Why isn't ShinyBox dealing with rooted players in arena?

For the most part arena is pretty legit, who ever gets to stun and one shot the other person first wins pretty much, UI systems can glitch out making the UI of whoever your fighting just stand there after a round or two of them going full out, but my biggest concern is they’re making this game into a competitive offline arpg, knowing 85% of their players are rooted hackers, and upon multiple occasions I’ll lose my win streak and have to restart in arena because there’s tons of rooted players with bricked god mode gear, are they planning to do something about this, or are they going to continue to let this carry on, I know over half of this games popualtion only plays because its one of the few games in playstore you can completely root and do whatever you want in it… I know the devs know this aswell, so why are they trying to make it conpetitive when its just going to get stomped by rooted hackers. Need to make arena a wifi controlled option in game and put a root lock ban on it before release, once everyone of the rooted players who didn’t sign up for testing come into arena, its going to go straight into the garbage

1 Like

Hey,
thank you for your feedback! :smile:
We have already an item checker in arena, which is preventing using corupted items in arena.
I can only quote, what a dev has written:

So, it’s just a display issue at the moment.

Beside of that, we are still banning people, who are cheating. So, if you see anyone who is cheating. Just make a screenshot and upload it here.

About root/hacking: The devs are working on it.

[quote=“Refia”]Hey,
We have already an item checker in arena, which is preventing using corupted items in arena.

Beside of that, we are still banning people, who are cheating. So, if you see anyone who is cheating. Just make a screenshot and upload it here.

About root/hacking: The devs are working on it.[/quote]
So I’ve played this game for a solid while and I know floor stat scaling on gear can get insane, but with the IL 20 cap on gear for pvp I don’t believe people should still be pulling 9-10k+ optimized damage scale on weapons with insane proc chances on myth gear, I’ll start posting screen shots and videos when I fight these certain people. The only way they could be getting these set IL 20 rolls are with bricked modded gear on Uploads.

1 Like

[quote=“CorpseCVR”][quote=“Refia”]Hey,

About root/hacking: The devs are working on it.[/quote]
So I’ve played this game for a solid while and I know floor stat scaling on gear can get insane, but with the IL 20 cap on gear for pvp I don’t believe people should still be pulling 9-10k+ optimized damage scale on weapons with insane proc chances on myth gear, I’ll start posting screen shots and videos when I fight these certain people. The only way they could be getting these set IL 20 rolls are with bricked modded gear on Uploads.[/quote]
9-10k damage in pvp are normal, i believe u not see my warrior imperial sage build yet right. it do 168k damage ×16 damage higher than what u said 9-10k. lol. Dont ask for that build. that build will remain secred for now hehe

[quote=“cronos1234”]
9-10k damage in pvp are normal, i believe u not see my warrior imperial sage build yet right. it do 168k damage ×16 damage higher than what u said 9-10k. lol. Dont ask for that build. that build will remain secred for now hehe[/quote]

168k dmg is definitly not normal. It is also not intended.
Well, it would be very kind of you if you would share it with one of the devs at least. It would save us many hours of searching. Thank you!

I’m not talking about damage output mate, I’m talking about affix/prefix bricked gear, my full setup blitz ninja has over 200k weapon scaling in pve full geared and drops to 5.3k in pvp, and its running optimal pvp setups. so if you’re weapon damage scales is passing a minimum of 10k you’re for sure rooted and useing a bricked uploaded toon, IL 20 gear should not be scaling this high on proc/damage scaling.

are u talking about Full DPS showed on MH and OH.? i THINK my MH and OH both pass 10k dps lol. do i look like cheater if that what your mean.?

edit: ohh okay just check. my item below 10k. lol so sad.

are u talking about Full DPS showed on MH and OH.? i THINK my MH and OH both pass 10k dps lol. do i look like cheater if that what your mean.?[/quote]
I have no way of knowing if you cheat or not mate, but I won’t accuse you of it without proof or seeing it myself. And I’m not just talking about MH and OH damage, I’m talkimg about affix mod % values aswell, people have far more proc chances and damage scale then should be.

are u talking about Full DPS showed on MH and OH.? i THINK my MH and OH both pass 10k dps lol. do i look like cheater if that what your mean.?[/quote]
I have no way of knowing if you cheat or not mate, but I won’t accuse you of it without proof or seeing it myself. And I’m not just talking about MH and OH damage, I’m talkimg about affix mod % values aswell, people have far more proc chances and damage scale then should be.[/quote]
ive check, only my eternal MH pass 10k dps. the other below it. and the affix mode/pass the cap. there is no need to worried i guess since refia or maybe clogon said this. their set not counting it. so basicly u fight them as incomplete build i guess

Stuff gets nerfed or buffed, that’s how it works. Especially if something is bugged, it will get balanced/nerfed (call it however you want) even faster. Especially these new resource affixes still need to be tested.
Poison Cloud is very bugged atm, it will get fixed soon.

