Toggle on/off spells?

When you hear the word toggled on/off spell, you will think about the spells that are always active until turned off.

There are some promising ideas incorporating it on sprint, whirlwind, manashield, mirrorimage and even stealth.

I know there are pros and cons like:
[Pros]
Infinite Stealth
infinite Mirrorimage
[Cons]
Lazy
Gamebreaking

But then again I ask myself, is it viable in DQ?

Mana Shield and Sprint yeah these skills need toggles. Whirlwind is sort of toggleable already since it only gets disabled and has no cooldown. Just hold down on the skill. :smiley:

The rest, yeah. It would be gamebreaking. Imagine if you dont have to waste a second casting Veil or Mirror image and just focus on moving and attacking You’d be invincible.

The thing is passive skills will be less powerful than active ones. And Steiger prefer active skills :smile:

[quote=“JTmon”]
The rest, yeah. It would be gamebreaking. Imagine if you dont have to waste a second casting Veil or Mirror image and just focus on moving and attacking You’d be invincible.[/quote]

IKR xD
Spells are no the only exception to this, health/mana potions can be toggled on/off and will activate if certain conditions apply.
The MMORPG game Cabal has autocast Mana Pots.

Yeah I agree, it would look like its a passive.
But then again, there are few affixes in equips that will grant you specific spells that will proc like Orb and Storm.
How about Sprint/Manashield proc whenever you are hit? Viable??? ;D

[quote=“lordknightstradmore”]
How about Sprint/Manashield proc whenever you are hit? Viable??? ;D[/quote]

How will it ever proc when you die in 1 hit?

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“lordknightstradmore”]
How about Sprint/Manashield proc whenever you are hit? Viable??? ;D[/quote]

How will it ever proc when you die in 1 hit?[/quote]

Oh yeah, that part…

A map guardian suddenly teleports in your face then buckshots you with 3 projectiles…

Well maybe it(proc on hit) is not specifically meant to save you from those scenarios, maybe more like “a chance for a free spell proc on hit”.

If you really want this kind of procs to work on those scenarios, maybe adding a “BorrowedTime” spell where all damage you take is converted to Heal for certain duration.

Note: “BorrowedTime” is an ultimate skill of Abbaddon on DotA.

[quote=“lordknightstradmore”]
If you really want this kind of procs to work on those scenarios, maybe adding a “BorrowedTime” spell where all damage you take is converted to Heal for certain duration.

Note: “BorrowedTime” is an ultimate skill of Abbaddon on DotA.[/quote]

We have this. It is called Sanctuary, a mythic.

Off topic:
RO player, eh. Lord knight card is so good. Never had the chance to get one though. :frowning:

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“lordknightstradmore”]

Note: “BorrowedTime” is an ultimate skill of Abbaddon on DotA.[/quote]

We have this. It is called Sanctuary, a mythic.
[/quote]

I didn’t knew about this till now :open_mouth:
This information is ver helpful! Thank you!

[quote=“Unities”]

Off topic:
RO player, eh. Lord knight card is so good. Never had the chance to get one though. :frowning:[/quote]

Off topic:
Never dreamed of getting one myself because i am a LK myself and I prefer soloing. xD