What map mods/abilities would you like to see?

Eternal map: you fight all 4 elemental bosses at the same time.

love it … sound like Aztri boss from Path of Exile :laughing: immune everything :astonished:

But have to wait them have special tile map for [color=#BF0000]legend map[/color] 1st :frowning:

Alter ego: a reflection of your toon appears randomly and attacks you.
Nemesis: a powerful boss chases you
Zoo: every kind of monster will appear
Monster island: the map will be divided into four routes, at end of each route will be a boss. All bosses will advance towards the center, so if you take too much time, they will band together against you.
Apocalypse: a counter appears. If you kill the carto before it runs down, you’ll get a bonus chest. If you don’t, the stage blows and you die. The cost of the rezz goes up with every death. He bonus chest gets better with every 10 enemies killed.

[quote=“McEna”]Alter ego: a reflection of your toon appears randomly and attacks you.
Nemesis: a powerful boss chases you
Zoo: every kind of monster will appear
Monster island: the map will be divided into four routes, at end of each route will be a boss. All bosses will advance towards the center, so if you take too much time, they will band together against you.
Apocalypse: a counter appears. If you kill the carto before it runs down, you’ll get a bonus chest. If you don’t, the stage blows and you die. The cost of the rezz goes up with every death. He bonus chest gets better with every 10 enemies killed.[/quote]

Leme rename all the “mod” u mention, base on PoE references …

Antagonist’s: Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis mod
Multifarious: Area has increased monster variety
Monster island: the map will be divided into four routes, at end of each route will be a boss. All bosses will advance towards the center, so if you take too much time, they will band together against you. (Unique Map)
Apocalypse: a counter appears. If you kill the carto before it runs down, you’ll get a bonus chest. If you don’t, the stage blows and you die. The cost of the rezz goes up with every death. He bonus chest gets better with every 10 enemies killed.(Unique Map)

Haven’t seen this suggested but I may have missed it while skimming through the thread; if so I’m simply throwing support towards it.

Have a positive effect that only applies if you do not identify the map. I’m thinking rare or higher maps could have a single bonus that applies to the entire map but is only active if the map is used while still unidentified. Something like “double cartographer spawns” or “double bonus chest”. A significant enough bonus to make it worth going in blind but not so desirable that players would always choose it. I think it would require being coupled with turning off the merchant for that level. That way there is a penalty in that if the affixes were too much for you to handle you can’t just buy a new map and retry the level; you would have to purchase a map from the previous level prior to entering the map and run through that map to get back to the current level.

That got a little convuluted towards the end but I think it’s decipherable. Another idea would be you lose the bonus if you buy a map from the current level. Gives you a way to get out of the situation without repeating a prior level but you lose the bonus as well.

Ability for any character to play any map in your inventory. If you switch characters, you can keep going at the current level instead of starting over at 200.

Ability to switch levels. Unless I missed something, once you start at a level, you have to continue at that level or start over at 200… This hurts people as they learn the game and improve their characters, and want to try Mythic 3.

[quote=“bradoplata”]Ability for any character to play any map in your inventory. If you switch characters, you can keep going at the current level instead of starting over at 200.

Ability to switch levels. Unless I missed something, once you start at a level, you have to continue at that level or start over at 200… This hurts people as they learn the game and improve their characters, and want to try Mythic 3.[/quote]

At the first point: Why? Each character is considered separate (separate, level, separate gear, separate hireling, seperate heroic level, seperate floor progress…), so I do not think that makes much since. Supposably though, provided you are on the right enemy power, you can put the map in the stash and open it that way.

At the second point, not going to happen, never. That was allowed originally, but people exploited it by getting to very high floors at enemy power 1 (Normal) and then switching to ep 8 (mythic 3) and completing a single floor to get in the highest floor leaderboards… Also, you get 200 floors to learn the game at, so what’s your point?

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“bradoplata”]Ability for any character to play any map in your inventory. If you switch characters, you can keep going at the current level instead of starting over at 200.

Ability to switch levels. Unless I missed something, once you start at a level, you have to continue at that level or start over at 200… This hurts people as they learn the game and improve their characters, and want to try Mythic 3.[/quote]

At the first point: Why? Each character is considered separate (separate, level, separate gear, separate hireling, seperate heroic level, seperate floor progress…), so I do not think that makes much since. Supposably though, provided you are on the right enemy power, you can put the map in the stash and open it that way.

At the second point, not going to happen, never. That was allowed originally, but people exploited it by getting to very high floors at enemy power 1 (Normal) and then switching to ep 8 (mythic 3) and completing a single floor to get in the highest floor leaderboards… Also, you get 200 floors to learn the game at, so what’s your point?[/quote]

At the first point, the game designers gave us four stash screens that can let you use equipment, stones and maps between each character. Based on your answer, I guess you don’t use those.

As to the second point, thanks to the great players that experiment and post advice, I am constantly learning new stuff. I’m at floor 605 with a wizard set up and decided I wanted more of a challenge so wanted to change difficulty. I can’t do that without starting over. I wanted to play a rogue and, thanks to the many helpful people on the forum, was able to get a pretty good character right off the bat. It would be nice, imo, to just be able to continue on.

As to what my point is, there are over a million downloads on google play alone. Different people have different expectations, wants and needs. I was just responding to a thread on a forum, just like I am responding to yours.