I don’t use any test accounts or whatever but use my own resources too. If I build something awesome and it gets nerfed sooner or later idc and move on and find/create another build eventually. There are many reliable builds out there, that do very well without relying on bugged mechanics/skills/elements etc.

There’s a reason behind it, the devs don’t implement these changes for no reason.

1 Like

Throwsword Balista being able to do that kind of damage is actually intended. It is an unreliable build that is quite easy to counter.

@OP:
Dealing high damage is very possible in PVP if you are built for it. But some builds are too unreliable/easily countered that we choose to leave them strong for those people that like high risk high reward builds.

Let’s look at Chrono’s 168k Throwsword Balista for example:

First of all it requires Deadly Strike, capped at 24% chance. But to get Deadly strike, you need crit which is also capped at 24% AND reduced by Trophies (up to -15% after cap so 9% chance). You could replace it with Coatweapon which is only 9% per second (not per attack and trophies reduces the crit chance from this too) per affix. As you can see, the chance of getting Deadlystrike is very small.

Now, let’s look at Ballista. The boost is VERY high but it requires you to be as far away from the enemy as possible. That means that things like Shatter, Blinkstrike, Vault and Charge easily counters it as they close the distance. If you are in melee range, the boost is 0. Throwsword’s Projectile speed is actually quite slow, so manually moving away from the projectile’s trajectory is easy as you close the distance.

I have done MILLIONS of damage with Throwsword Balista in PvP. It is quite easy to do. These kind of damage only becomes a problem if they are reliable. The players will rarely ever receive these high end dmg in PVP as we humans are a lot smarter than the AI. We are capable of learning from our defeats and countering the AI with sheer tactics most of the time. Then it comes down to builds.

5k DMG is not the limit of Blinkstrike or any skill. A lot of people like to copy my Rogue because it has high reliable damage. This game is very complex. I hope you will have fun unravelling it as I have! Eventually, you will understand why my build can do 17k Blinkstrikes and yours cannot:

1 Like

Throwsword Balista being able to do that kind of damage is actually intended. It is an unreliable build that is quite easy to counter.

@OP:
Dealing high damage is very possible in PVP if you are built for it. But some builds are too unreliable/easily countered that we choose to leave them strong for those people that like high risk high reward builds.

First of all it requires Deadly Strike, capped at 24% chance. But to get Deadly strike, you need crit which is also capped at 24% AND reduced by Trophies (up to -15% after cap so 9% chance). You could replace it with Coatweapon which is only 9% per second (not per attack and trophies reduces the crit chance from this too) per affix. As you can see, the chance of getting Deadlystrike is very small.

Now, let’s look at Ballista. The boost is VERY high but it requires you to be as far away from the enemy as possible. That means that things like Shatter, Blinkstrike, Vault and Charge easily counters it as they close the distance. If you are in melee range, the boost is 0. Throwsword’s Projectile speed is actually quite slow, so manually moving away from the projectile’s trajectory is easy as you close the distance.

I have done MILLIONS of damage with Throwsword Balista in PvP. It is quite easy to do. These kind of damage only becomes a problem if they are reliable. The players will rarely ever receive these high end dmg in PVP as we humans are a lot smarter than the AI. We are capable of learning from our defeats and countering the AI with sheer tactics most of the time. Then it comes down to builds.

5k DMG is not the limit of Blinkstrike or any skill. A lot of people like to copy my Rogue because it has high reliable damage. This game is very complex. I hope you will have fun unravelling it as I have! Eventually, you will understand why my build can do 17k Blinkstrikes and yours cannot:

[/quote]
Dude i only have 1 trouble with your reply. i never get to see the attached picture. same as in my great green bbb thread. the attached picture cant be seen. is that hidden only for tester to see or what.?

Btw u know alot about how to calculating in pvp format. hope that rafia guy read your explanation very well and understand it…

And it seem luck always on my side lol. at very small chance i get to do massive damage…

oh anyway refia and u told me that poison cloud are very bugged. but i dont get it, since as i know from very beginning i play poison cloud same. the issue pop in up in thread when i start do GodLike damage. what u guys discover from that. and what actually happen. since it happen to me. now i have no clue at all… can u guys atleast pm me about the buggy thing since it happen to me and im being blamed and acused for abusing something that i dont even understand and know.

Edit: not refia but centraBPM and u tell me that poison cloud are very buggy.

