Town system

The system with the floors is kinda one-sided so my idea would be an town: its just like in the diablo games, the merchants are there, the priest( the one which heals you when youre wounded)the stash is there.
Now to the details: the way to get there and go to the dungeons are like in several other games waypoints. You spawn in the town in the beginning of the game, there you have the floor select where at the start you can only select floor 1. Once started, you have to beat 5 more floors(or an other waypoint frequenzy) to get to the next waypoint which you can use to get back to town, buy potions and sell items. Note that the waypoints arent savepoints, so if you quit for example at floor 3, you can still continue in the floor select in town on floor 3.
I think this would be an good idea because inventory management would be far more important ( dont forget there must then be an drop item option)and it would help the game to not be that “one-sided”. And it would make it easier to implement new features like for example an story line.
Hope you understood what i was saying, an mixture of not being able to express myself very well, not being an native english speaker and the fact it is 2 am while i am writing this limits me a lot in my choice of words

It’s the charm of this game for being portable: its simplicity. It works as intended, and I don’t see it adding anything extraordinary. If something, aside from its story-esque potential, it will just make management tedious.

[size=50]That, and I’m also saying that there’s simply not enough manpower for this amazing game… here’s to hoping that our great devs will increase their staff size so we can get more awesome stuff much more sooner.[/size]

[quote=“ocenyx”]It’s the charm of this game for being portable: its simplicity. It works as intended, and I don’t see it adding anything extraordinary. If something, aside from its story-esque potential, it will just make management tedious.

[size=50]That, and I’m also saying that there’s simply not enough manpower for this amazing game… here’s to hoping that our great devs will increase their staff size so we can get more awesome stuff much more sooner.[/size][/quote]
[size=8]You underestimate the power of programming. Plus, a smaller team could mean an overall better game since less coordination is needed.[/size][size=35]I agree that this isn’t a great suggestion though. Suggestions should not try to completely alter the core game mechanics. The battle arena pushes the boundary here, but the benefit of pvp tends to be worth it. Making our already limited inventory more sparse is a horrendous idea that would upset a ton of players.[/size]

Giving “Tiny chat” a whole new meaning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Ircher”]
[size=8]You underestimate the power of programming.[/size][/quote]

[size=20]No, not at all… in fact I admire SB team’s creativity, for me they are one of the most creative people out there. I’m guessing you do miss my point. I’m just saying objectively that the next patch is bringing too many things all out at once… as they say “Two heads are better than one” but let’s just use that figuratively.[/size]

[size=20]Even so, a good team leader can handle the overall direction of development as he originally intended. Slightly more effort is required indeed, but the time needed to get things done gets effectively reduced, giving more time for future content.[/size]

@Ircher:
Programing a town is easy. But that is not the reason why this suggestion will not be implemented any time soon. It has been brought up multiple times before in the tester suggestions.

Steiger is a very competent coder. But creating a town, just like creating a game, require more than just programming.

Writte smaller next time, it’s a pleasure for my eyes. :dieter:

[size=6]Will do[/size]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“ocenyx”]It’s the charm of this game for being portable: its simplicity. It works as intended, and I don’t see it adding anything extraordinary. If something, aside from its story-esque potential, it will just make management tedious.

[size=50]That, and I’m also saying that there’s simply not enough manpower for this amazing game… here’s to hoping that our great devs will increase their staff size so we can get more awesome stuff much more sooner.[/size][/quote]
[size=8]You underestimate the power of programming. Plus, a smaller team could mean an overall better game since less coordination is needed.[/size][size=35]I agree that this isn’t a great suggestion though. Suggestions should not try to completely alter the core game mechanics. The battle arena pushes the boundary here, but the benefit of pvp tends to be worth it. Making our already limited inventory more sparse is a horrendous idea that would upset a ton of players.[/size][/quote]
I could make it smaller :p!

@Clogon
It said “You underestimate the power of programming. Plus, a smaller team could mean an overall better game since less coordination is needed.” This was in response to Oceanyx who wants a bigger team at Shinybox. I’m pretty sure the other quote is readable, but to reiterate, I stated that such an update like this would change the overall way the game is played – being unable to manage or sell jitems in the inventory every 5 floors is really a game changer.

I was pretty certain they already read those posts and are just being sarcastic on the tiny chat, they can quote those posts to read anytime

Sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone else here at SB is way better at their jobs than I am :smile:

In my opinion, adding a town system is much more complicated. I see Dq having a signature that it has only 1 floor. :sunglasses: