When are y'all going to let me give y'all more money?

Very big fan of your game, and I’ve bought several of the cosmetic items, several boost, all of the character slots, ect.

I’ve noticed however that there hasn’t been any new purchaseable items in the store in what feels like a couple updates.

Y’all have done fantastic work in the last two patches, but when are y’all going to release some new paid items/services so we can do our part to reward y’all?

I’m honestly curious, have y’all found the revenue earned vs time/effort to make the cosmetics not favorable?

How about the reveal map “boost”? That has been one of my favorite purchases so far and it has made my life easier. I don’t know if there was backlash when this was introduced (or if it was an initial feature) but if the community is okay with it, I have some more suggestions that follow a similar path without being overtly P2W.

Mainly they focus on the pets.

Increase pickup range/speed of PET abilities
Double the range pets will travel to pick up an item/gold as well as their speed.

Make the Imp conversion process ~ 3X quicker
With the changes to gold, I have a feeling the Imp may be seeing a lot more use. There are two ways I can see going about this, the main thing that takes time is the Imps animation phase. You can either reduce the time it takes to 1/3 its current speed, or you can make the imp pick up 15 items instead of 5 before converting and and have it drop 3x the amount it currently drops.

Pet Treats- Treats that let us change the Element type of pets
Some may find this getting very close to the P2W, but a dollar for 1-3 biscuits that you use on a pet to get an option to change it to 1 of the 5 element types (Your choice).

Shop Selection Boost
A boost that increases the number of items the shop stocks on each refresh by ~50%. For instance in the past the max amount of crystals I’ve seen for sell at any given time is 4, now it can go up to 6.

The imp speed has been brought up before, basically its not possible to speed him up. But the idea to make him gather more and convert less frequently is a good one. Maybe it could be player controlled, so he could just gather all floor long, and then you can just tell him to convert it all at the end.

I heard Steiger talking about new iap for sure, and working on the boost, I hope h’ll bring some new buyable content too :unamused:

Pet are on a “to do” list from pet consmetics to skill buffs. I like how Steiger is concentrating on making the game good as a first priority and $ on a lower one. There will be more IAP. The new cosmetics look AMAZING! I am sure you will like them.

[quote=“Aamelron”]Very big fan of your game, and I’ve bought several of the cosmetic items, several boost, all of the character slots, ect.

I’ve noticed however that there hasn’t been any new purchaseable items in the store in what feels like a couple updates.

Y’all have done fantastic work in the last two patches, but when are y’all going to release some new paid items/services so we can do our part to reward y’all?

I’m honestly curious, have y’all found the revenue earned vs time/effort to make the cosmetics not favorable?

How about the reveal map “boost”? That has been one of my favorite purchases so far and it has made my life easier. I don’t know if there was backlash when this was introduced (or if it was an initial feature) but if the community is okay with it, I have some more suggestions that follow a similar path without being overtly P2W.

Mainly they focus on the pets.

Increase pickup range/speed of PET abilities
Double the range pets will travel to pick up an item/gold as well as their speed.

Make the Imp conversion process ~ 3X quicker
With the changes to gold, I have a feeling the Imp may be seeing a lot more use. There are two ways I can see going about this, the main thing that takes time is the Imps animation phase. You can either reduce the time it takes to 1/3 its current speed, or you can make the imp pick up 15 items instead of 5 before converting and and have it drop 3x the amount it currently drops.

Pet Treats- Treats that let us change the Element type of pets
Some may find this getting very close to the P2W, but a dollar for 1-3 biscuits that you use on a pet to get an option to change it to 1 of the 5 element types (Your choice).

Shop Selection Boost
A boost that increases the number of items the shop stocks on each refresh by ~50%. For instance in the past the max amount of crystals I’ve seen for sell at any given time is 4, now it can go up to 6.[/quote]

I’m with you on this, I’m waiting to splash some cash, my moral compass is going bonkers, having so much fun for free, I need to contribute :wink:

agree. hoard/fetch take too much time to execute. thats why i have to ignore Pet talent and choose best afiixes only ((

As a systems developer myself, I’d say this is a lie. Given the complexity of the game in terms of all the other graphic animations, collision detections and calculations, I’d say the programmers have demonstrated to be extremely capable and skilled. In any craft in life, if you see a skilled persons work, you expect him to be able to do a “simple” task within his area of expertise. Refusal to do do can’t be because it’s not possible. If the real reason is “basically we don’t want to speed him up”, then just say so instead :wink:

I fully agree with the OP, that this game needs more in app purchase options, which doesn’t turn it into a pay to win game. Back when the app market was new, this was a challenge for any game, but today, most of the do’s and don’ts have been learned, so it’s not that tricky anymore. Guidelines are:

1. Let any significant buyable gamechanging effects/rewards also be available to the free riders through hard work. Reveal map is an example. Anyone can pay the 5K gold, or you can buy the permanent map reveal for real money.
  2. Let non-game changing effects/rewards only be buyable. The vanity items are an example.