I too would much rather eveything be shared account wide instead of by character… max floor, heroic level, experience grained, everything. It would promote playing other characters instead of sticking with your first choice for fear of losing all you’ve worked for.

Regarding the map difficulty change, that doesn’t sound like much of an exploit to me. If you could beat a map of floor 1000, logic dictates you should also be able to beat the floors leading up to it. PERHAPS when you only had 3 chances per floor it could have made things easier… it’s not like that anymore. You have unlimited attempts now essentially. Climbing is much easier, but changing difficulty setting is still such a hassle.

I’m for account wide sharing of everything.

[quote=“Rubik”]
I’m for account wide sharing of everything.[/quote]
Utilizing storage of not-used characters requires swapping hirelings around and juggling equipment between character storage spaces and the shared stash. It costs a bit of gold, sure, but an end-game character is gonna have an easy time earning that gold back. Having access to all of the storage slots on all the toons pulls that clunky menu interaction out of the picture.

Okay, we’ve deviated some from the original topic, so I want to get this topic back to what it was — map mods!

% Hardy - Every monster greatly resists 2 or more elements, and (affix)% are immune to ignore resist skill
% Interrupted - Procs activate (affix)% less (value subtracted from regular value, so 20% storm proc with 10% interrupted on map equates to 10% storm proc)
Elite - Every monster is of rare rank or higher. This affix lacks an affix value.
Mortality - After the two free respawns, it costs 2500 * (affix) * (deaths - 2) more gold to respawn. (For instance, say the normal respawn is 2500 gold and mortality is 10. The first two respawns are free, per usual. The third one costs 27500 gold (25k from mortality, 2.5k from normal rate). The fourth respawn then costs 52500 (50,000 from Mortality, 2.5k from normal amount, etc)
% Critical Storm - (affix)% enemies cause elemental critical effects (blight, frostbite, etc) every single time they attack. 10 * (affix)% = The strength of the elemental critical statuse effect (blight, etc)
Deity - The Cartographer at the end of the level has God-like power. This affix lacks an affix value. (Note: Whilst the actual amounts may very, I’m thinking 300% * carto health, 180% * carto dmg, 10% more move speed, 1 extra affix, and 0.5% hp leech.)
% Weakened - +All Sets (the affix, set affixes unaffected), talents, and skills on gear are reduced by (affix)%. (Note: Only the all sets affix is affected; set affixes are not. For instance, say you have the Nadroji Amulet with +2 sets and 50% weakened. This results in Nadroji(2) since 1 (Nadroji Set Affix) + (2 * 0.5) (+All Sets) = 2.)

Oh, and if you didn’t notice, I’m suggesting map affixes that would affect high level players with custom gear more than the lower level players.

After we have opened a map, the attributes of the used map can be shown on a tab: 20% nerf on mp regen…

+% Mythstone/Crystal spree (% of regular equip drops will become crystals/mythstones instead)
+% Undying (a percent of enemies with rank of magic and beyond spawns a pair of lower-tiered version of themselves, until the normal ones die, e.g. when Epic slime dies, it will spawn 2 Rares. When these rare slimes die, these will spawn 2 magic slimes each, and so on, until 8 plain slimes die)

[quote=“ocenyx”]+% Mythstone/Crystal spree (% of regular equip drops will become crystals/mythstones instead)
+% Undying (a percent of enemies with rank of magic and beyond spawns a pair of lower-tiered version of themselves, until the normal ones die, e.g. when Epic slime dies, it will spawn 2 Rares. When these rare slimes die, these will spawn 2 magic slimes each, and so on, until 8 plain slimes die)[/quote]
The second one is fantastic!

[quote=“Rubik”][quote=“ocenyx”]+% Mythstone/Crystal spree (% of regular equip drops will become crystals/mythstones instead)
+% Undying (a percent of enemies with rank of magic and beyond spawns a pair of lower-tiered version of themselves, until the normal ones die, e.g. when Epic slime dies, it will spawn 2 Rares. When these rare slimes die, these will spawn 2 magic slimes each, and so on, until 8 plain slimes die)[/quote]
The second one is fantastic![/quote]
Feat spawning chain with undying. That would be brutal. Imagine a mythic spawn, hehe.

They will spawn 2 lower tier of enemies. Hmm lets make it 5!!! :smiley:

That’s what I thought at first but exponentially spawning 5 per tier may lag the game when Epic+ breaks down to normal…

Also, it is not a good example of birth control :laughing:

That’s what I thought at first but exponentially spawning 5 per tier may lag the game when Epic+ breaks down to normal…

Also, it is not a good example of birth control :laughing:[/quote]
Getting a mythic spawn means a legendary was killed. That means two epics. Mythic leads to two legends, four epics. Six total. There are 2 rares from the epic getting killed to spawn the legendary. So, 14 rares and their crowds, 28 magic, 56 normal.

You know what? This would be an incredible Boss Affix. Especially with larger spawned groups and increased rarity of the bunches.

No white mobs :smiley:
Increased mob size :smiley:
Reduce armor/resists
Reduced aoe size
Reduced movement speed
Reduced max HP/MP

Necromancy - Enemies have a (rank)% chance to regain full health hen dealt a killing blow.
Spirit - Enemies can summon other enemies to their aid.