes in my stat screen to see the actual effects of coat weapon. Is it correct to think of it as acting the following way?

Your crit chance = 2 * (crit before coat + 15%)
Elemental Crit = 2 * (ele crit before coat + 25%)

That means with no gear that affects either crit chances, using coat will give you 50% crit chance and 50% elemental crit chance for 1 second?

Also can these chances go above the normal cap? (Same question for going above cap upon using stealth) That is can you get to 100% Crit/ Ele crit / Dodge by using the respective skills if you have enough of the required stats before getting doubled?

Umm… I added CosmicOrb to a Wizard’s wand and the damage on the skill detail page is ~700K
The same mythic on a warrior’s axe is ~60K

What am I missing? O_o

Also, how do I hide my item stats with question marks, as some users do?

The items being hidden by question marks is an ability that happens when you reach eternal league. However the eternal legends will be seen of course so it’s easier to spot potential cheaters.

About your cosmic orb question, well I’m not too sure why. What about your builds with it.

Are Mythics modified by normal skills?
For example, CosmicOrb seems an Orb that shoots Barrage.
Maybe that’s considered for the damage?

Otherwise, I don’t know where that difference could come from.
(I’m not following builds for now, I’m enjoying making my own)

1 Like

Well I’m not too sure about that. For me, cosmic orb seems to combine with orb and shoot arcs and your case with it shooting barrages but the cosmic orb isn’t doing that. It’s just those timings.

Can we get +2 multi attack using rubies because i just wasted tons of rubies to get +2 multi attack on my MH weapon and still got nothing :cry: and I remembered I got it back then. Maybe changes in updates?

Yes you can but sometimes better using zenith Mythstone to save rubies (if you have enough Mythstone and slots). I placed multi attack on other parts of my gear and it still affects MH weapon.

I’m doing this because I got no slot on my amulet and rings :joy: just gonna waste em all demn rupees :joy:

ok sure. Make sure not to be burnt out at the end like I often do though. I tend to make builds and then take a long break everytime (unless it’s a super necessity like a update to farm builds). Good luck on getting so many Ruby :smile: .