Ideas for in app purchases in line with existing ones could be:

(a) Reveal shrines. You can pay 5K gold for the 1-2 shrines to be highligted on the minimap with a star/triangle or you can buy a permanent reveal shrine for real money. Given the hunter rings direct path to speeding up eternal item farming, particularly for new players looking for an expansion option, I could see this in app purchase being in demand.

(b) Reveal enslaver. You can pay 5K gold for an enslaver to be highligted on the minimap with a circle or you can buy a permanent reveal enslaver for real money. You never know if an enslaver is on the map, so there is a bit of a gamble involved. Given that you need to kill 200 enslavers to spawn a random legend pet, and not every map spawns an enslaver anyway, I’d say you’re still only getting a smaller advantage to find those legend pets.

(c) Maybe make a pack of all 3 map expansions, so you can buy both reveal map, shrine and enslaver with just one purchase of 15K gold, so the free riders don’t have too much clicking around to do just to get a map setup for a run.

Given that the cartographer/map guardian/portal is already displayed on the minimap, I would expect the code to be a simple task to improve to also show shrines and enslavers. Hence a good business case in terms of expected future revenue compared to development costs. If you were to make these options available, I’d expect them to be bought by anyone who has already payed for the permanent map reveal and who are still playing the game. As such, you should be able to determine expected revenue from a bit of analysis of your previous income from permanent map reveal.

Pets have massive room for improvement and could easily be enhanced with both gold-buyable enhancement for the free riders and permanent buyable enhancements for players who want to spend real money.
The “pet biscuit” suggestion is doable. You could buy a pet biscuit per map for 5K gold, which gives your pet an extra trick for this map or you could buy a permanent “pet collar” item for real money, which gives your pet a new trick. Only one collar can be equipped at a time so you can have more than one and switch them around depending on what trick you want the pet to have available. Maybe have 200 enslaver kills also drop a random pet collar.
There are tons of potential tricks to think of. Mainly, I think the current pets need balancing, as the fairy has a combat ability while the dog and imp only have a passive ability. They should all have a combat ability or a passive ability (or maybe have both a combat and a passive one). E.g. the frozen slowing of movement is so annoying on the ice maps when you don’t have “cannot be frozen” affix. The imp could be enhanced to have a combat skill “warm you up” (imps are hellish beings, right?) which removes frozen debuff and gets cast as often as the fairys wish. The dog could have a “bark” combat skill which stuns or fears monsters within a short radius of the dog and he barks as often as the fairy wishes. The fairy could have a passive “pick up mana/health orbs” skill as that would be in line with the wish combat skill and she picks up as often as the dog picks up gold.

I second just about everything said here, but I’ll also offer something in a different direction.

I’d really like to see a “crafting bag” or special crafting tab of the inventory. I currently keep all of my crystals and runes on my main character so I don’t need to keep shuffling between my inventory and stash. However, this gets cumbersome for using crystals on my alt’s equipment. I’d gladly pay extra for the convenience of having all of my crystals and runes go to a dedicated, shared storage space.

Also, as an aside this is the only free game that I’ve ever put money into. On top of that, I’m happy to continue putting money in since I’m getting so much entertainment out of it. I played a few other Android dungeon crawlers over the years and they all were designed around suckling money out of you. Timers, extremely limited bag space, tickets, and premium currencies on top of ads made the other games just barely entertaining enough to play. Dungeon Quest has everything I’m used to from the PC in the palm of my hand. Keep up the amazing work and may you continue to peel players away from the offerings of the big players in the mobile gaming market.

@JustMatt

I would love a special bag like that too, a jewelers bag of sorts. Would gladly pay for that convenience. I hope we get something like that in the future as well. In addition, I’d like a special pet storage bag also.

I never thought of this but I love this Idea!

That would be a kennel then :wink:

I totally agree about the whole pay to win vibe being a big no no, well I used to believe in this, but just lately I’m becoming disalusioned.
More and more I see freeloaders running round with IAP’s, got through ill gotten means, and even worse boasting and giving step by step guides how to STEAL the IAP’s ! It is pure, plain and simple theft.
I believe everyone should contribute, even a little, if they enjoy and play the game on any regular basis. I really do applaud the shinybox team for allowing the freeloaders to have exactly the same playing experience as a regular contributor, but ( and this is where it gets a little hazy in my mind ), I think there is something missing. As it stands now, your either a freeloader or a contributor, both with the same privileges, but I can’t decide if what is missing is a middle or higher level.

