The Question Thread

The Special skill of Wiz’s Magic Sword, and Legend affix “Orb Proc”.

This caught me out too but I know the answer:

Orb proc/skill is the main wizard skill which can be affected by hero points and PTL. It could also be affected by discordance with multi and extra attack but the proc version will NOT be affected by discordance. They both work the same but with some slight differences. Orb isn’t a projectile anymore though.

Cosmic orb is a mythic orb skill. It could be the upgraded version of orb since it could hit 10 times and then another from the strands. Not to mention, 100% more MH default than default orb skill. This won’t be affected by hero point orb and discordance but it will be affected by PTL, Mythology and Mythical and other things. One thing to note is that cosmic orb is projectile but orb skill is no longer a projectile ,though I may not be right but it wasn’t listed in patch notes that cosmic orb no longer projectile.

As for arcane orb. That’s the Orbit Elemental Critical when arcane attacks are used which is straight forward but the confusing thing that almost got me is that in the stats page, it looks exactly the same as Orb skill in everything so it would have been better if that stats page updates the orbit stat page to make more sense.
One thing is clear though, orbit can be affected by 100%+ Celestial legend affix and by default it does 100% DMG.

Its not really a MH or OH skill as the description of Orbit says it deals 100% DMG. This could mean that it deals 100% of the attacks damage from any weapon and that can be buffed by celestial. Orbit isn’t too good though due to accuracy issues since it spins so fast but more than 1 arcane orb does get summoned from an arcane elemental crit attack

2 Likes

Orbit is just the elemental CRT. For instance if it were fire and not arcane it’d be “immolation”.

To my understanding anyway?

It is, as I remember Orbit don’t appear at Offense tab so it’t not a skill :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is
Element Fire,Element Crit Immolate

Element Ice,Element Crit Freeze

Element Poison,Element Crit Toxic

Element Shock,Element Crit Paralysis

Element Arcane,Element Crit Orbit,no description at codex maybe give arcane attack chance to create 3 orbital that spin and cause 100% MH damage on enemies(correct me if im wrong hehe)

I just explained. It doesn’t use 100% MH. It gives an orbit that deals 100% DMG and this can be increased by Celestial affix from Elemncrit affix in Ruby menu. If it did, it would have said that in the description and to be MH%, it needs to come out of the weapon itself but since it’s elemental crit, it’s not from weapon.

If you have 300% celestial, this 100% DMG becomes 100%×4= 400% (or 100%+300%=400%) DMG because 100% celestial meant 100%×2= 200% or in simpler terms, 100%+100%= 200% DMG.

This means it can deal more damage than if it’s limited to MH so if you deal very high damage in your build, that orbit will deal % of that damage you dealt and it can summon alot. Arcane attacks are not that strong though and orbit can be inaccurate even though so many can be summoned but there are ways to make arcane build and ascendant build with arcane orbit work very well.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for correct me,and give nice explanation,i just see the damage and i tought 100%MH because not described at codex :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I have a question relating to procs and what it takes for something to be considered a proc. For instance, is the torrent that spawns on an enemy from the effect of cerebral vortex count as a proc or is it its own independent passive? Would using Master mythstone increase the likeliness of torrent to spawn despite the %chance given?

I can’t really determine it seeing as there is no real stat reference for procs other Than all proc.

Let’s test.

Yup it definitely increases the torrent proc from CV when I equipped 2× 10% all proc. It has to be true based on what I tested.

Also I think CV definitely procs a little more when you have Torrent hero point on gear regardless of class .

I’m not sure if reduced CD would work though. It’s possible that I’m wrong but CV doesn’t need 10% all proc , even in PvP . CV procs a lot in general though nowadays.

1 Like

This is true I’ve noticed an increase but I was unsure and have no real way of testing it myself.

But it’s good info thanks. :wink:

I always wondered about vortex and the torrent skill stat even when classed as a wizard item. It would contradict previously answered queries about skill affixes for other classes and whether it really applies. As a good Eternal vortex find is inevitable sooner rather than later…

Not even that great of a roll.
It would still be an utter shame if those skill points went to waste.

Also, I made sure I had NO HP regen or anything that I had equipped had any sort of heal. Went through my stats, talents and skills.

Then I equipped my ascendant pet fairy and it had Prayer as an epic affix. If I’m not mistaken, Prayer is a talent for another class? In which case. It still applied. I made absolutely sure. When I play tomorrow I’ll upload a Video.

I’ve mentioned this before and I was Told it does not apply.

I forgot to add that I had also used a topaz and landed torrent +10 - it.didn’t affect stat DMG at all and I didn’t notice any difference like I did when my pet had Prayer.

Any known reason ?
Or anyone else ever experience this or notice it?

Is the paralysis affix found on a pet the same as shock elemental crit %? And if so I’m guessing it only works for shock damage?

If not, will it give wizard attacks a chance to stun?

Paralysis is just The type of element CRT. Fire is immolation. Poison is toxic, ice is freeze… Ect.

Any effect of whichever element CRT you’re doing is always active, provided your MH and OH are actually doing that element type.

So… Yea’.

Maybe the cap of +skill from item is 20 ? Did u equiped the skull ?

What are the options for a wizard to stun a mob not including paralysis from shock crit and berserker set affix?

Bewilder talent on ring

Taunt is pretty useful for crowd control. You can use an Amber crystal on your OH and you might be able to get it. Taunt proc is also pretty good. If you want “ultimate” crowd control - and I only say ultimate because this is the only build I’ve completed for the purpose of crowd control.

Aftermath bonus with an orb and shatter or taunt as your OH skill. Whichever suits you. Cap meteor by 40 and teleport by 40. Use frozen and plagued too. Change your MH and OH to poison and ice. MH preferably the element you do most DMG and element CRT with.

Meteor is massively overpowered. It has its own taunt when aftermath is equipped and I find it works wonders. I don’t even find the need for taunt as an OH special for CC, so I use shatter instead. With the CD reset for each skill it’s almost endless meteor showers mixed with elemental explosions and eruptions.

But yeah this is a simple yet effective build you can use.

Good morning!

What´s the difference between legend affix multi attack and zenith mythstone multi attack?

Can somebody explain?

Thanks!

Multi attack isn’t by chance while eac is

1 Like

So multiattack(legend affix) is preferable?