[Opinion wanted] Mythics don't interest you? Help us improve

as far as Mythics go, there are some I wouldn’t use because of my play style, but some, although they don’t look very powerful, I can’t help but wonder what kind of build would make them shine. if I make a build that compliments a Mythic I am using, I am not wasting slots. if there is an affix that doesn’t compliment the Mythic I am using, or the build as a whole, then that is a wasted slot, and it has to be replaced with something that does. :smile: even an under-powered Mythic wants to be a Hero!

Yeah adventure mythic wasn’t worth it after learning the hard way but it used to have that nice potential . Unfortunately it doesn’t help after a certain point in ascending as I figured out. Also even before Ascensions existed, that mythic wasn’t useful since levelling was very quick anyways.

Hunter mythic becomes useless after ascension perk but that’s not a bad thing . Hunter ring used to be used a hell of a lot (usually as an alternative ring , click shrine , then equip your main ring).

Many mythics are either almost useless or just hard to use. I remember some recently useless mythics quote on quote become more useful than ever before.

Serenity imo could be waste of slot but there’s always a reason for any mythic used.

I suggested recently to add “beastmaster” set affix. Why not include such ability (100% spawn enslaver) in the hunter mythic? I would definitely use it even after the perk (and maybe this part could work only when you already have the perk).

i go even further i suggest at least one class specific mythic affix.

We already have mythic skills based off class skills but they arent specific to one class only but I see what you’re saying.

Vanish was stealth mythic but with the bllind effect. It was certainly used alot when stealth used to be OP in arena and mythic proc chances are unaffected in arena.

Cyclone was basically like Whirlwind 40 hero points and taunt. Also Twister at the same time since it shows a Twister like animation.

Nova was basically a mythic form of Coat but explosive and teleport but you don’t teleport.

Enigma was basically a mythic form of wizard shatter.

CosmicOrb was basically orb skill on steroids. Basically orb but hits 20 times a second instead of 10 times and 300% MH instead of 200% MH. It hits by 10 strands of 300% MH and 10 times on its own.

Earthquake mythic was based of Earthshatter.

Rockblast was based off wands and bows but shoved rocks. It used to be explosive but it isn’t.

Arc is just based of reactor arc set but more powerful.

Bombard was not surprisingly based of meteor. but smaller chunks dealing less DMG but totalled up to 1000% or so MH. Not guaranteed that all would hit though. Also created DMG like expected just like earthquake and enigma.

And Finally apocalypse was its own way to summon an army of Fury’s from the sky instead of equipping legend affix fury proc but it dealt MH% instead of OH% if I recall correctly or did more dmg but more summons.

But everyone can use that mythics. I mean is one mythic only available for wizard, one for rogue and finally other for warrior. No one could craft each other mythic creating in this way a arena epic fight.

I like Mythics. I’ve Built 3 characters around apocalyptic weapons. My next 3 are going to be based around vanish perhaps with the trickster set bonus and mirror image :slight_smile:

Yes I know. That’s why mythics are sought after. Because they are accessible in all classes because they are procs rather than skills and beefier than the ordinary skills.

I get what you mean by class limiting them but yeah. I think it’s fair the way it is now with the mythics and that limiting would cause some issues .

You didn’t understand what i mean :worried: I mean new mythics for each class and keep those that already exist.

Yes I know.

Lol, I ressurected this thread. It has gotten alot of attention. Gotta wonder why.

I like Mythics, but I also think it needs to be revamped. The reason I think is because, 1: many restrictions on what Item to put it on. 2: some of the mythics are mundane, or poorly defined. Some are almost useless. Also having restrictions on which item to put mythics on, prevents from creating a Mythic set! But maybe that’s the plan all along.

Cheers…

Yup. That sounds true. I do agree with the some mythics are useless point or almost useless however.