A higher level (drawing on my experience as a gm/admin in private server for Priston Tale), would be a custom item, cosmetic look, or elevated stats ( pay to win no no). But a pay to win no no, is only relevant in a game that is heavy on PVP, which DQ isnt. One thought I have had, is a custom built pet … For example, pay $25 and you get a pet, with the affix’s you want on it. Not elevated stats, nothing different from the rules of any pet that can be found in game, just the whole RNG aspect has been removed. A freeloader could find the exact same pet if the RNG gods smiled on them.

A middle level, I can honestly say I have not put any thought into it, but that still doesn’t mean that its not needed or I can’t justify it yet. Perhaps this is where a jewelers bag or pet kennel fits in. I just hope that it could somehow be activated server side, and manually activated by dev team, to avoid any more theft like with extra slots, wings etc.

Freeloader ( takes everything, gives nothing in return )
Casual contributor ( buys an extra char slot or map reveal, to make their game a little easier )
Regular contributor ( buys a selection of iap’s not only to add extra to their game, but because they want to give a little back to the dev team, as they appreciate their hard work )

Its late, I’m rambling, and its probably best if I STFU now, especially if my subject matter is hazy at best :wink:

[quote=“JustMatt”]
I’d really like to see a “crafting bag” or special crafting tab of the inventory. I currently keep all of my crystals and runes on my main character so I don’t need to keep shuffling between my inventory and stash.[/quote]
I keep all of my crystals and mythstones in the stash. I tend to not sit on anything else since there’s no simple avenue to store lots of stuff. Sure, I could use other hirelings to store MOAR STUFF but that ridiculously inconvenient, and with the change to gold can be a bit expensive for the players that are starting to building up their gold reserves.

What I would just absolutely go nuts over is control over the avatar’s appearance. Not just various tidbits that I can wear. I mean absolute control. Be able to decide the color of all the armor, of the equipment. Being able to change the color of specific parts of equipment instead of all or nothing. Being able to keep a lance as the apparent weapon even though I’m using a bow. Which actually would be pretty neat. Bow and lance instead of bow and arrow. Bow has infinite arrows, after all, so they have to come from somewhere. Lance, arrow, shield, what’s the difference in the end, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

On that note, another thing that I think would be awesome is being able to change what skills and weapons I can use. As in, swap rogue talents and heroic effects with that of the warrior and/or wizard. There is always something great to be said about action RPGs that embrace those and build up with that style in mind. Being able to try out vastly different dual-class builds is amazing. Balancing would be a royal pain, but for the players it would just really open gameplay doors. Something like that is more in the line of paying to play differently than paying to win. Being able to swap out the head talents with another class, or the trees (e.g. assassin tree) would be more feasible. I’m not sure how the hero skills would play out, but being able to swap those out too would be a radical shift. Now, saying all that, I’m imagining just straight-up swapping individual bits with other bits. Which isn’t feasible, but I can dream. Keeping that swapping power behind a pay wall is entirely acceptable. What’s in place works, after all.

Lots to respond to here! Starting from the top :smile:

One of the focuses for 1.9 will be to overhaul our IAP. This includes adding new boosts, making boosts better, replacing Pet Purchasing with Pet Skinning ( You purchase the look for your pet, instead of purchasing a mostly worthless pet with the right look ), and of course adding new vanity and functional IAP.

We’ve honestly found that packages do the best for us, with boosts following, then vanities, then at the very bottom are Pets ( all taken into consideration of time developed vs return ).

There was actually no backlash that I’m aware of. I think the line would be something like buying Eternals or Obsidians from the shop :smile:

Let me clear that up some. I vaguely remember being asked about this, and joked that it wasn’t possible :smile:

Of course it is possible, but we haven’t had time in our schedule yet to focus on Pet Improvement.

Agreed, and I feel that we’ve kept to this method.

Also all great ideas!

Agreed!

We’re actually look to add Premium stashes to 1.9 and are planning to add exactly what you mentioned: dedicated MS/CS Stashes.

Lol. Would you guys want a special premium stash for this or would a normal, extra stash tab suffice?

We’d love to add more customization as well. Some of it isn’t as feasible with our engine, but we definitely could do a better job with it.

Love the feedback all, thank you!