1 Like

[quote=“cronos1234”]
Btw u know alot about how to calculating in pvp format. hope that rafia guy read your explanation very well and understand it…

And it seem luck always on my side lol. at very small chance i get to do massive damage…

oh anyway refia and u told me that poison cloud are very bugged. but i dont get it, since as i know from very beginning i play poison cloud same. the issue pop in up in thread when i start do GodLike damage. what u guys discover from that. and what actually happen. since it happen to me. now i have no clue at all… can u guys atleast pm me about the buggy thing since it happen to me and im being blamed and acused for abusing something that i dont even understand and know.

Edit: not refia but centraBPM and u tell me that poison cloud are very buggy.[/quote]
Well, it’s not our bussiness, if you are sharing your build with the whole world. You should have know it, that it’s surely not intended to deal so much dmg. So, we had to make sure, that everyone knows, the dmg you dealt was never intended. :smile:

A simple explanation from a dev:

1 Like

[quote=“Refia”][quote=“cronos1234”]

Edit: not refia but centraBPM and u tell me that poison cloud are very buggy.[/quote]
Well, it’s not our bussiness, if you are sharing your build with the whole world. You should have know it, that it’s surely not intended to deal so much dmg. So, we had to make sure, that everyone knows, the dmg you dealt was never intended. :smile:

A simple explanation from a dev:

Duhh i think he him self misslook at what make my DoT op. here it is. summon all the tester and some dev team in private room chat. so i can fully explain how my build really work. and i dont mind reveal my full build too. as long as it not on public. u mind do that…? i 100% fully understand how my build work. and i can explain to the core of my build.

“Duhh i think he him self misslook at what make my DoT op. here it is. summon all the tester and some dev team in private room chat. so i can fully explain how my build really work. and i dont mind reveal my full build too. as long as it not on public. u mind do that…? i 100% fully understand how my build work. and i can explain to the core of my build.”

Seriously… I don’t even know what to say to you.

1 Like

@OP:

[/quote]
Again mate, you’re talking about damage output, my ninja build busts out hundreds if thousands of damage in pvp especicially if the opponent has a set specific resource of mitigation and I crit , I’m talking about affixi’s mate read the previous replies, my build isn’t doing 5k Damage, I’m simply stating that with the IL 20 gear and all the set limits my on gear damage scales from 200k to 5k shown mh damage, ao people with these rediculous 40%+ damage scaling/proc chance mods and weapons with 10k+ base oh screen damage are bricked from hell, being if they work or not, with the gear lock, it is strange when I run into a simple build that 1 shots me after a long win streak with simple multishots or guided shots and ect when I’ve plowed through them for countlelss hours before. I don’t understand why you guys instantly jump to oh your build sucks, and no where near as good as mine. No one really cares mate, instead of assuming your build is better why not help fix this issue by taking screen shots /vids of those randomly not so likely legit builds in pvp

168k per hit (in pvp) is obviously not intended. :laughing:
Edit : oh it’s about ballista/throwsword thing? it got fixed and it was a bug, we used to use it in closed beta, long time before open beta :dieter:

[quote=“sullivettez”]“Duhh i think he him self misslook at what make my DoT op. here it is. summon all the tester and some dev team in private room chat. so i can fully explain how my build really work. and i dont mind reveal my full build too. as long as it not on public. u mind do that…? i 100% fully understand how my build work. and i can explain to the core of my build.”

Seriously… I don’t even know what to say to you.[/quote]

Meh, nor me, I think we reached the abyss :dieter:

Good thing steiger can test himself on your account, so even people who don’t wanna cooperate by sharing their glitched stuff can help us even if they don’t want to :dieter:

1 Like

Being a developer myself, I suppose the answer is:
Because it’s useless. A rooted user has complete control of the phone, so the checking must happen in the legit player’s phones and into the server.

Also, there are a lot of rooted used who aren’t cheaters.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Either the item checker isn’t working or it needs to be better. I have seen people with full eternal gear that has mythic affixes and sets that aren’t possible for their class. Additionally I’ve seen rare pets with set affixes, which also isn’t possible.

While I hate the cheaters and I think they are ruining arena, it is the most satisfying feeling when I still beat them in PvP :smile:

1 Like

[quote=“lunix57”]Either the item checker isn’t working or it needs to be better. I have seen people with full eternal gear that has mythic affixes and sets that aren’t possible for their class. Additionally I’ve seen rare pets with set affixes, which also isn’t possible.

While I hate the cheaters and I think they are ruining arena, it is the most satisfying feeling when I still beat them in PvP :smile:[/quote]
It is only a display issue. Their corrupted items doesn’t count to their stats.
If you see people with corrupted items, just post a screenshot in forum :smile:

1 Like