Developer Q&A

This is correct. The rate for either is about 1 in 100, at worst.

Well, just got an eternal.

funny thing while i equip eternalized before kill enslaver. after kill legend item drop. pick up. crystal legend. lol. inverted.

Steiger ive question, not get the answer yet anywhere. discordance: multi attack and EAC increase damage of special. but it didt tell how much damage it increase per multi attack and EAC. can u explain lil more about it.?

Basically we do the math for the chance of each additional attack to happen, and we directly increase the damage.

EAC is the hardest to understand, since each additional chance is reduced by 50% each time an additional attack is successful.

So for 4 EAC, it’s a multiplier of 1 + (.5 + .25 + .125 + .0625)
For 4 MA it’s 1 + ( 4 * .5 )

1 Like

okay thanks. now i know the role of Multi attack in my discordance build. thanks.

No! I know exactly where that is going! STAHP PLS! You wanna oneshot those people with 250k hp in arena or what? That oneshot build has gone too far!!! XD

@SteigerBox while we’re at it, could you take a look at this? I have some questions concerning multi and extra attacks too.

Q1: I have multiattack +2 and a 10% crushing blow affix. Does this mean that each time i press the attack button I have a 3x 10% = 30%chance to cause a crushing blow. (Disregarding pierce and other effects. Is this correct? If no, how does crushing blow work?

If the multi attack is not being used as a multiplier, then yes each attack will be physically made, and will have a chance to cause CB.

Q2: Is crushing blow considered a proc? What targets does crushing blow work on? I noticed it did nothing against a mythic enemy.

It’s considered an on-hit effect. There’s a formula for how effective it is on rarer enemies, which i think ( off the top of my head ) is Actual % Damage Taken = ( Crushing Blow % Damage Taken / 100 ) ^ Rarity Level ( 1 for normal, 2 for magic, and so on ).

Q3: I have a multiattack +2 affix and a +2 extra attack affix. I tested it and when I shot there were ALWAYS exactly 3 arrows coming out, even though the number should vary between 3 and 5, depending on how many extra attacks i get. Is this intended? How does the interaction between multi- and extra attacks work?

Some of the extra projectiles might not be showing due to overlap, but they should still be working

Q4: Can multi- and extra attacks cause crushing blows or proc storm, earthshatter, comet etc.?

Extra attacks do not cause procs, procs are only on cast

Q5: how does pierce work for the bow? The tier 19 mythstone has the effect +2 pierce on armor. How does it affect damage, does it proc proc effects, can it cause crushing blows?

Pierce was forgotten about in the last patch, and still needs to be fixed :frowning: Currently it does nothing.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crushing Blow

How do you beat the final boss in pvp? Timemage always win :sob:

Why is movement stick changes position everytime I touch the screen?

Kite/cc him, then you’ll be fine :blush:
That’s how I got around him.

His taunt and constant stealth make it nearly impossible to do it.I was only able to beat him by luck 3times out of 9times :sob:

Hmm I was using knock back , freeze, slow , so if 1 thing didn’t work the other ones will. I think I’m 4-0 vs him

Why are my arena points decaying?I remember having around 3221 points 10 hours ago and now I only have 3156 points.Do we lose points when our AI lose?Or does the points decay if we don’t play?

I’m not sure it’s possible. @Clogon might know :smile:

Because we implemented a floating virtual joystick, but there’s a few bugs with it that should be fixed in a patch coming very soon. We’ll also be added a toggle to switch between floating and fixed vstick

If you’re in Eternal league, it’s because you a being beaten by other players. You’ll have to beat them back to maintain your rank :smile:

I don’t have any questions yet but this is really nice @SteigerBox.
More power to you and DQ.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crushing Blow

Hi Steiger,
I’ve got question about Harmony mythic affix, this is the description from Wiki:

[quote]Whenever you restore HP, gain 25% of the HP gained in MP.
Whenever you restore MP, gain 25% of the MP gained in HP.[/quote]

Does HP/MP regen counted as “restore” in this case ?
Or only coming from leech/orb/potion/prayer ?