Weapon dps question?

depends on so many variables.

• Base attack speed.
  • Nature.
  • +Skills (+Flurry, +Cleave0
  • Elemental damage
  • and so on.

All I know is that no matter how big your damage is, DPS is always bigger on fast weapon.

CMIIW

Thanks guys!

[quote=“ichsanization”]depends on so many variables.

• Base attack speed.
  • Nature.
  • +Skills (+Flurry, +Cleave0
  • Elemental damage
  • and so on.

All I know is that no matter how big your damage is, DPS is always bigger on fast weapon.

CMIIW[/quote]

+1, checking dps on stat pages etc is irrevelant and un-accurate, you’ve to make yourself your own idea of your damage ingame

Never mind I wasn’t taking in account DPS means damage per second… which the sword is alot faster…

I’m using spell sword, will my comet and meteor be affected my the weapons attack speed?

In real game sword is better than axe when i battle ep8ignis with axe i need time to kill ignis but if i use sword i can 1hit him with meteor.

it depends…

it depends…[/quote]
Sword>lance=hammer>axe.

Axe set affix/green affix are almost useless.
Axe is the worst item for warrior sir this is the truth.
And i think almost no player want axe in their item set.

I’d choose lance/hammer over sword/axe.

Base on dps their almost all equal but sword use low mana or health + 50% extra attack. depend on your set i use hammer or lance because of its green affix but its tripple the life and mana use and you can find those affix on other item that why for me sword is the best

Is spell sword affected by the weapons base attack speed? It seems faster with my axe rather then my sword.

Steiger already gave the formula of the dps calculation, give it a try guys, it’s kinda accurate and explicite :smile:

Where is the formula?

I dont know but bleed in axe is useless also when i used spell sword i think its a bug

I asked basically the same thing awhile back and the calculations were explained: Recognizing the Best Items

That’s indeed one of the interesting topics! :wink:

extra attack chance boosts the listed green bar of dps by an insane amount, even if its not truely higher.

Extra attk chance gives you a chance to cast another attack, that’s why it’s increasing your dps, but it doesn’t take in consideration that the “chance” ain’t 100% :confused: (unlike “multi attk” but the difference is that the dmg aren’t 100%, it’s more or less balanced in some ways :unamused: )

On my fate travesty, I accidentally changed my %27 weapon damage affix with the wrong crystal… I’ve changed the affix 20 times to try and get the original affix back… will it roll back to weapon damage affix? I’ve already wasted 2M and most my crystals… just figured I’d ask before I waste more

@messor - id just keep farming for another. I’ve found about 5 if them, and my first is still the best.

You’ll end up doing quite a bit of farming in DQ to try and get the right items. At least it’s fun in this game, not tedious, like so many others.

I needed to get some calcite crystals and didn’t stop until I had 100, but I had fun trying different strategies while doing it.

I find the fun in DQ is not racing to the finish line, but the journey.

1 Like