What is the point of easy levels?

If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill a cartographer on a blue map when you mowed through everything else? I had to buy a map because I thought I was stuck with another immortal boss.

The ability to customize with impunity is gone with the new update, so instead of happily farming away on lower levels I’m having to redo maps because of “bad luck affixes” twice in a few hours.

Why should I keep playing? Just to get an occasional piece of equipment the same program that gives us immortal bosses decides to give me? My first green equipment had a high orb proc. Yeah me, does anyone even use that?

Sorry to be a little bitch about this, but a game I liked has changed dramatically, and I got left behind. I just don’t see the pay off to continue with my time investment. I’ll still play occasionally, but nothing like I do now.

Good luck, and hope you get the success y’all deserve.

If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill a cartographer on a blue map when you mowed through everything else? I had to buy a map because I thought I was stuck with another immortal boss.

craft your gear better and read more codex to gain insight about which affix to combine and be don’t afraid to experiment on combo :I

The ability to customize with impunity is gone with the new update, so instead of happily farming away on lower levels I’m having to redo maps because of “bad luck affixes” twice in a few hours.

it was soo easy that players exploited the feat… :I
besides, rare drop are more frequent at the current patch and a chance to get eternal pets are here…
compared to the past patch, i guess, its a fair trade :I

Why should I keep playing? Just to get an occasional piece of equipment the same program that gives us immortal bosses decides to give me? My first green equipment had a high orb proc. Yeah me, does anyone even use that?

your choice to keep playing…
the game is fine as it is… and yes, i use orb proc together with twister skill… they’re a nasty combo to begin with
back at the first answer… read the codex and learn more about affixes and combo’s

Sorry to be a little bitch about this, but a game I liked has changed dramatically, and I got left behind. I just don’t see the pay off to continue with my time investment. I’ll still play occasionally, but nothing like I do now.

there was a dramatic nerf… but with perseverance… you can get that dream set of yours :I

Good luck, and hope you get the success y’all deserve.

thanks and take care :I

Brad,

Do you have a hireling? If so, have you upgraded the hireling as well (equipment, stat points, hero points)?

Some bosses react differently to different gear. I prefer spell sword+living force, but sometimes, I have to get rid of spell sword (swap out the piece of gear that has that affix), and use the hammer in whirlwind mode.

In the guides section, there is a long post about theorycraft, that goes over warrior builds. One thing that is important is to get the 50% weapon DMG epic affix AND add the 50% DMG mythstone, both on the same weapon.

What are your current stat points for health, mana, and power? Are you using the blood magic set affix?

[quote=“bradoplata”]If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill a cartographer on a blue map when you mowed through everything else? I had to buy a map because I thought I was stuck with another immortal boss.

The ability to customize with impunity is gone with the new update, so instead of happily farming away on lower levels I’m having to redo maps because of “bad luck affixes” twice in a few hours. [/quote]

If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill one boss, you’ve definitely hit a wall, which will happen eventually regardless of how much you’re able to easily change affixes on your gear. That’s part of the problem of infinite progression. On one hand if you ever find anything that’s an upgrade, you might be able to move on. On the other hand, eventually you will not be able to progress, and it will feel like the game is being unfair to you.

That said, we are looking at some of these affixes paired with certain boss affixes for the next update ( 1.8.1 ). Some are too unfair, and we’ll see what we can do to encourage more diverse play, instead of sitting there wailing on a boss that heals infinitely.

I’m sorry about your first green not being good. There’s many Legends that suck, and sadly their Eternal versions will suck too. We plan on addressing this in 1.8.1 as well ( as well as empowering Mythic items ). The goal of course being that more good items will be dropping for you, and less disappointment from IDing an Eternal.

[quote=“bradoplata”]Sorry to be a little bitch about this, but a game I liked has changed dramatically, and I got left behind. I just don’t see the pay off to continue with my time investment. I’ll still play occasionally, but nothing like I do now.

Good luck, and hope you get the success y’all deserve.[/quote]

Either way, thanks for the feedback. It was great talking to you at PAX, and we’re definitely hearing you on your concerns. It takes time, but we plan on having better items that you can look forward to, better Mythics that you can create, better rewards from Feats, and more fair Maps affixes that you can beat.

I was mowing through everything, including other cartographers, until I hit a certain cartographer so it’s not a wall or gear trouble, it’s apparently an affix problem. Sorry if this wasn’t clear in the post. This was shortly after having an immortal legend in less than a couple of hours. I didn’t mention the frozen cartographer in between the two.

There just seems to be certain problems that didn’t exist before the update. I didn’t have that problem until after level 410. Is there that much of a level change between the upper 300’s and lower 400’s?

[quote=“bradoplata”]I was mowing through everything, including other cartographers, until I hit a certain cartographer so it’s not a wall or gear trouble, it’s apparently an affix problem. Sorry if this wasn’t clear in the post. This was shortly after having an immortal legend in less than a couple of hours. I didn’t mention the frozen cartographer in between the two.

There just seems to be certain problems that didn’t exist before the update. I didn’t have that problem until after level 410. Is there that much of a level change between the upper 300’s and lower 400’s?[/quote]

I didn’t touch progression, dungeon difficulty, or enemies between 1.7.4 and 1.8, so you might have just encountered a bad combination of Map/Boss affixes. I’d say yes, things will get much much harder as you progress past 400, but there may be some things we have to look at as well.

Also something to keep in mind, the Legend enemies ( Son of Malum, etc ) have 50x Health of normal enemies, while Epic have about 15x. Stuff like their health regen and leech will be way tougher to conquer. Will be looking into this.

Cleaned up this post, as I feel there could be decent conversation in this thread. Let’s keep any rudeness out of this, and just discuss the issue please. :smile:

I also find it frustrating to try and kill a cartographer that doesn’t take damage…it has happened to me probably 7 or 8 times…please fix…thank s

That’s a separate issue but we’re looking into that too!

Are these particular changes going to be retroactive or will they only affect newly dropped gear?

Are these particular changes going to be retroactive or will they only affect newly dropped gear?[/quote]

Sadly just newly dropped gear. With Legend items being able to be crafted so heavily, it would be really difficult to determine what to change them to.